Roberts Wesleyan College is one of the prestigious Christian colleges in New York city that started in 1869.
The college even since it was established has had it focus on preparing thoughtful, spiritually mature, service-oriented people who will help transform society.
This article will cover the Roberts Wesleyan College Admission process, Programs, Tuition, Ranking, and scholarships in available 2021.
Meanwhile, see the table of content here for an overview of what to expect in this article.
- About Roberts Wesleyan College
- Why You Should Study at Robert Wesleyan College
- What is Roberts Wesleyan College Admission Process Like?
- What are the available Programs at the Roberts Wesleyan College?
- For Graduate Degree programs
- Graduate Programs
- Nursing Leadership and Administration Courses
- Nursing Education Courses
- Nursing Home Administration
- For Undergraduates
- Roberts Wesleyan College Tuition fees?
- Roberts Wesleyan College Ranking?
- Available Roberts Wesleyan College Scholarships?
- Student Spiritual Life at Robert Wesleyan College
- Roberts Wesleyan College FAQ
About Roberts Wesleyan College
Roberts Wesleyan College is a private Christian liberal arts college situated in Rochester, New York. It was established by Benjamin T. Roberts & opened in 1869. As at then, it was the first and only educational institution established for Free Methodists in North America.
Currently, the college has a total enrollment of 1,780, offers various undergraduate, graduates and online degree programs at an affordable tuition cost.
Note, Robert Wesleyan College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, is a member of the Association of Colleges and Universities of the State of New York.
Roberts Wesleysan College Location
Roberts Wesleyan College is located at 2301 Westside Dr. Rochester, NY 14624 | 800.777.4RWC
Roberts Wesleysan College Accreditations
Roberts Wesleyan College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. And was approved by the New York State Education Department for the training of veterans and other qualified persons.
- The Art Department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- Roberts Wesleyan College’s School of Business is accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
- The Music Department is an accredited National Association of Schools of Music.
- The Nursing Department is accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Graduate Program in School Psychology was accredited by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).
- Doctorate in School/Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) program was accredited by American Psychological Association (APA).
- Social Work Department is accredited by the Social Work Education (CSWE).
- The Teacher Education Department is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Why You Should Study at Robert Wesleyan College
Deciding to study at Robert Wesleyan College is not a bad ideal at all because the College has a lot to offer.
First, the college provides its students with access to learn through hands-on experiences led by supportive, high-quality professors so you can pursue your interests, explore career opportunities, and discover your future.
As a christian who wants to understand religion more, studying in Robert Wesleyan would give you access to good teaching on theology and a positive environmnet to build your spiritual life, faith and community at a large.
If you are a spiritual minded person who is zealous to bring societial transformation in your world, Robert College helps you achieve that by getting you equipped with all you need to make it happen.
With the help of dedicated professors who are down in earth working in the college, as a student, you will get attention, love, care and even carry you along in what is going on.
Another interesting thing about the college that it’s a place filled with love and a judgment-free zone. You won’t be anxious about anything because everyone is friendly and also you can openly talk about God to anyone.
Furthermore, with the numerous programs available, you would have a wider range of programs to choose from which is what most students want.
What is Roberts Wesleyan College Admission Process Like?
Just like every college has an admission process any applicants desiring to study there must follow, so also is Roberts Wesleyan College. Roberts Wesleyan College structured their admission process and requirements in such a way that each applicant category has its own requirements and process to follow.
For instance, the admission requirement for a freshman student is different from that of a graduate student applicant.
For Freshman students
If you’re applying as a freshman student, Below are the requirements you will have to submit during your application process:
- Free online Completed Application
- Official High School Transcripts
- High School Grade Point Average (GPA): 2.8 or higher out of 4.0
- Standardized Test: SAT 940 or higher or ACT of 18 or higher or CLT 59 or higher
- An optional letter of recommendation.
Freshman application process has two deadlines- Early action which is by November, 15 precisely and Priority, which is 15th January.
Note, providing all the requirements does not guarantee admission into Roberts Wesleyan College.
To learn more about this application, click below
For Transfer Programs:
As an applicant, you must submit the following:
- Completed Application
- Official College/University Transcripts
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher out of 4.0 at the last college attended full-time
For Transfer Nursing Admissions, the following requirements are needed:
- 3.0 overall GPA
- 3.0 cumulative science GPA in pre-requisite science courses
- And 3.0 GPA in pre-requisite nursing courses
Also, you must complete the following courses before you can start your Junoir Level Nursing courses and clinical rotations:
Note, you must have a minimum of 3.0 Cumulative GPA to take these courses.
International Students Admission
As an international applicant, you must first get an F-1 visa. Remember, the deadline for visa application July 15 for Fall Semester which starts August. And also, November 15 for Spring Semester, which starts January 15th.
