Applications, currently, are ongoing for the Science@Leuven Scholarship 2018 for International Students in Belgium. The Scholarship is designed for International Students pursuing their masters degree programme in the universities. The Scholarship worth up to 10,000 Euro for 1 year.
About the Scholarship:
The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, abbreviated KU Leuven and also known as the University of Leuven, is a research university in Flanders, Belgium.The Faculty of Science and its alumni association Science@Leuven are proud to announce the Science@LeuvenScholarships!Motivated and talented international students interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven are invited to apply for this scholarship.
Level/ Field of Study:
The Scholarship is designed for internation taking their masters degree courses below:
- Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Biology
- Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialization Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship. Students applying for the other specializations (enrollment at Ghent University) will not be considered for the scholarship.)
- Master of Mathematics
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statistics
- Erasmus Mundus Master of Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master in Sustainable and Territorial Development
- The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be.
- The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
- The scholarship will be continued for the second master year under the condition that the students have excellent grades in the first master year.
Who is Eligible?
- Applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before.
- The applicant have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
- The applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a Ph.D.,
- Applicants can prove excellent study results during their former training.
- The Candidates can prove a very strong knowledge of English.Applicants who are non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- Applicants with a university degree earned in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the USA: the certified diploma and transcripts suffice, provided they confirm that the entire university study was completed in English.
- Absolutely no other diplomas will be accepted as evidence, even if the applicant has followed an exclusively English-taught programme.
- Other applicants should submit a satisfactory score on an internationally recognized test of English language proficiency: TOEFL (minimum score 94 internet-based with at least 19 for reading, 18 for Listening, 19 for speaking and 21 for writing) or IELTS (minimum score 7 overall, whilst at least 6,5 for reading, 6 for listening, 6 for speaking and 6 for writing).
- No other proficiency tests will be accepted, and absolutely no application will be considered without such a test certificate.
- The applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven
- The applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
- Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements.
- For more information please check their official website.
How Do I Apply?:
- Apply online through the given link.
- For more information please visit their official website.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2018