Thai students are invited to apply for research scholarships at mahidol University ,Only eligible persons will be considered for this program. This scholarship is aimed at promoting and supporting students’ research work in order to enhance quality and meet international standards.
Mahidol University (MU), an autonomous research institution in Thailand. It has been recognized as the country’s fourth public university.
ABOUT MAHIDOL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE:
Mahidol University International College also known as MUIC, is Thailand’s first public international college. It is part of Mahidol University and is located on the university’s Salaya Campus in Nakhon Pathom Province.
The International Students Degree Program (ISDP) was found in March 1986. It is the first international bachelor’s degree program at a public university in Thailand. Six months later, the program accepted its first class of 45 students. The classes were taken on the second floor of the MU Social Science and Humanities Building. There were two full-time and 20 part-time instructors, a four-member support staff. The program offered a total of seven majors in the Sciences and Travel Industry Management.
MUIC’s graduate and undergraduate programs are administered by the academic divisions. Each division is responsible for their respective curriculum and faculty. Below are the list of divisions at MUIC.
- Business Administration
- Humanities and Language
- Social Science
- Fine and Applied Arts
- Travel Industry Management
MUIC offers a broad spectrum of undergraduate programs in the Arts, Sciences and Administration that are designed to develop a new generation of academics, international managers and industry professionals.
- BACHELOR OF ARTS (B.A.)
- Communication Design
- Animation Production
- Film Production
- Television Production
- Social Science
- Intercultural Studies and Languages
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (B.Sc.)
- Applied Mathematics
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Food Science and Technology
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (B.B.A.)
- Business Economics
- Information Systems
- International Business
- International Hospitality Management
- BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING (B.Eng.)
- Computer Engineering
The City Campus is located in Sathon District, Bangkok and offers 2 postgraduate programs:
- MASTER OF MANAGEMENT (M.M.)
- International Hospitality Management
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (M.B.A.)
- Business Modeling and Development
Students have to pass entrance examinations and an interview in order to get into the college. There is an English examination which utilizes TOEFL-style exam questions for four sections – Grammar, Writing, Reading and Listening. MUIC is currently partnered with over 70 countries to allow admission for international students to study at the university. In the United States for example, it is partnered with 18 universities, including The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Currently, MUIC accepts three types of inbound students, full-time, exchange, and visiting.
There are numerous scholarships at the Mahidol university ointernational college, amongst which includes:
Scholarships for high school potential students
1. ASEAN Students Scholarship.
MUIC Scholarship (Thai nationals)
This scholarship is awarded to potential students (Thai nationals) with limited finances resources who have completed Thai high school in Thailand and have achieved a cumulative 3.0 GPA or above for 5 terms in high school. The scholarship covers a tuition-fee waiver for 5 years, from PC to graduation. Four scholarships will be awarded every year for each of the four entrance examinations.
MUIC Scholarship for Science Majors
This scholarship is awarded to potential students who have completed Thai high school in Thailand, although they do not necessarily have to be Thai nationals, and have achieved a cumulative 3.5 GPA or above for 5 terms in high school. The scholarship covers a tuition-fee waiver for 5 years, from PC to graduation. Four scholarships will be awarded every year for each of the four entrance examinations.
LEVEL OF STUDY:
This is a research scholarship program programme.
FIELD OF STUDY:
These scholarships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
This scholarship is to be taken in Thailand
Thai students are to apply for this scholarship program
These scholarships will cover the following:
- The Faculty of Graduate Studies will allocate funds only for registration fees (maximum 5,000 THB), travel expenses (by land only), and accommodation and only in the amount that will be actually paid not in estimates.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The candidate must be a student in a Master’s or Doctoral program of the Institute / College/Faculty that is under the financial services of the Faculty of Graduate Studies, and the candidate must be invited to attend an international conference during the study.
- The applicant must be a master’s or doctoral student of Mahidol University and his/her thesis committee must have been officially appointed before the application can be made. If the applicant has already graduated, and he/she must have received consent from his/her Major Thesis Advisor and the Chair of the Program Administrative Committee.
- The candidate must have never received any supporting scholarships for presentations in Thailand from the Faculty of Graduate Studies, Mahidol University.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be a master or doctoral student.
How to Apply:
Applicants are to submit their credential and go through the application process via these links below
The application is open throughout the year.