A lot of college students have been awarded scholarships for Sophomores. you can also be a beneficiary. We have compiled Top 21 Scholarships for College Students in California 2020. read through to know the eligibility criteria.
Nearly 5% of all students enrolled in higher-level education in the USA are international students, and the numbers are growing. From the mid-1950s, when international student enrollment was only just reaching 35,000, international education in the USA has come a long way.
Scholarships for College Sophomores in the USA, 2020 Avail all the recent and most accurate information about sophomore scholarships at this online platform.
These preferred Scholarships for College Sophomores are granted on the basis of academic achievement, leadership potential, and high intellectual competence.
That’s why we’ve painstakingly compiled this list of 15th-grade scholarships for you as a US student desiring to pursue your undergraduate, masters, Ph.D. education in the United States with scholarships for undergraduates students in the US, scholarships for masters students, etc to end your searching.
- 15 Scholarships for Sophomores in the USA
- Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum Student Essay Contest
- Ayn Rand Essay Contest
- NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund Essay Contest
- Fleet Reserve Association Essay Contest
- Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest
- Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
- Young Patriots Essay Contest
- Profile in Courage Essay Contest
- We the Students Essay Contest
- Optimist International Essay Contest
- Scholastic Art & Writing Award
- Create Real Impact Contest
- TeenDrive365 Video Challenge
- Doodle 4 Google
- AutoPets™ Out-of-the-Box Thinking Scholarship
15 Scholarships for Sophomores in the USA
It’s never too early to start saving up for your college education, there are plenty of scholarship opportunities that could help pay for your tuition, books, fees, and living expenses a couple of years down the line.
This list below includes a variety of scholarships for sophomores in high schools and scholarships for sophomores in college 2020, broken down into the following categories:
- Special Interest Scholarships
- Creative Scholarships
- Hobby- and Activity-Based Scholarships
- Location-based Scholarships, and
- Easy Scholarships.
- Essay Scholarships
These scholarships for sophomores in the USA are not limited to one college or university, so student applicants who win these awards can apply them for a variety of schools.
Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum Student Essay Contest
The Oklahoma City National Museum hosts a 500-word essay contest for students in grades 5-12. The essay topics usually revolve around ideas related to the Oklahoma bombings in 1995.
- 1st place: $200
- 2nd place: $150
- 3rd place: $100
Ayn Rand Essay Contest
High school sophomores can write an essay on one of several topics related to the book Anthem by Ayn Rand. The deadline to apply is April 25, 2020.
- 1st place: $2,000 (one winner)
- 2nd place: $250 (three winners)
- 3rd place: $100 (five winners)
- Finalists: $25 (50 winners)
NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund Essay Contest
To enter this contest, high school students must write a 1,000-word essay on the question, “What does the second amendment meant to you?” The deadline is December 31, 2020.
- 1st place: $1,000
- 2nd place: $600
- 3rd place: $200
- 4th place: $100
Fleet Reserve Association Essay Contest
Students in grades 7-12 can enter this essay contest by submitting a 350-word essay on the topic “What Freedom of Speech Means to Me.” The deadline is December 1, 2020.
- Grand national prize: $5,000
- 1st place: $2,500
- 2nd place: $1,500
- 3rd place: $1,000
Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest
US high school students interested in art can apply to win one of eight national awards. Applicants must submit an original piece of art with a patriotic theme. The first-place winner receives $15,000, a plaque and airfare to plus two nights’ lodging at the VFW Auxiliary National Convention.
The winner’s art will also be featured on the cover of the VFW Auxiliary magazine and the Auxiliary website. The deadline to apply is March 31, 2020.
- 1st place: $15,000
- 2nd place: $7,500
- 3rd place: $3,500
- 4th place: $1,500
- 5th-8th place: $500
Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship
High school students can submit a 250-word essay on a topic of their choice to qualify for this scholarship competition to win a $1,000 prize. There are two contests per year. The fall contest deadline is December 31, 2020, and the spring contest deadline is July 31, 2020.
