The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) in collaboration with the MasterCard Foundation, Gulu University, and Egerton University is offering scholarships to enhance the application of science, technology, business, and innovation for rural agriculture.
In this post, you will be guided with full detailed information about the RUFORUM MasterCard Undergraduate and Masters Scholarships for African Students on how to apply, its benefit, eligibility, and deadline.
- ABOUT THE SPONSOR:
- What You Need To Know About RUFORUM MasterCard Undergraduate and Masters Scholarships
- We Also Recommend
ABOUT THE SPONSOR:
The Mastercard Foundation has partnered with the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), a network of 85 universities in 35 African countries. The partnership focuses on ‘Transforming African Agricultural Universities to meaningfully contribute to Africa’s growth and development’.
The aim of the partnership is to transform African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation.
Under this partnership, 110 Bachelor and 110 Master scholarships will be provided over a period of eight years. The scholarship target; academically deserving yet economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities and those coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa. The scholarships are tenable at Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda.
What You Need To Know About RUFORUM MasterCard Undergraduate and Masters Scholarships
Level/Field of Study
This scholarship is for pursuing Undergraduate and master’s studies. The RUFORUM Technical Committee (RTC) has identified the following priority programs for the academic year 2020-2021 as eligible for application and to be supported: this may change for the subsequent year do well to see the official website to see if there is an update
These are academic programmes for the academic year 2020-2021 at Gulu University;
1. Bachelor of Science in Agri-Entrepreneurship and Communication Management
2. Bachelor of Science in Food and Agribusiness
3. Master of Science in Food Security and Community Nutrition
4. Master of Science in Agri-Enterprises Development
The scholarships are taken in Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda.
This scholarship is open to all African countries but For the academic year 2020, 45 Bachelor and 15 Master scholarships are available of which 70% will be for Kenya and Uganda nationals. For Bachelor and Master scholarships, 60% and 50% will be awarded to female applicants, respectively
RUFORUM MasterCard Undergraduate and Masters Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students
Who Is Eligible For The RUFORUM MasterCard Undergraduate and Masters Scholarships
- This scholarship opportunity is open to African students of all races, color, dissent and who in particular are economically disadvantaged and those coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa.
- The applicant has to be in a position to qualify for admission into undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs at Gulu University and/or Egerton University as listed above.
- Students already having a scholarship of any kind are not eligible to benefit this scholarship opportunity, anyone, with a double scholarship if found will automatically be discontinued.
Females are particularly encouraged to apply
How to Apply For RUFORUM MasterCard Undergraduate and Masters Scholarships
Applicants should obtain application forms for both the scholarships and admission from the University of choice. Applicants shall only apply to one university of choice. Application forms can also be downloaded from the Scholarship Webpage link below.
Applications can be submitted in hard copy or by email attachment to the University of choice. Applications (PDF) by email attachment should not be more than 1 MB for the two file attachment (university admission and scholarship application).
The deadline to apply for the 2020/2021 academic year for The MasterCardfdn@RUFORUM Scholarships is Friday, 16th March annually at 17:00 Hours (GMT+3). The Scholarship is an annual Scholarship. Watch for next year’s Edition on January as Kick off
Application Deadline: 31st March annually at 17:00 Hours (GMT+3).
For More Information:
We Also Recommend
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- Dalhousie University Master and Ph.D. Scholarship – Canada
- List of Ethiopian Scholarships To Study Abroad | Updated
- Cheapest Universities in Malaysia, Tuition Fees, & Visa Requirements
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIP FOR KENYA
- Study in Nigeria: Top 10 Best Agricultural Universities in Nigeria | Updated
- 5 Most Affordable Universities in China for International Students
- Top 10 Most Popular and Cheapest Boarding Schools in The World
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Accountancy Fellowship
- Fully Funded: Master Degree in Italy
- (Undergraduate & Masters) MasterCard Scholarship at the University of Pretoria for African Students
- American University of Beirut Graduate Scholarship in Health Science
- Strathmore University Masters Scholarships in Kenya
- IT Fellowship Program at the University of Liechtenstein
- Government Of Hungary Scholarship [APPLY NOW]
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.