World Scholarship forum is at their best to bring you up to speed with the latest happenings. This are happenings with regards to study in Slcc university/Salt Lake Community College. You won’t know the secrets on how to secure Slcc admissions to Study in the University if you don’t pay attention to the lines at the end of the post. In this writing, we shall discuss Slcc tuition: Scholarships, acceptance rate and Cost of Living.
Notwithstanding, the mission of the Slcc university is to serve the people of the salt lake community. And also the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge. Also, added with art, academic values, developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
Salt Lake Community College Tuition: Scholarship, Acceptance Rate & Cost of Living
The Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is a public community college in Salt Lake County, Utah. It is the largest state university for two years with the most diverse students. Serves more than 60,000 students on 10 campuses, as well as through online classes. The university has a student to teacher ratio of 20:1.
Since SLCC is a community college, it focuses on the college degrees that students can transfer to any other four-year university in the state to meet the requirements of the first two years of obtaining. Bachelor SLCC has an open record and serves the local community, with nearly 95% of students considered Utah residents.
Although the university does not provide certificates for four years directly, school officials work with other higher education institutions in the state. This is to forge partnerships between different schools and ensure that credits are transferable. Salt Lake Community College has partnered with selected institutions for four years to provide opportunities for students to complete their bachelor’s degree while staying at one of the SLCC colleges.
However, public education credits can be transferred to any four-year school in Utah, including Utah State University. Also, including other relating universities such as; the University of Utah, Utah valley university and private schools such as Brigham Young University and the University of Westminster.
Salt Lake Community College Tuition in 2019
This school undergoes only an Undergraduate degree program.
Undergraduate Slcc Tuition
Salt Lake community college tuitions is $3,319 per year for in-state residents. This slcc tuition is 6% cheaper than the national average of two-year tuition of $3532. The cost is 68% cheaper than the average Utah Slcc tuition of $1,023 for 2-year colleges. Education ranks third in Utah among second-year colleges in terms of affordability and ranks seventh among the most expensive colleges in the state.
If the assistance is out of state, the cost of registration is $11,558, which represents a premium of 248%. The school charges an additional fee of $462 plus Slcc tuition fees, bringing the total actual state tuition to $3,781.for residents of the state.
Education ranks third in Utah among second-year colleges in terms of affordability and ranks seventh among the most expensive colleges in the state. If the assistance is out of state, the cost of registration is $11,558, which represents a premium of 248%. The school charges an additional fee of $462 plus tuition fees, bringing the total actual Slcc tuition to $3,781.
Slcc University Housing Costs
Salt Lake Community College doesn’t offer on-campus housing. If you’re not living with a family you will need to budget for food and housing in the Salt Lake City area just like you would for a college with dorms. The estimated rent and meal expense per academic year for off campus housing is $10,200.
Slcc University Books and Supplies
The estimated annual cost for books and supplies is worth $1,300.
Other Living Expenses
Off-campus students should budget for $3,750 in other miscellaneous living expenses.
The total Slcc tuition and living expense budget for in-state Utah residents is worth $19,031 for the 2019/2020 academic year. Out-of-state students who don’t have Utah residence can expect a one year cost of $27,270. Students residing at home with parents providing food and housing should budget a total cost of $8,831.
|Utah Resident Total Budget (Living Off Campus)||$19,031|
|In-State Slcc Tuition||$3,319|
|Other Slcc Tuition/Fees||$462|
|Off-Campus Housing Budget||$10,200|
|Off-Campus Other Budget||$3,750|
|Books and Supplies||$1,300|
|Utah Resident Total Budget (Living with Parents)||$8,831|
|In-State Slcc Tuition||$3,319|
|Other Slcc Tuition/Fees||$462|
|Family Provided Room and Board||$0|
|With-Family Other Living Budget||$3,750|
|Books and Supplies||$1,300|
What the Salt Lake Community College Really Costs
Depending on many factors including student and parent income and assets, the total cost of attendance may be less than the $19,031 published price if scholarship or grant aid is made available to you.
Salt Lake Community College Net Price
The net out-of-pocket total cost you end up paying or financing though student loans is known as the net price. The reported Salt Lake Community College net price for in-state students is $7,014* for the 2014/2015 academic year. This net price includes housing and meal expenses.
Pell Grants and other Grant Aid
62% of students at Salt Lake Community College received a grant in the previous years. The average amount of aid was worth $4,273. 57 percent of the students received assistance in the form of a grant from Bill from the federal government of the United States. Also, the average Pell Grant awarded the previous years was worth $4,409. To apply for the Bell Scholarship to attend Salt Lake Community College, the first step is to complete a free application for federal student aid (FAFSA).
Cost of Slcc university Degree
Being a school offering two-year programs, prospective students should consider the multi year outlay when budgeting the cost for two years at Salt Lake Community College.
Estimated 2 Year Cost at Published Tuition
According to current published rates, the total cost of Slcc tuition and estimated living expenses for a two-year fellowship at Salt Lake Community College is worth $38,062 for students graduating on a regular basis. However, this methodology for estimating the cost of two years is a direct multiplier of the most recent annual cost and does not take into account increases in enrollment during your school stay. You also do not receive any scholarship or scholarship and pay for the entire list.
A potentially more accurate but less conservative estimate of a degree cost can be made by using the school’s annual $6,785 in-state net price as the basis. Applying this cost over 2 would estimate the cost of a degree at $13,570.
Other Slcc University Cost
Estimated Cost Per Semester
Most colleges don’t charge students on an annual basis but instead require payment semester by semester. If you ever need to take an additional semester of classes to complete your degree you shouldn’t have to pay for a full academic year. These our estimated costs for a semester at Salt Lake Community College.
|Utah Resident Tuition Per Semester||$1,660|
|Utah Resident Total Cost Per Semester||$9,516|
|Non-Utah Resident Tuition Per Semester||$5,779|
|Non-Utah Resident Total Cost Per Semester||$13,635|
Cost Per Credit Hour and Cost for a Class
Some schools also offer the possibility of taking individual lessons by credit hours. The price mentioned per credit hour and the estimated cost of a class at the Salt Lake Community College is as follows. Credit costs are for reference only because many schools do not allow students to pay by credit hours.
|Price per credit hour for Utah residents||$138|
|Cost for one class for Utah residents (3 credit hours)||$414|
|Price per credit hour for out of state residents||$481|
|Cost for one class for out of state residents (3 credit hours)||$1,443|
|Cost for one class for out of state residents (4 credit hours)||$1,924|
Student Loans and Debt
The second consideration after understanding the cost of the university is to determine how it is funded. Although Some students are lucky because they have some form of financial aid to the family, student loans eventually end up funding a large part of higher education in the United States. U.S. 25% of Salt Lake Community College students receive federal loans for American students. The U.S. From $3638.
A $50.00 late payment fee will be taken to all student accounts which are yet to pay their tuition and fees.
International students will get an additional $40.00 administrative fee per semester.
It is understandable that paying for college can be difficult. That is why Slcc university is glad to announce its offering of thousands of dollars in student scholarships every year. The University also offers a series of Slcc scholarships every year, which is listed below.
How to Apply for the Slcc Scholarships
- Visit our online scholarship application site.
- Click “Sign in with Your School Account”.
- Use your MySLCC username and password to sign in.
- Complete and submit the General Application.
- Complete any follow-up items listed on the Dashboard.
- Check your BruinMail and visit the scholarship application site for updates on the status of your scholarships.
Non-Institutional Slcc Scholarship
- UTA Diesel Technician Internship/Scholarship
- BPW/Utah Foundation Scholarship
- Native American Scholarships
- Air Force ROTC
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Daniel’s Fund Scholarships
The purpose of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship is to educate students about the types of financial assistance available. As part of this education, the Office helps students complete the free application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and inform them of the requirements for maintaining financial assistance.
These also include maintaining satisfactory progress, completing classes in a timely manner and maintaining the pace of graduation in the normal time frame. In addition, students can identify sources of funding other than Title IV, such as scholarships, tuition exemption programs, and SLCC.
