On the West Coast of South Africa, the Saldanha Bay Municipality forms a Portion of This West Coast District Municipality. The Municipality covers an area in excess of 2, 000 square km, with a coastline of over 230 km. Saldanha has Africa’s biggest natural interface.
The head office is situated in Vredenburg, whilst satellite offices can be found at Paternoster; Langebaan; St Helena Bay; Hopefield and Saldanha.
The Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary South Africa is available for students who are pursuing a degree in any of the fields of
- Financial Accounting as a major subject (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Internal Auditing (National Diploma)
- Surveying (National Diploma)
The Scholarship is hosted in South Africa. If you are an international student and you desire to study in South Africa. Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in South Africa
The Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary South Africa will offer a benefit that amounts to the approximate value of R70 000 per student. First-year students may apply – the bursary will be extended to a maximum of 3 years, should students follow the bursary condition.
Once students have successfully completed their studies, they will be required to enroll in the Saldanha Bay Municipality internship program.
The Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary South Africa is available for students from South Africa. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offers available for students is four.
Eligibility for Scholarship
Applicants should meet the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please notice that failure to meet each of the prerequisites will probably result in an application not being considered):
- must be a South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- have studied Mathematics in Matric (not Mathematical Literacy)
- Achieved a minimum average of 60% in Matric or a minimum average of 50% with a minimum average of 60% for Mathematics
- Have been accepted to study full-time towards one of the aforementioned qualifications
- Have been accepted/ provisionally accepted to study at an accredited University or a University of Technology in South Africa
- Preference will be given to students whose parents live within the municipal area of the Municipality. Partial preference will also be given to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and those with disabilities
Download and complete the Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, you may collect an application form at the Saldanha Bay Municipality Human Resources Management office (12 Main Road, Vredenburg, 7380)
(from 08:00 to 16:30, Monday to Friday)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results (certified copy)
- Matric September results (certified copy)
- Matric final results (certified copy)
- University acceptance or provisional acceptance letter (send as soon as received)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (payslips if employed, bank statements if unemployed)
- Parent/ guardian proof of address
- ID documents of dependents on family income (certified copies)
- Affidavit of guardianship if not living with parents
- Motivational letter (one 2 topics: what motivates you to study in your chosen field, why do you think you should receive a bursary – max 1000 words)
Applications must be posted to:
Human Resource Services
Private Bag X12
For any questions associated with the bursary programme, then please get with the Saldanha Bay Municipality right:
Tel: 022 701 7092 / / 022 701 6895
Fax: 022 715 1518
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for an application for the bursary is January 2020 (at 12:00).
(Applications submitted following this date won’t be accepted — please apply prior to the final date to make sure your application is contemplated.)
We also recommend the following available scholarships