The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR) is inviting applications for SCAR Fellowship. This fellowship open to current PhD researcher or within 5 years of finishing PhD. Please note, the eligible scholars should be coming from selected countries listed below. The successful fellows will have opportunity to conducting a short term visit to the laboratory and facilities in SCAR member countries. In addition, he or she will be awarded up to $15,000 plus other benefits. To apply, the application package must be submitted no later than 1 July 2017.
The SCAR Fellowships are intended to allow researchers to undertake short-term visits to major international laboratories, field facilities, and/or institutes in or operated by SCAR member countries, so as to become acquainted with recent advances in research and/or to develop long-term scientific links and partnerships. The work must be carried out in a research group of a SCAR member country different from that of the (i) applicant’s origin and (ii) current residence.
The successful fellows may expect to receive the following benefits:
- USD $15,000 per award;
- Home institute to bear in-home-country costs (e.g. visa costs, domestic travel);
- Host institute to waive bench fees, if any.
Level and Area of Studies
Research in the field that connecting to SCAR’s objective.
Place of Study
This program can be taken in one of SCAR member countries.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible the applicants are expected to meet the criteria as follow:
- Current PhD researcher or within 5 years of finishing PhD;
- Visiting a facility in or run by a SCAR member country, which is different from the applicant’s (a) country of origin and (b) current country of residence;
- Should contribute to the objectives of one or more of the Standing Scientific Groups and the current Scientific Research Programmes.
Applicants should be coming from one of the following countries; Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Please click the the application link below to see further instruction of this fellowship.
1 July 2017