FINANCIAL AID IN 8 STEPS
- Student applies online using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Go to FAFSA
- Enter SLCC Federal School Code: 005220
- Use IRS Data Retrieval Tool when possible
- SLCC Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships (OFAS) receives FAFSA data and requests information.
- Monitor your BruinMail account for emails from the OFAS
- Requested information can also be found on MySLCC
- Student submits requested information to the OFAS.
- Submit information at one time and make sure name and student number are on each page
- Submit paperwork by priority dates:
- Fall Priority Date – April 15
- Spring Priority Date – November 1
- Summer Priority Date – April 1
Late applications will be processed but aid may not be ready by the beginning of the semester.
- SLCC OFAS reviews the information and corrects FAFSA data, if necessary.
- Corrections will be processed through the federal processor
- Student waits for information to be reviewed
- May take 2-6 weeks depending on the number of files being reviewed
- SLCC OFAS determines eligibility for aid and sends an award notification email.
- Monitor your SLCC email account for emails from the OFAS.
- Student also reviews award notification email and complete all requirements for awards they wish to accept.
- Loans require acceptance, loan entrance counseling, and a promissory note
- SLCC Promise requires acceptance.
- Student may set up direct deposit refunds in SLCCPay+, which is the fastest refund option. If you do not set up direct deposit, your requested funds will be by check to your current mailing address.
- SLCC OFAS transfers aid to the Cashiers Office about 5 working days before the semester starts.
- Students must be enrolled, making progress and meet all aid requirements
- If the amount of your aid exceeds your bill, you will be eligible for a refund.
Incoming Freshmen Slcc Scholarships
Incoming Freshmen Scholarships are for students who will be graduating from high school or earning a GED in 2020. (2019 awards have already been made), or for those who have not previously taken college courses and will not be taking a college course on campus until Fall 2020 (returned missionaries, new adult learners, etc).
Also note that applications will be open: November 15, 2019 – February 1, 2020. However, to apply, please follow the “How to Apply” instructions on the Slcc scholarship application link to take advantage of all SLCC Scholarship opportunities.
Funded by the SLCC Foundation, this grant is awarded primarily on the basis of academic excellence. Also, with a cumulative minimum rate of 3.8 in high school, taking into account also leadership and community service and honoring awards. The choice is very competitive.
However, Full-time students (12 credit hours) must be enrolled in each semester to receive this grant. This grant is renewable for a second year if the student maintains a minimum of 3.7 GPA in SLCC. This grant covers tuition, basic student fees and $ 350 per book per semester.
HONORS AT ENTRANCE
This exemption is granted for one year at the cumulative GPA (minimum 3.5). Test results are however not taken into account. Students must enroll at least 3/4 times (9 credit hours) per semester to receive this waiver of tuition fees. Recipients must be residents of Utah or permanent residents who can prove their legal status. This tuition exemption covers only the cost of education. Student and course fees will be student responsibility.
FOUNDATION FRESHMEN GENERAL
Funded by C. Scott & Dorothy E. Watkins Family Foundation, this one-year award is based on the cumulative secondary school (minimum 3.0) and the quality of articles required for the general application. Students must enroll at least half the time (6 credit hours) per semester to receive this grant. This grant also covers tuition and basic student fees.
Funded by the Abraham Markosian Scholarship Endowment, this award is designed for graduates from a Utah Alternative High School (Horizonte, Valley, Granite Peaks, Entrada, etc.). It is also based on grades received mainly during the final year of high school (minimum GPA of 2.0). Students must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours) to receive this scholarship. Renewable for a second year if students maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA. This Slcc scholarship also covers tuition and basic student fees.
The teacher recruitment grant is designed to support various high school graduates from the Caniz, Davis, Granit, Jordan and Salt Lake schools who wish to become teachers. The goal of the teacher recruitment grant is to increase the ethnic diversity of teachers in Wasatch Front schools. Beneficiaries will be encouraged to return to their communities as leaders and mentors for future generations after completing their education.
