Applications are now been submitted for the Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University for International Students 2019, eligible persons are by this notice charged to hurry and apply for this program as soon as possible. The basic tenure of the scholarship is two years, subject always, and at all times, to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct.
The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting exceptional students from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. The Rhodes is the oldest and perhaps the most prestigious international scholarship programme in the world.
- About the Rhodes Trust:
- Why Rhodes Scholarships for International Students?
- Level /Field of Study
- Who is Awarding the Rhodes Scholarship?
- Eligible Nationality:
- How Much is the Rhodes Scholarship?
- The Rhodes Global Scholarships Eligibility:
- How to Apply for the Rhodes Scholarship for International Students
- Documents Required for Applications
- Rhodes Scholarships Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
About the Rhodes Trust:
The Rhodes Scholarship, named after the Anglo-South African mining magnate and politician Cecil John Rhodes, Established in 1902, which aims to nurture public-spirited leaders for the world’s future. It is an international postgraduate award for students to study at the University of Oxford.
The Rhodes Scholarship is administered by the Rhodes Trust, Oxford, United Kingdom. Scholarships are awarded in 20 Rhodes constituencies(64 different countries) around the World.
Selection Committees for the Scholarships are looking for young leaders of outstanding intellect and character who are motivated to engage with global challenges, committed to the service of others and show promise of becoming value-driven, principled leaders for the world’s future. The Selection Committees are looking for the following:
• academic excellence (e.g. First Class Honours or GPA of minimum 3.7 out of 4.0, or equivalent). Further details on the academic requirements can be found under ‘Eligibility Criteria’ below
• energy to use your talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
• truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
• the moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in your fellow human being
Why Rhodes Scholarships for International Students?
Until now, the Rhodes Scholarships have been awarded in 20 constituencies (representing over 60 different countries). This year, over 100 Rhodes Scholarships will be on offer and two new Global Scholarships allow eligible candidates from the rest of the world to be nominated by their University.
General information on the preparation of Global Rhodes Scholarship applications as well as frequently asked questions can be found here keep reading.
Level /Field of Study
The Rhodes Trust scholarship is available for a full-time postgraduate degree (including the BA with senior status over two years) at the University of Oxford to any course of choice of study. This is an Opportunity to Study in the UK University Without Much Procedures in any Choice Course.
Who is Awarding the Rhodes Scholarship?
The Global Scholarship is Hosted in the UK For All International Students. Oxford University is the Host University for the Rhodes Trust University. Opportunities abound for you.
Rhodes Scholarship is open to students from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean, Kenya, New Zealand, Pakistan, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland), United Arab Emirates, United States, Zambia and Zimbabwe. These Countries are mostly Commonwealth Countries
How Much is the Rhodes Scholarship?
A Rhodes Scholarship covers all University and College fees, a personal stipend and one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the Scholarship, as well as an economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the Scholarship.
The Rhodes Global Scholarships Eligibility:
The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Rhodes Scholarships:
• Citizenship & residency: Each applicant must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying. Please check the detailed information carefully via the country links.
• Age: Age limits vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by 1 October of the year following selection. In most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive in Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not normally be deferred.
• Education: All applicants must have achieved academic standing sufficiently advanced to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree by the October following the election. Academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements and to give confidence that Rhodes Scholars will perform to a high academic standard in Oxford. Individual constituencies may specify a 1st or equivalent. Some constituencies require an undergraduate degree to have been taken within the constituency of application.
How to Apply for the Rhodes Scholarship for International Students
Time needed: 30 minutes.
The Application of the Scholarship is something very important. Make sure that the information you provide is very detailed and Concise. Never provide any false information. Here are the Steps in details
- Proceed to the Official Website
All candidates for the Scholarship should read the information about the Scholarships applicable globally and then proceed to their country-specific page to read the application criteria, eligibility requirements, and deadline specific to their country.
- Read through the Eligibility
It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. Watch Videos.
- Choose your Course at Oxford University
You need to check the Latest Considerations when choosing the right course for you at Oxford University. Here is a list of Course Covered by the scholarship.
- Write your Personal Statement
You need to write a Convincing Personal Statement. Here we have tips and advice on how to express yourself in your personal statement. More information can be found in the below links. Information for Candidates
- Get a Reference Letters
- Get all Required Documents
Any document that you didn’t Submit is a minus to your successful Application. Make sure you know which documents are required in order to complete and submit your application.
Information for candidates
- Do some Social Engagement
There are some Social Engagements you’re to carry out. What to expect from the social engagement event and how to get the most from it, is explained in the Video.
- Final Interview
Preparing for the final interview and being yourself from the Video
Documents Required for Applications
There are Documents that need while meeting up with the Application Procedures. Get all the Documents and win the Rhodes Scholarships.
What Can I do to Become A Rhode Scholar in 2019-2020?
Rhodes Selection Committees are looking for young persons of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service from 20 Rhodes constituencies (64 countries) worldwide.
The four criteria governing the selection of Rhodes Scholars are:
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- the moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
At the discretion of the Trustees, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil. The Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and the Masters of Financial Economics (MFE) are only tenable in the second year of the Scholarship.
The basic tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct.
is Rhodes Trust Scholarships Ongoing?
Rhodes Scholarships are Ongoing now! Applications for Rhodes Scholarships open during the spring and summer of the year before entry to Oxford, for example, Summer 2019 applications would be for entry to Oxford in 2020 (see Timeline, below).
Timeline for the Rhode Global Scholarships
- 15 May 2019 Nominations open (Universities)
- 30 June 2019 Nominations deadline (Universities)
- 31 August 2019 Application deadline (applicants)
- October 2019 Shortlisting and preliminary interviews
- November 2019 Final selection interviews at Rhodes House, Oxford
- Early January 2020 Deadline for applications to Oxford University
- Late September 20120 Arrival in Oxford to commence studies
You can begin the application by clicking on Online Application and get more details by clicking the Scholarship Link
Rhodes Scholarships Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We are looking for young people who are outstanding in their chosen field, with the ambition and drive to be future leaders in society.
The selection criteria for nominees are:
literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence) energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
the moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings
A Rhodes Scholarship is confirmed once a successful candidate has been offered a place at the University of Oxford. Please note that any student you nominate must have an outstanding academic record to reach the University of Oxford’s admission criteria.
The Rhodes Trust warmly welcomes applications from talented young people of diverse backgrounds. Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, social background, disability, caste or other irrelevant distinction.
The nomination form can be found here. The form must be filled out once per candidate, including a nomination letter from the institution. There is also Guidance for Nomination available, which should be read ahead of completing the nomination form. After receiving the nominations, we will send the nominees an email with an invitation to apply and details on how to access the application portal.
In principle, any University may nominate a young person who fulfills the eligibility criteria. Please note that applicants must meet the entry requirements for their chosen course of graduate study at the University of Oxford, i.e. they must be academically excellent.
- Vicky Noon Scholarships Program 2019
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship At the University of Oxford UK for Developing Countries 2019/2020
- Rhodes Scholarship for Zimbabwe Students, 2019
- 2019 John Brookman Graduate Scholarship at University of Oxford
- Rhodes Trust Scholarships for African/International Students at University of Oxford 2019
- Fully-funded Masters Scholarships At Swire/Oxford & Cambridge Society of Kenya 2019/2020
- Hugh le May Research Fellowship at Rhodes University in South Africa 2019
- University of Oxford-THIS Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships for Students in UK, 2019
- Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships, in New Zealand 2019
The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting exceptional students from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. see details for application procedure and program deadline