Romanian Government Scholarships 2017- 2018 for International Students
Deadline: depends on specific diplomatic mission
Open to: citizens of non EU countries
Scholarship: consists of tuition waivers, free accommodation and financial support
Romanian Government offers 85 scholarships for under- and post-graduate studies in Romania. Priority will be given to the candidates applying for: political and administrative sciences, education studies, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural studies, veterinary medicine, architecture, music, arts. The scholarships are granted for three levels of study:
- For the first cycle (licenta): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalent of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta);
- For the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation;
- For the 3rd cycle (doctorate) this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis.
In order to promote Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of National Education has decided that the beneficiaries of the scholarships should study only in the Romanian language. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language. The students who declare that they know already Romanian language have to pass a language test organized by the competent higher education institutions.
The scholarships are open to citizens of non EU countries (irrespective of their country of residence). Priority is given to citizens from non EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements.
The scholarship consists of:
- Free-of-charge tuition;
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose);
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing:
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of EUR 65 per month, for the under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of EUR 75 per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle,
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of EUR 85 per month, for post graduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to support personally any other additional expenses.
How to apply?
To get all the necessary information about the scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrolment calendar) and to submit their application files, the candidates should apply directly to:
- The Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin or of residence;
- The diplomatic mission of candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest.
Applications files should contain documents in English or French language. The deadline for submitting the application files is established by each diplomatic mission. The candidate should enquire at the diplomatic mission about the enrolment calendar, starting with 2 December 2016. Foreign diplomatic missions accredited to Bucharest must send the application files by15 March 2017, at the latest.
For more information please visit the .