Once you’ve you visa, you can apply for admission following the steps below:
- Completed your Application using English Language Institute Application – or the Roberts Application.
- Get your official high school or college Transcripts.
- Submit your proof of English Language Proficiency which includes:
After putting them together, send them to email@example.com
or by mail to:
Roberts Wesleyan College
2301 Westside Dr.
Rochester, NY 14624
What to do once Accepted
Once you are accepted, you may submit your enrollment deposit at any time. The $150 deposit secures your spot at Roberts and allows you to register for classes.
After making the deposit, ensure you have the following documents:
1) Submit Your Medical History Record
2) Send All Final Transcripts
3) Log In To Your New Roberts Account
4) New Student Registration
You must make your deposit and submit the from on or before 1st May 2021 if you’re starting in the Fall semester or December 1 if you’re starting in the Spring semester.
What are the available Programs at the Roberts Wesleyan College?
Currently, Roberts Wesleyan College offers more than 60 undergraduate, 13 graduate, and adult degree-completion (5) programs.
Additionally, it offers a doctoral program in Clinical & School Psychology. And students can complete a Master of Arts in Theology, Master of Divinity, Doctor of Ministry degree, and several certificate programs.
For Graduate Degree programs
Let’s take a brief look at the courses offered in some of the graduate programs.
Nursing Leadership and Administration Courses
Nursing Education Courses
Nursing Home Administration
Roberts Wesleyan College Tuition fees?
The cost of studying in Roberts Wesleyan College is cheap when compared to other Colleges in the State.
The cost of studying at Roberts Wesleyan College is $44,910. Compared with the national average cost, Roberts Wesleyan College is cheaper.
These figures include tuition, fees, accommodation, and boarding fees.
The next table outlines the costs explained above for the 2021-2022 school year.
One interesting thing about this cost is that less than 2% of students pay the amount. The reason is that Roberts Wesleyan College is committed to giving students a head start in earning income and achieving their personal goals by helping them graduate in four years.
Roberts Wesleyan College Ranking?
The Roberts Wesleyan College has been ranked by many top-ranking sites as one of the best in different fields.
Check this out!
The university was ranked #409 best overall colleges in the Unted States. Other rankings according to Collegefactual.com are the following:
- #42 out of 132 schools in New york
According to Niche, the Roberts Wesleyan College is ranked as follows:
- #83 in Regional Universities North (tie)
- #45 in Best Colleges for Veterans (tie)
- #30 in Best Value Schools
- #31 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)
What is Roberts Wesleyan College Acceptance Rate?
Roberts Wesleyan College’s acceptance rate is 69%. This shows that it’s competitive.
The student to faculty ratio is 12 to 1 which is good compared to the national average which is 15 to 1.
Also, the college has a full-time faculty percentage of 93% which is perfect. Another interesting fact about this college is that it has a high freshmen retention rate of 82%, though its graduation rate of 33% is not encouraging.
Available Roberts Wesleyan College Scholarships?
#1. Academic Scholarships
These scholarships are awarded to students with outstanding academic achievements which are shown on their transcript and SAT/ACT/CLT scores. Below are some of them with theor worths:
#2. Merit Scholarships
These scholarships are awarded based on artistic ability, special interests, involvement in clubs or organizations, or other recognitions. Some of them includes:
#3. Need-Based Grants
These grants are awarded to students who are finanically needy. They include:
Student Spiritual Life at Robert Wesleyan College
Robert Wesleyan College core objective is to bring up its students in the way of the Lord, by helping them grow spiritually.
Students at the college grow in the understanding and knowledge of the christian faith. They don’t view christianity as just going to church on sundays.
They have the opportunity to explore christian lifestyle in everything they do, in their hostels, paying fields, library and even classroom.
As a student at the college, you have chapels where you can worship with your classmates, faculty and staff from the college. Also, there are many ministry groups available specifically designed to help you grow.
You can also be part of small groups and bible studies in the college if you want to learn more about God’s word.
Roberts Wesleyan College FAQ
What is Roberts Wesleyan College accpetance rate?
The acceptance rate is 69%.
What are the available scholarships at Roberts Wesleyan College?
Free Methodist Scholarship
First in Family Farash Foundation Scholarship
Black Scholars Scholarship
Golden Apple Scholarship
Roberts Opportunity Grant
When is the deadline for submitting Admission Application?
The deadline for undergraduate admission application is 1st May 2021.
- William Paterson University: Acceptance rate, Admission, Courses, Tuition, & Aid
- Central Virginia Community College: Acceptance Rate, Admission, Courses, Tuition, & Aid
- Christopher Newport University: Acceptance rate, Admission, Courses, Tuition fees, Aid
- John A Logan College: Admission, Programs, Tuition, Ranking, Scholarships
- National Intelligence University: Admission, Courses, Fees, Ranking