SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are been invited for the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships, and The applications website will receive new applications from September 11th to November 17th, 2017 for the 2018-2019. This program is available to undertake PhD or postdoctoral studies in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines at leading universities abroad. Application are strongly encouraged from female citizens of a developing country or emerging economy.
‣ The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future program supports women from developing countries in their pursuit of advanced graduate studies in STEM at leading universities worldwide.
‣ The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships program also has an extended mission to encourage community building through in-person forums, with the objective to create an international community of women leaders who will support scientific development and act as change agents in their home countries.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Abroad
Level: PhD or postdoctoral studies ( Fellowships are available to pursue PhD or postdoctoral studies at leading universities abroad)
Field(s): science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
Deadline: The applications website will receive new applications from September 11th to November 17th, 2017 for the 2018-2019
Funded By: The Schlumberger Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships are targeted for Women applicants of a developing country or emerging economy can apply for these Faculty for the Future fellowships.
‣ Award No: The Foundation has awarded new fellowships for the 2015-2016 academic year to 155 women, and has also extended 135 existing grants. This year the program attracted a total of 1166 new and renewal applications.
|‣ Scholarship Duration: Grants are awarded on a one-year basis, and may be renewed through to completion of PhD or post-doc study subject to performance, outreach and collaboration initiatives, and recommendations from supervisors (preferably host and home universities respectively).|
‣ Scholarship covers: Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual costs for eligible expenses up to a maximum of USD 50,000 per year and may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation, recommendation from supervisors and strong evidence of re-integration plans into the home country.
To be eligible to apply for Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships , applicants must meet the following criteria:
‣ are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy. You are not eligible to apply if you hold dual citizenship of which one is citizenship of a developed country;
‣ are preparing for a PhD, or postdoctoral study in the physical sciences, engineering and related disciplines;
‣ are enrolled, admitted or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where an individual has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich course the final degree must be awarded by the University abroad (not from the home country university);
‣ hold an excellent academic record;
‣ have a proven track record of teaching experience or can demonstrate commitment to teaching;
‣ can demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach programs to encourage young women into the sciences;
‣ are willing to contribute to the socio-economic development of your home country and region by strengthening the faculties in your home universities, pursuing relevant
research, or using your specific expertise to address public policy matters.
Selection Criteria for Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships
‣ Applicants are chosen via a rigorous selection process based on academic performance, outstanding references, research relevance, and commitment to teaching as well as the ability to be a change agent and inspire other young women into science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) pursuits.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are only accepted through the online system.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The applications website will receive new applications from September 11th to November 17th, 2017 for the 2018-2019
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.