If you are a high school senior in the United States and desire to pursue your academic dreams tuition-free, here is a golden opportunity for you! The Ronald McDonald House Scholarships for Students in US will provide you $2,000 to subsidize your cost of education in Universities in the USA in 2020.
The Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Scholars Scholarship Program, gives $250,000 in scholarships annually to eligible high school seniors who reside and attend school in the 19 county/four state RMHC service area to bright students who desire a college education and are eligible according to criteria based on academic performance, financial need and community service.
This scholarship is a one-year scholarship which can be used at any regionally accredited, non-proprietary, technical, community or four-year college/university. Applications for the 2020 RMHC Scholars Scholarship Program are currently open.
Our 19 eligible county/four state areas are:
Alabama (zip code specific), North Carolina, Cherokee County, Tennessee, Georgia, Jackson County [zip code 35772] and Jackson County [zip code 35740], Catoosa, Chattanooga, Dade, Murray, Walker and Whitfield counties, Bledsoe, Bradley, Hamilton, Marion, McMinn, Meigs, Monroe, Polk, Rhea, and Sequatchie counties
For nearly 30 years, RMHC has invested annually in the young people in U.S communities by helping to pave the way toward higher education for the brightest and most deserving students.
RMHC have awarded more than $7 million in funds to help ease the financial burden of a college education for nearly 3,500 scholarship recipients and their families.
On a global level, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) has enjoyed tremendous growth, with opportunities to extend its reach and impact on children’s health across the world.
The scholarship is available for high school seniors who wish to pursue their college studies in any field of study in any college or university in any of the 19 listed counties in United States
The Ronald McDonald House Scholarship is taken and hosted in the United States. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States
Ronald McDonald House Scholarship Amounts may vary, but most scholarships are $2,000 for the academic year. Awards may only be applied to tuition, fees, room and board and books.
The Ronald McDonald House Scholarship, 2020 is available for legal students who are citizens of the United States. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offer for Ronald McDonald House Scholarships. Its selection criteria is strictly based on merit.
Eligibility for Scholarship
Interested applicants for Ronald McDonald House Scholarships must meet the following Minimum Eligibility Criteria;
- Must be a United States citizen or legal
- Must be a 2019 graduating high school senior, under the age of 21
- Must have at least a 2.7 cumulative grade point average
- Must have demonstrated financial need
- Plan to attend a regionally accredited, non-proprietary, technical, community or four-year college/university the fall following their graduation.
- Recipients must attend an accredited post-secondary educational institution in the fall of 2020 as a full-time student (12 credit hours or more/semester).
The total award amount is sent in August directly to the college or institution, and are not paid or reimbursed to the student. It is up to the recipient to decide how funds should be divided over the fall and spring semesters.
Recipients must submit a complete application with all required documents, including verification of enrollment and full-time status before checks are sent.
Scholarship Application Procedures
Applications are available online from the Ronald McDonald House Scholarships
To apply, download an application at www.rmhc.org or request one from a local McDonald’s restaurant.
Students are selected and awards are distributed based on their demonstrated academic achievement, financial need, community involvement, and work ethic.
The selection committee will also look at the student’s written personal statement which is a required part of the completed application. This is the most important piece of the student’s application to help distinguish them from other applicants.
The following documents are required:
- The applicant’s certified grades, including cumulative GPA and courses taken.
- A personal statement from the applicant, no more than 500-1000 words that answers the following: What does family mean to you?
Applications for the 2020 RMHC Scholars Scholarship Program will close on January 23, 2020. Applicants who are graduating high school seniors in the Chattanooga area will be notified of their scholarship award status in May-June 2020.
For More Information:
For other questions about the application process, please email Jane Kaylor at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga – [email protected] and use the subject line: RMHC Scholars. Students can apply at the website below starting October 2020 https://rmhcsc.org/scholarships
Similar Scholarships provided by the RMHC include;
- The RMHC Hispanic American Commitment to Educational Resources (HACER) scholarship: HACER awards scholarships to Southland Hispanic high school seniors as well as the RMHC African American Future Achievers scholarship given to Southern California African – Americans high school seniors who plan to have an impact in their communities.
- Barbara Henoch Scholarship: Active Ronald McDonald House of Rochester, Minnesota volunteers with more than 100 hours of service are eligible for the Barbara Henoch Scholarship. Barbara Henoch has been a volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House for more than 10 years.
- RMHC of Western Wisconsin and Southeastern Minnesota is proud to provide scholarships for students to continue their education, as a part of the charity’s ongoing commitment to education and brighter futures.
To be eligible to apply, prospective students must reside in one of the following 13 counties where the scholarship will take place: Goodhue County in Minnesota, St. Croix, Sawyer, Washburn, Polk, Rusk, Barron, Pierce, Dunn, Trempealeau, Iowa, Richland and Crawford Counties in Wisconsin.
High School Seniors who are less than 21 years of age currently enrolled and will be attending a two year or four year school in the upcoming academic years may apply.
Students are selected and the awards are distributed based on their demonstrated academic achievement, financial need, community involvement, and work ethic.
The selection committee will also look at the student’s written personal statement which is a required part of the completed application. This is the most important piece of the student’s application to help distinguish them from other applicants
- The RMHC also has the Asia Scholarship Program that honors high school seniors of Asian Pacific descent with both a scholarship as well have a $500 honorarium to a community‐based organization of the students’ choice.
- Barbara Soifer Scholarship: Barb Soifer’s career in McDonald’s and Ronald McDonald House Charities spanned more than 30 years. Barb was a strong supporter of the Ronald McDonald House of Rochester, Minnesota. She was devoted to her profession, her community and, most of all, her family.
Award: $1,000 1st year, $500 2nd year
Next Application Deadline: June 14, 2020
- Rickee Henoch Scholarship: Rickee Henoch’s scholarship has supported former guests of the Ronald McDonald House of Rochester, Minnesota for over 15 years.
Next Application Deadline: June 14, 20209
- The Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Los Angeles County: Prospective recipients must demonstrate their academic excellence, leadership and community service. All students are encouraged to apply to this scholarship.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
As a high school student aspiring to enter college, you can get a scholarship worth up to $2,000 from the Ronald McDonald House Scholarships for Students in US, 2019. Apply Now!