Most times, pursuing a post-graduate program is always threatened by the lack of funds. The Rotary Foundation is now accepting applications for the Rotary Graduate Scholarship Program. This scholarship is for students from outside the UK (low and middle-income nationals) who intend to enroll in a postgraduate study program in District 1090.
The Rotary Scholarship Program is one of the largest privately funded scholarship programs in the world. In 2017, Rotary International celebrated 70 years of its scholarship program.
The Rotary Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports Rotary International in its quest for global understanding and peace through international humanitarian, educational, and cultural exchange programs.
The mission of The Rotary Foundation is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty. The Foundation also leads the charge on worldwide Rotary campaigns such as eradicating polio and promoting peace.
During the past 100 years, the Foundation has spent $3 billion on life-changing, sustainable projects.
LEVEL / FIELD OF SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship is open for the graduate degree program awarded either in the area of Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution or Economic and Community, disease prevention and treatment, water and sanitation, maternal and child health, basic education and literacy, and economic and community development.
This scholarship is to be taken in the USA.
The grant /scholarship is only taken in Reading University and Brunel University.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the united state of America, check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States of America.
Scholarships are available to students in low- and middle-income countries.
Candidates have the opportunity to earn $30,000
Rotary Foundation scholarships Eligibility
This scholarship is for students from outside the UK, who are planning to take up a place on a graduate course within District 1090. To be eligible:
- Applicants must come from a low- or middle-income country (a country) as defined by the UK Government’s Department of International Development.
- Applicants must have received a place in the 2020/21 academic year or expect to receive a post-graduate course. Applicants should expect an offer by April 2020
- The planned university course must fit either under Rotary’s first Areas of Focus “Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution” or the sixth Area of Focus “Economic and Community Development”.
- Candidates must study at a Rotary University District 1090. They cover the universities of Brunel, Bucks New, Oxford, Oxford Brookes, and Reading.
- Applicants must intend to begin a new course in the 2020/21 academic year, i.e this scholarship will not be awarded to a student who begins the second year of a graduate course.
- Rotarians cannot apply. Applicants may not be related to a Rotarian (partner, child or grandchild of a current Rotarian or Rotarian in the last three years). Scholarships are funded by global grants, which is generally considered that Rotarians and their families cannot receive global grants.
Rotary Foundation scholarships Eligibility Criteria
We will accept applications from candidates who fit the criteria below and who have been offered places to study on one of the following one-year full-time masters courses starting September/October 2020:
• MSc in Environmental Pollution
• MSc in Environmental Management
We expect the course and the students’ careers & community work to fit within the Water and Sanitation area of focus.
• MSc in Anthropology of Childhood, Youth and Education
• MSc in Anthropology of International Development and Humanitarian Assistance
• MA in Children, Youth and International Development
• MSc in Water Engineering
• MSc in Public Health and Health Promotion
These courses could fit any of our six areas of focus. Applicants are asked to explain which area of focus their study, careers and community work fit best.
Rotary Foundation scholarships Application procedure:
- This is a two-step application process.
- This scholarship is awarded by the Rotary Foundation Central Offices in the United States, but must first be approved by the Rotary District 1090.
- Applicants must complete the online application form and submit by March 31 by 5:00 pm.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must submit an online application via the link provided: http://rotaryscholars1090.org/
Application Deadline: 31st March
Rotary club has provided this great opportunity for you.
This is good news for non-Rotarians.
Do apply before the deadline to avoid been rejected.
Best of luck!
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- Young Farmers Scholarship Programme in Australia
- Warren Buffett Scholarship
- Student Financial Aid in the United States
- US and French Scientists, NIDA Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students 2019 at Robert Gordon University
- River Valley Cooperative Agriculture Scholarship in USA
- Foster Care-to-Success Scholarships
- Top 10 Turkey Scholarships for Pakistani Students
- Apply: VLIR-UOS Scholarship for Training and Masters Program in Belgium
- Top 15 Turkey Scholarships for Ethiopian Students
- DCU Executive MBA Ambition Scholarships in Ireland
- GAANN Fellowship at Ohio State University, USA
- Dell Scholarships In USA