The Government of New South Wales is inviting applications for the Rural Undergraduate Scholarships.
Scholarships are available for people from rural NSW who are undertaking a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery degree in 2019.
About the Rural Undergraduate Scholarships
The Government of New South Wales, also referred to as the New South Wales Government or NSW Government, is the Australian state democratic administrative authority of New South Wales, in Australia.
The awarding of scholarships is a competitive process, since the number awarded is subject to funds being available.
Preference will be given to applicants living in locations with the greatest workforce needs, which may change from year to year.
Rural Undergraduate Scholarships are available for pursuing a bachelor degree programme.
Scholarships are awarded in the field of Nursing or Midwifery.
The Rural Undergraduate Scholarships offer up to $5,000 to cover tuition fees and living expenses.
Place of Study:
Participants under this scholarship will study in universities across the country Australia.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning e-book (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship e-book.Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship e-book for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships 2019-2020
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
To be counted eligible for the Rural Undergraduate Scholarships;
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident living in NSW
- You will you be enrolled in an Australian Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery degree in 2019
- The candidate should have you lived in a rural location (as defined for the purposes of these scholarships) in NSW for more than five years, within the last ten years
- You must be intending to practice in a rural location as a registered nurse or midwife when you complete your studies
- If successful, you will be willing to participate in an evaluation or telephone survey about the scholarship
Australian students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply for the Rural Undergraduate Scholarships:
Applications for the Rural Undergraduate Scholarships must be submitted online. Hand-written applications or applications received by any other means (eg. post or email) will not be processed. Supporting documents include
a) Official confirmation of your enrolment in an Australian undergraduate nursing or midwifery course in 2019 (pdf file less than 500KB).
This document must include:
- The name of the course
- The year of study and a list of the subjects you have enrolled in for 2019.
Please note: If your enrolment confirmation is unavailable at the time of application for the Rural Undergraduate Scholarships, please provide official confirmation of your application for entry into an undergraduate nursing or midwifery course.
As soon as available, please email your enrolment confirmation to [email protected] that your application can be progressed.
Generic information about course subjects will not be accepted. All enrolment confirmation must be received by March 3, 2019.
b) Letter of Support (docx file less than 500KB)
You must include a letter, from a person who knows you, which reflects your rural background, your character and desire to practice nursing or midwifery in a rural setting in the future. An appropriate person could be:
- Most recent employer
- High school principal or senior teacher
- A health professional or minister of religion who knows you
- An office bearer in a community or sporting organisation that you are involved in
The applications deadline for the Rural Undergraduate Scholarships is January 18, 2019.