SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Right of Return USA Fellowship
The Soze Agency is proud to announce the first year of the Right of Return USA Fellowship: Supporting Justice through the Arts, funded by Open Philanthropy. The fellowship is open to the formerly incarcerated artists, age 18 or older. This fellowship program will invest in formerly incarcerated artists to create original works that can further criminal justice reform in partnership with advocates and organizers. The first cohort will include five artists with diverse backgrounds, who will each receive a $10,000.00 prize, plus $10,000.00 for materials and production.
SOZE is a full-service creative agency. SOZE is committed to building a business whose foundation is built upon compassion, authenticity, and equity.
The Soze Agency is seeking to support formerly incarcerated artists with a demonstrated ability to effectively apply their creative work to end mass incarceration.
- The word “artist” in broad terms to include designers, master craftspeople, musicians, painters, performers, photographers, spoken-word poets, storytellers, and so forth
- Artists may be at any stage of their career
- Projects and applicants must be U.S. based
- They strongly encourage women, veterans, undocumented individuals, and LGBTQ individuals to apply.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the fellowship program. The candidates are required to login. The link is: https://sozeagency.submittable.com/submit/81552/right-of-return-usa-fellowship
- One page written statement (500 words max) or video statement (3 minutes max)
- Visual artists must submit 5 examples of their work
- Writers and spoken-word poets must submit 3 samples of their work
- Performing artists must submit 3 samples of their work
- Resume and/or website link (optional)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The first cohort will include five artists with diverse backgrounds, who will each receive a $10,000.00 prize, plus $10,000.00 for materials and production.
The candidates must the fellowship application form with supporting documents till April 21, 2017.
Link for More Information: