Applications are currently ongoing for the Regents Scholarships for Freshmen 2018-2019, The Regents Scholarship, based on academic excellence, is the most prestigious scholarship awarded to UC undergraduate students. Regents Scholars receive an honorarium of up to $8,000, paid $2,000 in each of their 4 or 2 undergraduate years (for freshmen or transfer students), plus special privileges as outlined below.
Entering freshmen and transfers without demonstrated financial need receive a 4-year honorarium of up to $8,000 ($2,000 per year paid evenly over 3 academic quarters).
Entering freshmen and transfers who are CA residents, have demonstrated financial need receive additional scholarship and/or grant funds to meet the financial need for 4 undergraduate academic years.
- Entering freshman or transfer student (both California residents and non-residents)
- United States citizens, permanent residents, or California Dream Act students
- Demonstrated academic excellence (strength and breadth of your high school academic program, test scores, grades and other academic criteria)
How to apply
- File your UC Application for Admission and Scholarships by the Nov. 30 deadline.
- If you wish to demonstrate financial need to determine if you are eligible for a Regents need award, then file your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by March 2, OR the California Dream Act application (if you are AB540 eligible and not eligible to file a FAFSA). File only one of these applications.
- You don’t need to file any other paperwork.
- UC San Diego notifies recipients of Regents Scholarships in March, along with the admission notice.
Deadline: November 30th 2017