However, the scholarship will cover the cost of full-time tuition (provided by Salt Lake Community College), and up to $500.00 per year for books and fees (provided by the school districts). Each scholarship will be renewable for a second year at Salt Lake Community College, provided the student meets all necessary requirements.
STUDENT INVOLVEMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Salt Lake Community College has a variety of participation opportunities to help you develop your leadership skills on campus and in the community. With awards ranging from $2,000 to $4,000 per year, these scholarships are awarded based on leadership experience in high school and/or community activities (grades 10-12), with some attention paid to academic performance.
However, recipients of these 30+ awards will participate in one of the following four programs:
- Presidential Leadership (Student Life & Leadership board members)
- Peer Action Leaders (Department related & college-wide projects & activities)
- SLICE: Student Leaders in Civic Engagement (AmeriCorps service learning opportunities)
- Ambassadors (Student recruitment with Admissions Office).
Positions require students to commit approximately 10 hours weekly to their Student Involvement responsibilities. Some summer training, including a required retreat in August, is also required of students among other opportunities throughout the year. These scholarships require full-time enrollment (12 hours or more) each semester, with the opportunity to be involved for two full years. Applicants must have a 2.5 GPA.
CONTINUING STUDENT OF SLCC SCHOLARSHIPS
Continuing Student Scholarships are typically for those who are currently enrolled at SLCC, are transfer students, or are returning to college. There are over 80 scholarship opportunities at SLCC University, but below you will find highlights of just a few. Pay close attention to when the applications are open for the semesters you’re interested in applying.
CONTINUING STUDENT TUITION WAIVER
This exemption is granted for one year for current students at SLCC University or for students who have completed at least 9 hours of university credit. Awards based on a cumulative rate calculated is calculated using the cumulative rate collectors (at least 3.5) and the number of credits obtained or transferred from the autumn of the previous students.
This must record at least 3/4 of the time (9 credit hours) each semester to receive the exemption from registration. Recipients must be residents of Utah or permanent residents who can prove their legal status. This tuition exemption covers only the cost of education. Student and course fees will be student responsibility.
The Bruin Dreams grant is a special grant thanks to generous donations from faculty, staff, students and members of the Salt Lake community who dedicates their efforts to the educational success of unregistered students. Also, Six to twelve prizes will be award to a group of selected students, with prizes ranging from $400 to $800 depending on the credit burden.
The FJM Impact Fund is to support SLCC students who want to improve and improve their lives and careers. Also, FJ believes that everyone should have the opportunity to attend school without incurring a heavy financial burden. All students seeking college degrees (including FJ Management, Big West Oil, Maverik, Crystal Inns, and TAB Bank) are encouraged.
However, Students must be at least half time (6 credit hours) each semester to receive this scholarship. Applicants must also agree to meet with an academic advisor to create a degree plan leading to the completion of a credit-bearing associate’s degree program at SLCC. Continuing SLCC students must have a 3.0 GPA, while incoming freshman will have at least of minimum 3.5 GPA from high school.
PEPSI GENERATION EXCELLENCE CASH AWARD
This Slcc scholarship awards one semester to existing SLCC University students or transfer students who complete at least 12 hours of university credit or 25% SAT. This grant can only receive once during the SLCC registration. If not selected, you can submit a new request for each semester. These awards also range from $300 to $500 depending on the credit burden.
PRESIDENTIAL LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP
The Presidential Leadership Scholarship is a two-year program that includes:
- Tuition and student fee waiver
- $200 book allowance per year
The scholarship is also awarded on the basis of leadership experience in high school and/or community activities. Recipients of this award must be involved in SLCC’s Student Life and Leadership. Activities and training begin in June and continue throughout the academic year.
- full-time enrollment of 12 credits or more
- 10 hours per week in the office
- a continuing 3.0 GPA
- service involvement
CURTIS YOUNGMAN SCHOLARSHIP
After 37 years of teaching, directing and touching the lives of students at Salt Lake Community College, Curtis Youngman retired. The world is now short, a valuable and passionate teacher. Those who have benefited from Curtis’ guide are responsible for filling this gap. Also, they will create a fellowship on behalf of Curtis to continue to nurture. And to also support and encourage those who have chosen to pursue a career in education so that they continue the spirit and passion of Curtis in teaching and influencing the lives of future generations.
