The Japan Student Services Organisation provides the Follow-up Research Fellowship for former international students in Japan to researchers who have previously come to study in Japan from a developing country, region, etc. These fellowships are available to conduct short-term research of 60-90 consecutive days.
The aim of the fellowships is to give an opportunity to researchers to conduct short-term research with academic advisors at universities (except junior colleges) in Japan.
Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) is an independent administrative institution established under the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
Course Level: These fellowships are available to pursue research programme.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- Round-trip Airfare
- Daily allowance (¥11,000/day) for the recipient
- Remuneration for cooperation (up to ¥50,000) for the research advisor
Number of Scholarships: Approximately forty-five fellowships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- To have the nationality of a country/region listed in the attachment.
- To belong to a university or other educational or governmental institute in the relevant country or region, and be currently working in education, research, or government in their home country. (Employees of private businesses are not eligible.)
- Previous resident status in Japan was a “College Student.”
- To have completed master/doctoral course at a Japanese university or obtained all the necessary credits before graduation (coursework doctor).
- Age is 45 or younger as of April 1, 2018 (i.e., born on April 2, 1972, or after).
- At least 1 year has passed since they returned home after studying in Japan as of April 1, 2018 (i.e., returned home on March 31, 2017, or before).
Nationality: Applicants of nationalities of developing countries and regions are eligible for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have completed master’s/doctoral course
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Submit both 5 printed copies of application forms 1 copy of the Form1 original) and the digital file data. Please let you confirm “For University Use: Cautions When Submitting Files” by all means when you make it.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 30, 2017.