Young Patriots Essay Contest
All US high school students can submit a 1,500 words essay on a topic related to current events and/or public policy.
- 1st place: $5,000
- 2nd place: $2,500
- 3rd place: $1,500
Profile in Courage Essay Contest
Students in grades 9-12 can submit a 700- to 1,000-word essay on the topic, “an act of political courage by a US elected official who served during or after 1917, the year John F. Kennedy was born.” Essays must have at least five sources. The deadline for this year’s contest is January 18, 2020.
- 1st place: $10,000
- 2nd place: $3,000
- Finalists: $1,000 (five winners)
- Semi-finalists: $100 (eight winners)
We the Students Essay Contest
US students enrolled in grades 8-12 can apply to win one of 15 awards ranging from $500 to $5,000. Applicants must complete the online application and submit an 800 words essay on the topic cited on the website. The deadline is February 14, 2020.
- 1st place: $5,000
- Runners-up: $1,250 (six winners)
- Honourable Mention: $500 (eight winners)
Optimist International Essay Contest
US students under the age of 19 can submit an essay on the topic “When All the World’s Problems are Solved, is Optimism Still Necessary?”. The Club will winners advance to the District contest to compete for a $2,500 scholarship. The deadline for submission is February 28, 2020.
Scholastic Art & Writing Award
Students in grades 7-12 with a keen interest in writing or art can apply to win a Best-in-Grade Award. Students in 12th grade only can also apply to win a Portfolio Award.
- Portfolio Award–Gold Medal: $10,000 (16 winners)
- Portfolio Award–Silver Medal: $1,000 (30 winners)
- Best-in-Grade Award: $500 (24 winners, four per grade level)
Create Real Impact Contest
Students between the ages of 14 and 22 can submit either a 100-600 word essay, a video, a work of art, or a piece of music they’ve composed on the topic, ‘’How to address reckless driving’’. Voting on entries begins October 2, 2020.
- Grand prize: $1,500 (four winners, one per category)
- Top Schools prize: $1,000 (three winners)
- Top Online Vote Getter prize: $500 (four winners, one per category)
- Spanish Category Award: $1,500 (one winner)
- Sports Team Award: $1,500 (one winner)
TeenDrive365 Video Challenge
US high school students at least 13 years of age can enter this contest by creating a unique 30- to 60-second video that highlights safer teen driving. The video must end with the TeenDrive365 Video Challenge Call to Action slide, which can be downloaded from the TeenDrive365 website. The submission deadline is in February 2020.
- 1st place: $15,000
- 2nd place: $10,000
- 3rd place: $7,500
- People’s Choice: $5,000
- 4th-10th place: $2,500
- Regional prizes: $1,000 (four winners)
Doodle 4 Google
Students in 12th grade can apply for this scholarship; the applicants must submit a Google Doodle related to this year’s theme. All submissions are divided and judged by age group. The deadline is in March 2020.
- National Winner: $30,000 (plus a $50,000 technology award for the winner’s school)
- National Finalists: $5,000 (four winners, one per age group)
AutoPets™ Out-of-the-Box Thinking Scholarship
All current high school students can apply for this scholarship, interested applications must include a 400-word essay about an innovative pet product idea. The deadline is in July 2020.
- Grand prize: $1,250
- First runner-up: $500
- Second runner-up: $250
- Fully funded Wenner-Gren Foundation Ph.D. Fellowships for African Students
- Simple Procedures to get an Indian Student Visa Fast
- Tel Aviv University Postdoctoral, Doctoral and Visiting Fellowships in Israel,
- Next-Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Fellowships for African Countries
- 2020 LEAP Africa Graduate Internship Programme
- EACVI Training Grants for International Students in Europe
- Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership Vacancy
- Banting Postdoctoral Annual Fellowships For Canadian and International Students.
- Swedish Institute Creative Force Grants Program
- Thorlabs Engineering Scholarship Programme in the UK
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.