The State University of New York College at Geneseo offers international students scholarship opportunities in the USA via its International Student Scholarships awarded twice per annum.
The scholarship award is targeted at aiding intelligent foreign students to attain their academic dreams in the US.
In better news, the said scholarship is open for 2021/2022 academic session.
- About the State University of New York College at Geneseo
- Available Scholarships for International Students at Geneseo
- How to Apply
About the State University of New York College at Geneseo
Primarily referred to as Geneseo, the State University of New York College at Geneseo is a premier public liberal arts college founded in 1871. Nationally recognized for excellence and value in the liberal arts, the school is known for its exceptional faculty, its welcoming atmosphere, and its reputation for producing successful alumni
Located on 220 acres in the historic Village of Geneseo, and a short drive from Rochester and Buffalo, Geneseo offers a warm environment for learning and discovery. The campus embodies the classic aesthetic of Northeastern colleges with brick walkways, shade trees, and ivy-draped buildings.
Available Scholarships for International Students at Geneseo
International applicants do not need to complete any additional applications to be considered for the scholarships listed below. To be considered for these scholarships, you must submit a complete application for admission and provide all of the required academic documents.
1) International Student Scholarships
These tuition scholarships range from $5,000 USD – $9,000 USD per year and are awarded at the time of admission. Awards are based on outstanding academic achievements as evidenced by grades on transcripts (or mark sheets), results on national examinations.
Academic scholarships are renewable for up to four years with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. International applicants admitted to SUNY Geneseo are automatically considered for an International Student Scholarship. Freshman (first-year) and transfer students are eligible for the International Student Scholarships.
Scholarships will be awarded on a case-by-case basis as available after those dates.
*International Students who participate in intercollegiate varsity athletics are not eligible to receive scholarship support in accordance with NCAA and Geneseo guidelines.
2) Ambassador Apartments World Citizen Scholarships for International Students
Two awards for the international students who best demonstrate awareness and understanding of what it means to be a world citizen. Endowed by Mr. Frank Csapo of the Ambassador Apartments. The Director of the International Student & Scholar Services office and the International Scholarship Committee choose the recipients.
3) VanArsdale Scholarships
One award is made each year to support an international student who demonstrates excellence in academics at Geneseo. Endowed by Mr. And Mrs. VanArsdale, the recipient is chosen by the Director of the International Student & Scholar Services office and the International Scholarship Committee.
4) Muriel A. Daniels International Endowed Scholarship
This scholarship is supported by an endowment established by Robert and Marilyn Lyon in honor of Marilyn’s mother, Muriel. It provides a scholarship to an outstanding SUNY Geneseo international student with preference given to a Canadian student with a solid academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA) who demonstrates leadership, respect, loyalty and integrity.
The priority deadline for scholarships is October 1 for Spring semester and January 1 for Fall semester.
Summary of Scholarship Details
- University: The State University of New York College at Geneseo
- Department: All departments (No departments are specified for the said scholarships)
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Awards: Range from $6,000 USD – $10,000 USD per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Persons Eligible: International Students
- Place of taking award: Can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be an international student applying to SUNY Geneseo for matriculation into a graduate program for the summer, fall or spring semester. Scholarship applicants must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- They must have high school certificates with a good academic record.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants have to take admission for an undergraduate program at SUNY Geneseo. International applicants admitted to SUNY Geneseo are automatically considered for an International Student Scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must have up-to-date official transcripts from all secondary schools (high schools) you have attended with English translations and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
The State University of New York College at Geneseo will provide an award amount range from $6,000 – $10,000 per year to the successful candidates.
Scholarships are intended to mitigate the hardship of paying tuition in a foreign state, which is often quite exhorbitant.
Thus, it is our hope that you apply for these available scholarships. Always remember that the trick is to apply for as many scholarships as possible. It predisposes you to several considerations from scholarship sponsors. You never know which one will click for you.
Cheers to several wins and bests of luck.