Thai students are currently been invited to hurry and apply for the ROYAL THAI GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2019, only applications from students who have complied with the eligibility criteria will be considered and any incomplete scholarship application will lead to disqualification.
In Thailand, both private and government sectors have contributed to supporting students who have shown great leadership potentials and outstanding academic records but are financially changed to acquire education through scholarships.
The number of students benefiting from this scholarship has been on the increase over the years which marks a significant rate of expansion. Even International students are also been Lured to Thailand with mouth-watering scholarship offers in recent times.
- Why should I Apply for Royal Thai Scholarship?
- King’s scholarships
- Royal Thai Government scholarships for non-specific agencies
- Royal Thai Government scholarship allocated upon agencies’ requirement
- Royal Thai Scholarships Details
- level & Field of Study:
- Host Nationality:
- Eligible Nationality:
- How Much is the Royal Thai Scholarship?
- Royal Thai Scholarship Requirements
Why should I Apply for Royal Thai Scholarship?
The Government of Thailand has established the Royal Thai Government Scholarship Program to support Thai students enrolled in higher education programs outside Thailand. Funding will be provided for 4 years in the case of Bachelor´s degree students, 2 years for Master´s degree students and 3 years for Ph.D. students. Depending on the type of grant awarded, recipients may be contractually obliged to work for the Thai government upon returning from abroad.
There are two main types of scholarships granted by OCSC. One is King’s scholarships and Royal Thai Government scholarship for non-specific agencies. The other is the Royal Thai Government scholarship allocated upon agencies’ requirements
There are 9 scholarships granted each fiscal year. The recipients have no obligations to come back and work for government agencies. On the other hand, the recipients are required to work anywhere in Thailand regardless of what kind of organization.
Royal Thai Government scholarships for non-specific agencies
Applicants must be Thai civil servants. The recipients have an obligation to come back and work for the government agencies two times of the study period. If they could not work for the government, scholars have to pay back three times of the money sponsored by the government
Royal Thai Government scholarship allocated upon agencies’ requirement
Applicants must be Thai civil servants. The recipients have an obligation to come back and work for the identified government agencies two times of the study period. If they could not work for those agencies, scholars have to pay back three times of the money sponsored by the government
The scholarships granted by OCSC offer different levels of education. There are also general different qualifications defined for each group divided according to the obtained degree level.
Royal Thai Scholarships Details
The Royal Thai government scholarship scheme has been providing funds to the student studying at both undergraduate and masters degree and Ph.D. level. Actually, this is more like a grant research award scheme to aid students financially through their academic training in Thailand.
level & Field of Study:
This scholarship is to be taken in Thailand.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in Thailand, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in Thailand. Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
Thai students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program. Aside from these, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
How Much is the Royal Thai Scholarship?
The scholarships granted by OCSC offer financial benefits including tuition fee (paid in full), monthly allowances (the amount depending on location), educational tools such as books, computers, etc.. Health insurance (paid in full), and miscellaneous expenses such as things needed to be prepared before leaving for study. Royal Thai Government scholarships in 2019 have no specific offers.
Royal Thai Scholarship Requirements
- For Thai nationals holde of a Bachelor’s degree, candidates must not be over 20.
- For a Master’s degree, candidates must not be over 35.
- For a Ph.D., candidates must not be over 40. All subjects of studies are covered.
- Good level in English-TOEFL must be over 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based), IELTS-up to 6.0. For scholarship holders choosing to study in non-English speaking countries like France or Germany, OCSC offers also the supplemental allowance for language training up to one year.
Interested persons are encouraged to continue their search on the website of OCSC: http://scholarship.ocsc.go.th or http://www.ocsc.go.th.
The selection is based upon the aptitude criteria of candidates such as basic knowledge required for the field of study on their request, English competency, professional experiences, emotion, environmental adaptation, wisdom, personality by means of interview and/ or Assessment Centers (multiple tests).
Only outstanding candidates with a good score of test English will be selected for further step of selection (Assessment Centers)
Any candidates getting over 70 scores can be successful in receiving this scholarship.
The Office of the Civil Service Commission
Education and Training Abroad Services
59 Phitsanulok Road, Chitrada Sub-district, Dusit
Bangkok 10300 Thailand
Tel : (662) 281-4973, 628-6202 or 281-8479, 281-3333 Ext : 2131
E-mail: [email protected]
Updates on application deadline for this scholarship will b communicated as soon as it is available, please stay tuned.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- Finland Government Scholarships for International Students
- Finland Government Scholarships for International Students 2020 APPLY
- International Finland Government Scholarships for Students 2020
- 2020 Mexican Government Foreign Students Scholarship Program
- Funded Finnish Government Scholarship for Doctoral level studies & research in Finland 2020
- Fully Funded MBA Scholarships School at Peking University, China
- Chinese Government Scholarships For International students At Chinese University 2020
- 2019 Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students
- Dalian University of Technology DUT CSC Scholarship, China, 2020
- Chongqing University Fully Funded Chinese Government Scholarship Program in China, 2020
If you are Thai citizen and wish to study abroad, Check out and Apply for Royal Thai Government Scholarship Program 2019 and receive a tuition-free studies