SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Jamaican scholars are been invited to hurry and submit their applications for the RHODES SCHOLARSHIP FOR JAMAICAN STUDENTS 2018, This scholarship is intended for Jamaican scholars pursuing their studies in Tertiary Institutions. Rhodes trust is availaving this scholarship program with the aim of creation nd discovering talented individuals that can broing a change in the world. So hurry and aoply for this program.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE SPONSOR RHODES TRUST:
The Rhodes scholarship is one of the very good products of the will of a certain Cecil Rhodes (1853-1902) and this scholarship is managed by the Rhodes Trust.It is a global organisation that uses her deep connections across the world to bring together people of different backgrounds and viewpoints. We encourage them to openly debate, challenge each other’s thinking and generate new ideas.
Cecil Rhodes expected his Trustees to adapt his plans to respond effectively to changing circumstances. Soon after his death his Trustees created several more Scholarships for Canada than he had done. The adaptation continued through three Acts of the British Parliament and other important changes to his will – for example, during World War I, abolishing the German Scholarships, which were twice re-created by his Trustees (in 1929-30 and 1969-70); in 1929, wholly remaking the geographic basis on which the Scholarships are awarded in the United States; opening up all but four of the Scholarships to women as well as to men in 1976; the opening up of those four remaining Scholarships (for named schools in South Africa) to women in recent years. During the first 100 years after Cecil Rhodes’s death, the Trustees added at one time or another nearly another 40 Scholarships, though not all have continued.For more about Rhodes trust scholarship, see this official link
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RHODES SCHOLARSHIP FOR JAMAICAN STUDENTS 2018:
We know that in recent times especially in developing and most developed countries, the need for an advanced degree can never be over emphasized. This have been intimately related to desire of students and even workers in various sector both private and public to grow. As a jamaican , an advaced degree (postgradute studies) is often necesarry to get that dream job of yours, to get that promotin that you have long desired, to get that grant or even a loan, or even to get elevated in the academic industry. It is only normal that as a human being, we should strive to upgrade and update our portfolio in every sphere of life and the level of education acquired alongside experience have proven to be much needed and good enough,education and experience are been provided by Rhodes trust scholarship,
we bring you not just the scholarship but the application guidance to enble you becomer a winner of this scholarship and that is why you should apply!!
The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting outstanding all-round students at the University of Oxford, and providing transformative opportunities for exceptional individuals.
Thinking about why you should apply? well, here is the reason :
89 Rhodes Scholars are selected annually from 32 countries around the world. They are young women and men from diverse backgrounds and interests who show potential to be public-spirited leaders for the world’s future. This is a most prestigious financial aid programme in the region.
LEVEL OF STUDY:
This scholarship program is for postgraduate studies at Oxford university
FIELD OF STUDY:
The scholarship covers for any field of study at the University of Oxford
This scholarship is to be taken in the UK
This Rhodes scholarship is for students that are citizens of Jamaica or are resident in Jamaica
Rhodes Trust offer a scholarship with a difference; not only covering the cost of at least two years study in Oxford (fees and a living stipend), but also providing character, service and leadership development programmes, a life-long fellowship with constant networking opportunities with Senior Scholars and, beyond that, a warm and inviting community within which most of our Scholars develop enduring friendships. In short, the Scholarship is a life-changing opportunity for exceptional young people with the potential to make a difference for good in the world.
RHODES TRUST SCHOLARSHIPSELECTION CRITERIA:
The Rhodes trust focuse onthe followin as slelction criteria:
- Literary and scholastic attainments
- Energy to use one’s talents to the full
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- Moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
Selection in each Rhodes constituency is by committees comprised of Rhodes alumni and distinguished non-Scholar members of the community. In general, committees will select applicants of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service.
The Rhodes Trust warmly welcomes applications from talented young women and men of diverse backgrounds.
The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Rhodes Scholarships:
- Citizenship & residency:Each applicant must fulfil the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying. Please check the detailed information carefully via the country links.
- Age:Age limits vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by 1 October of the year following selection. In most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive in Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not normally be deferred.
- Education:All applicants must have achieved academic standing sufficiently advanced to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree by the October following election. Academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements, and to give confidence that Rhodes Scholars will perform to a high academic standard in Oxford. Individual constituencies may specify a 1st or equivalent. Some constituencies require an undergraduate degree to have been taken within the constituency of application.
HOW TO APPLY FOR RHODES TRUST SCHOLARSHIP:
- Application to the Scholarship: Applications for Rhodes Scholarships open during the spring and summer of the preceding year. All candidates for the Scholarship should read the information about the Scholarships applicable globally, and then proceed to their country-specific page.
In broad terms, all constituencies will require the following materials in differing forms:
- Evidence of academic record / transcript (complete or in progress) of undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities
- Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language)
- List of referees (usually several are required) who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related)
- Choice of course in the University of Oxford:
Subject to limited restrictions, Rhodes Scholars may read for any full-time postgraduate degree (including the BA with senior status over two years) at the University of Oxford. The basic tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always, and at all times, to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. For the full listing of degrees offered by the University of Oxford, visit ox.ac.uk.
- At the discretion of the Trustees, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil. The Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and the Masters of Financial Economics (MFE) are only tenable in the second year of the Scholarship.
- For the detailed CONDITIONS OF TENURE, including exceptions and qualifications to the above, please click here.
- Note to applicants
Successful candidates will be asked to provide original copies of academic transcripts (and other supporting documents as required). References may be checked during application review, and any applications deemed fraudulent will be rejected. Authors of fraudulent applications will be pursued to the full extent possible under the law.
- A Rhodes Scholarship is confirmed once a successful candidate has been offered a place in a Department or Faculty of the University of Oxford and in a college. For information about other awards to support postgraduate study at the University of Oxford, click here.
The application deadline for this proggram may sometimes vary with country, however we ashall conyineu to bring you updates in this regard’
For more information on Rhodes, see this Official weblink
WE ALSO RECOMMED THAT YOU VIEW THE FOLLOWING ARTICLES AS THE CONTAIN RELEVANT INFORMATIONS ON SCHOLARSHIPS FOR JAMAICANS ACROSS THE GLOBE: