The Flemish Interuniversity Council offers 12 scholarships each year at Hasselt University. Scholarships are available for pursuing ICP Master’s programme Master of Statistics.
Hasselt University’s Master of Statistics acquired accreditation from the prestigious Royal Statistical Society.
Hasselt University is a university with campuses in Hasselt and Diepenbeek, Belgium. It was officially established in 1971, as the Limburgs Universitair Centrum. On June 15, 2005, the university changed its name to Hasselt University.
Candidates who wish to apply have to demonstrate the good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
Level/Field of study:
Scholarships are available for pursuing ICP Master’s programme Master of Statistics in the field of Statistics.
The scholarship is hosted by the Hasselt University, Belgium
ICP Scholarships are available for applicants from the following 31 eligible countries
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
These opportunities has value that includes
- Allowance: € 890/month
- Accommodation allowance: € 390/month
- Family allowance: € 62 per dependent person/month
- Several one-time payments
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
The Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS) offers 12 scholarships each year for ICP Master’s programme Master of Statistics.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Nationality and Country of Residence: A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the following 31 countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application: Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger; Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam and Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
- Age: The maximum age for a Master programme candidate is 35 years. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
- Students should hold at least a university diploma or degree certificate or a diploma of higher education equivalent to a bachelor degree (180 ECTS credit points).
- Applications of holders of a bachelor degree in mathematics, physics, computer sciences, chemistry, biology, life sciences, bio-, business-, civil engineering, medicine, sociology, psychology, artificial intelligence, biotechnology with a sufficiently strong background in mathematics and statistics can apply.
- Candidates who wish to apply have to demonstrate the good command of the English language, both spoken and written. English language skills need to be confirmed by a recent score on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or any recognised proficiency test:
- A TOEFL score report (paper-based: score 550 or more, computer-based: score 213 or more, internet-based: score 79-80)
- IELTS certificate (overall band score 6.0)
- The English Language Test can be waived on the basis of an interview or if English language proficiency is proven otherwise (e.g. if education or part of it was in English or if English is a national language in your home country).
To apply for an ICP scholarships several steps need to be done. Please make sure that you start on time with your application to avoid that your dossier cannot be completed before the deadline.
Step 1: Online registration
- Visit the link online registration
- Complete the online registration form
- Page STUDY PROGRAMME: select “Master of Statistics”
- Page LEARNING ACCOUNT: if you have not yet obtained a degree in Belgium, the balance of your learning account is 140
- Page SUCCESS RATE: if you weren’t enrolled at Hasselt University in the previous year, skip this page and proceed to the next page of the application form
- If you are eligible to apply for the ICP scholarship, you will see this on the page FINANCES in the online application. To apply for the scholarship, you first have to mark the option “yes” on that
- page (application for a VLIR-ICP-scholarship: “yes”)
Step 2: VLIR-UOS scholarship application form: To apply for the ICP scholarship, you have to follow a specific procedure. You’ll find more information about this procedure on the VLIR-application form, which you can download on top of the UP/DOWNLOAD page in your online application.
After completing the online registration form, you also have to upload your documents on the up/download page.
Step 3: Send hard copies of your application by post
- Printout of the VLIR-UOS scholarship application form
- Hard copies of legalised* degree certificates and academic transcripts
- Hard copies of additional necessary documents: certified English translations of diplomas and degrees, proof of English proficiency, 2 letters of recommendation, passport picture, … (see checklist)
You can begin the application and get more details by clicking the Scholarship Link
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible