Scarlett Family Foundation is glad to invite applications for the Scarlett Family Foundation College Scholarship Program.
To be eligible, you must be undergraduate students studying business or STEM studies at college or university. Financial need will also be considered. Winner will receive the benefit of a maximum of $15,000.
The Scarlett Family Foundation, established in 2005, is the administrator of the Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship Program, which is the Foundation’s major drive.
In this article, we will guide you through all detailed information about the Scarlett Family Foundation, such as the eligibility criteria, the program benefits, its deadline and how to apply.
Below is a table of content to aid you navigate this article, make good use of it.
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship Description
- Level/Field of Study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- Scholarship Worth
- Eligibility for Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship 2021
- How to Apply for Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship 2021
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship Application Link
- Additional Information
- We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship Description
As stated above, the Scarlett Family Foundation, established in 2005, is the administrator of the Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship Program, which is the Foundation’s major drive. The aim of the foundation is to provide the need and merit-based scholarships to Middle Tennessee students of all ages.
With the Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship program, the foundation hopes to see that every student receives high-quality education to reach their potential and become self-sufficient.
Over the years, the foundation has provided scholarship awards to more than 500 students, amounting to $9.6m. The students awarded scholarships span across 134 high schools in 36 counties.
The scholarship amount can be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for course load. Checks will be mailed directly to the scholar and made payable to the institution. It is the recipient’s responsibility to notify ISTS of any address changes. Checks receivable will be split into two — one check mailed in August for the fall term, and one check mailed in December for the spring term.
Level/Field of Study
Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship is taken in the United States of America. International Scholarships are available for International students wishing to study abroad in any country. You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates.
The citizens of certain counties in the U.S. are welcome to apply. I will recommend you check 15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship. (very important)
The minimum scholarship awarded by the Scarlett Family Foundation is $2,500 per academic year and the maximum award is $15,000 per academic year.
Eligibility for Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship 2021
To be eligible for a Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship program, students are expected to:
- Be a graduating high school senior, an individual who obtained a GED by June 1st, or a college freshman, sophomore, or junior.
- Demonstrate financial need via a 1040 tax return.
- Graduate from any high school in Middle Tennessee’s 40 counties.
- Pursue a Business or STEM degree at a 4-year, non-profit college or university. Check STEM degrees here: https://scarlettfamily.wpengine.com/students/eligible-majors-for-scholarship/
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Enroll full-time next fall.
How to Apply for Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship 2021
To apply for the I-2 Scholarship, students will complete an online application through ISTS, and will be asked to provide:
- A statement explaining how this interim course or internship will add value to your current major
- A course/program description and proof of cost
Students may renew their awards for up to four years or until the recipient completes an undergraduate degree, whichever comes first. Students do not need to reapply every year as those eligible to renew their scholarship will be notified by email from ISTS on March 1.
Students will have until April 30 to complete the renewal application. The renewal of the scholarship will depend on the committee’s annual review of the following:
- Positive academic performance as evidenced by the student’s transcript.
- Recipient’s full-time status.
- Continued demonstration of financial need.
- Cost of the college or university where the student is enrolled.
The Scarlett Family Foundation will consider granting an additional semester on a case-by-case basis in extreme circumstances. Students should email Tom Parrish of the Scarlett Family Foundation with a letter as to why they need more time, and provide a copy of their most recent transcript at least 90 days prior to the start of the semester.
A scholar could forfeit his/her awarded scholarship if the student:
- Changes to a non-business or non-STEM approved major.
- Transfers to a 2-year or a for-profit institution.
- Is no longer enrolled as a full-time student.
- Is placed on academic or behavioral probation by the university. The student loses the scholarship for one year, after which it will be reviewed by the committee for reinstatement
- Fails to complete the renewal process by the deadline.
However, the scholarship committee may review exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship Application Deadline
The application for the 2021 Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship runs between September 15 and December 15 every year. However, there is an open scholarship administered by the foundation which is available to current Scarlett Scholars. This is the I-2 Scholarship.
Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship Application Link
- A student may transfer from one institution to another and retain the award; however, the amount awarded is subject to change based on the tuition cost of the new university.
- The Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarships are not taxable.
The I-2 Scholarship
This scholarship is available to current Scarlett scholars and administered by the Scarlett Family Foundation. The award is to supplement students’ current award by covering costs associated with internships, interim coursework, and special programs. The link to apply will be emailed to eligible students.
The maximum value of the scholarship is $5,000, and the approved programs include internships that are on site for the full fall, spring, or summer term; interim terms such as May-masters and short January courses between fall and spring semesters; and special programs.
Special programs might involve an individual or group project that is part of a class, such as a competition that involves registration fees, materials, and travel. Semester study abroad programs will be considered and must show a very significant benefit to your degree.
To be eligible, students must be:
- A current Scarlett Family Foundation Scholar.
- Enrolled in a 4-year college or university and seeking a bachelor’s degree.
- In good academic standing.
- Internships, interim coursework, and special programs must be approved and sponsored by your current college or university.
- Recipients are required to submit a one-page document to Tom Parrish via email30 days after the I-2 award program is completed on the subject: How did your experience enhance your degree? The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Typical on-campus summer term classes, online programs, graduate-level programs, or an extra semester beyond your regular scholarship award are excluded programs from the scholarship.
- The scholarship is not available to graduate students, and 5th-year undergraduate students who wish to apply must have prior approval from the Scarlett Family Foundation.
- Students are limited to 1 award during their time on scholarship.
- Award checks will be written to the student’s university and mailed to their home address, consistent with their current Scarlett Scholarship.
- For students who wish to use the award between January and August of the following year, apply between October 1 and October 31 and the awards will be announced in November.
- However, students who wish to use the award between May and December of the same year should apply between March 1 and March 31 and the awards will be announced in April.
The International Scholarship Services
The International Scholarship Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) specializes in managing sponsored scholarship programs. ISTS partners with The Scarlett Family Foundation to host their scholars’ scholarship information and application. Students wishing to apply for a Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship program are expected to create an ISTS account. All communication for the scholarship will be sent by ISTS to the email provided on the students’ application throughout the application process. Students should be on the lookout for important email reminders and deadlines!
To create an account, visit: https://aim.applyists.net/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2f
Important Dates to Remember:
- March 1 to 31 – Scholarship Renewal Period Begins
- March 1 to April 10 – Scholarship Renewal Period Closes
- June 1 – Scholarship Renewal Announced to Students
- August 1– Fall Semester Checks Mailed to Students
- December 1 – Spring Semester Checks Mailed to Students
Eligibility for winning our scholarship ebook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate an interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- University of West London International Scholarships for Bachelors and Masters Students 2021
- International Ambassador Scholarships at UWL in UK, 2021
- International Ambassador Scholarships at University of West London
- 50 international ambassador scholarships at University of West London in UK , 2021
- University of St Andrews, School of Management International Ambassador Scholarships Scheme in UK, 2021
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program in Canada 2021
- Education USA Scholars Program 2021 for Rwandan Students
- Employment-Based Scholarship by Higher Education Authority, Ireland, 2021
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If not, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum