Applications are currently been accepted at the Science and Engineering Research Board and they are pleased to give out High Risk – High research awards to Indian researchers in India. These awards are Open for the research proposals that are new, challenge existing hypothesis, and provide ‘out of the box’ thinking on important problems.The objective of the High Risk – High research awards is to provide support for proposals that are conceptually new and risky, and if successful, expected to have a paradigm-shifting influence on the S&T.
Science and Engineering Research Board promoting basic research in Science and Engineering and to provide financial assistance to persons engaged in such research.
Course Level: These awards are available for research.
Study Subject: These awards available in proposals that are new, challenge existing hypothesis, and provide ‘out of the box’ thinking on important problems.
Scholarship Award: These awards will cover the followings:
- The funding is provided normally for a period of three years. In exceptional cases, the duration can be up to 5 years as assessed by the expert committee.
- No budget limit is prescribed for this type of projects. The research grant covers equipment, consumables, contingency and travels apart from overhead grants.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these awards:
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen residing in India.
- The applicant(s) must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized institution.
- The proposals can be submitted by an individual or by a team of investigators. Proposals submitted by a team of investigators must identify a Principal Investigator, who will spearhead the research objectives and administer the grant.
Nationality: Indian applicants are eligible for these awards.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be researchers.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Applicant(s) should first register with the online website
- After log-in, the applicant(s) are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address etc.
- If you have CO-PI in your proposal then ensure that all the CO-PI’s are also registered into the system following the same procedure.
- Some of the details of your proposal like Project Title (max 500 characters), Project Summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters), Budget (Manpower,Consumables,Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overheads ) have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other relevant information of the proposal has to be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 10 MB as other technical documents (OTD)
Application Deadline: The call proposals can be submitted any time of the year.