Slcc University Degree
- POSTSECONDARY AWARD, CERTIFICATE, OR DIPLOMA (LESS THAN 1 ACADEMIC YEAR)
- POSTSECONDARY AWARD, CERTIFICATE, OR DIPLOMA (AT LEAST 1 BUT LESS THAN 2 ACADEMIC YEARS)
- ASSOCIATE’S DEGREE
Slcc University Majors
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science
- Airframe Mechanics and Aircraft Maintenance Technology/Technician
- Airline/Commercial/Professional Pilot and Flight Crew
- Animation, Interactive Technology, Video Graphics and Special Effects
- Architectural Drafting and Architectural CAD/CADD
- Autobody/Collision and Repair Technology/Technician
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician
- Biology Technician/Biotechnology Laboratory Technician
- Biology/Biological Sciences
- Building/Construction Site Management/Manager
- Business Administration and Management
- Cabinetmaking and Millwork
- Chemical Technology/Technician
- Civil Drafting and Civil Engineering CAD/CADD
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer Engineering Technology/Technician
- The Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Machinist Technology/CNC Machinist
- Computer Science
- The Computer Software and Media Applications
- Computer Support Specialist
- The Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies
- Culinary Arts/Chef Training
- Dental Hygiene/Hygienist
- Design and Visual Communications
- Diesel Mechanics Technology/Technician
- Digital Arts
- Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia
- Drafting and Design Technology/Technician
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician
- Energy Management and Systems Technology/Technician
- English Language and Literature
- Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies
- Fashion/Apparel Design
- Funeral Service and Mortuary Science
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services
- General Studies
- Geographic Information Science and Cartography
- Geology/Earth Science
- Health Information/Medical Records Technology/Technician
- The Health Professions and Related Programs
- Health Services/Allied Health/Health Sciences
- The Health Unit Coordinator/Ward Clerk
- Heating, air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration Maintenance Technology/Technician
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Humanities/Humanistic Studies
- Industrial Electronics Technology/Technician
- Industrial Radiologic Technology/Technician
- Instrumentation Technology/Technician
- Interior Design
- International/Global Studies
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal
- Machine Shop Technology/Assistant
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology/Technician
- Marketing/Marketing Management
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Technology/Technician
- Medical Insurance Specialist/Medical Biller
- Medical Office Management/Administration
- The Medical/Clinical Assistant
- Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Technology/Technician
- Physical Fitness Technician
- Physical Therapy Technician/Assistant
- Plumbing Technology/Plumber
- Political Science and Government
- Prepress/Desktop Publishing and Digital Imaging Design
Slcc Admission Requirements
What are the requirements for admission to Salt Lake Community College and what considerations affect admission decisions?
|Test Scores||Not applicable|
|High School GPA||Not applicable|
|High School Class Rank||Not applicable|
|Completion of the College Preparatory Program||Not applicable|
|Demonstration of Competencies||Not applicable|
|Credit for Life Experiences|
- Illinois State University Tuition: Acceptance rate, Scholarships & Cost of Living(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Study Abroad in Colombia: Cost Of Living, Tuition & Top Universities…(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Lee University Tuition: Scholarships and Cost of Living(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Study Abroad In Bulgaria: Cost Of Living, Tuition Fees, and Top 10 Universities
- Ashford University Review: Tuition, Programs, Admission Requirements & Scholarships
- Rowan University Tuition: Scholarships, Acceptance Rate & Cost of Living
- Quest University Scholarship for International Students, 2019-2020
- Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University Abdul kalam scholarship 2019-2020
- University Of Montana: Tuition fees, Cost of Living & Scholarships
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Seeking to study in Slcc University. Check out the Salt Lake community college Tuition/Slcc tuition: Acceptance, Slcc Scholarships & Cost of Living. APPLY