Most times, pursuing a post-graduate program is always threatened by lack of funds.The Rotary Foundation is now accepting applications for the Rotary Graduate Scholarship Program. This scholarship is for students from outside the UK (low and middle-income nationals) who intend to enroll in a postgraduate study program in District 1090.
The Rotary Scholarship Program is one of the largest privately funded scholarship programs in the world. In 2017, Rotary International celebrated 70 years of its scholarship program.
The Rotary Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports Rotary International in its quest for global understanding and peace through international humanitarian, educational, and cultural exchange programs.
The mission of The Rotary Foundation is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty. The Foundation also leads the charge on worldwide Rotary campaigns such as eradicating polio and promoting peace.
During the past 100 years, the Foundation has spent $3 billion on life-changing, sustainable projects.
What You Need To Know About The Rotary Foundation scholarships
LEVEL / FIELD OF SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship is open for the graduate degree program awarded either in the area of Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution or Economic and Community.
This scholarship is to be taken in USA. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the united state of America, check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States of America.
Scholarships are available to students in low- and middle-income countries. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Candidates have the opportunity to earn $30,000
Rotary Foundation scholarships Eligibility
This scholarship is for students from outside the UK, who are planning to take up a place on a graduate course within District 1090. To be eligible:
- Applicants must come from a low- or middle-income country (a country) as defined by the UK Government’s Department of International Development.
- Applicants must have received a place in the 2020/21 academic year or expect to receive a post-graduate course. Applicants should expect an offer by April 2020
- The planned university course must fit either under Rotary’s first Areas of Focus “Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution” or the sixth Area of Focus “Economic and Community Development”.
- Candidates must study at a Rotary University District 1090. They cover the universities of Brunel, Bucks New, Oxford, Oxford Brookes and Reading.
- Applicants must intend to begin a new course in the 2020/21 academic year, i.e this scholarship will not be awarded to a student who begins the second year of a graduate course.
- Rotarians cannot apply. Applicants may not be related to a Rotarian (partner, child or grandchild of a current Rotarian or Rotarian in the last three years). Scholarships are funded by global grants, which is generally considered that Rotarians and their families cannot receive global grants.
Rotary Foundation scholarships Application procedure:
- This is a two-step application process.
- This scholarship is awarded by the Rotary Foundation Central Offices in the United States, but must first be approved by the Rotary District 1090.
- Applicants must complete the online application form and submit by March 31 by 5:00 pm.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must submit an online application via the link provided: http://rotaryscholars1090.org/
Application Deadline: 31st March