If you’re a South African student and you wish to study in the country but don’t have enough funds to go about it, simply apply for the Rand Water Bursary. This bursary provides up to R6500 towards your undergraduate education in selected programs in South African Universities.
Rand Water Bursary in South Africa 2020–2021 is available for South African students. Most of the Bursaries for South Africans are fully funded that covers for the whole study year.
Read through for eligibility and requirements for the Rand Water Bursary Application.
World scholarship forum being the best scholarship/bursary portal has taken it upon themselves to provide to you all Bursaries in South African for local and international studies and this is one of them. Always check our site for the latest information regarding Bursaries 2020 in South Africa.
We love you and will always be at your service, remember to use the comment box for any information you do not understand regarding this South African bursary.
- What You Need To Know About Rand Water
- Level/Field of Study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- Scholarship Worth
- Eligibility for Rand Water Bursary 2020
- How to Apply for Rand Water Bursary 2020
- Rand Water Bursary 2020 Application Deadline
- Rand Water Bursary 2020 Application Link
- EDITOR’S RECOMMENDATION
What You Need To Know About Rand Water
Rand Water, a South African controlled company which provides Gauteng (and various other areas of South Africa) with potable water, which premiered in 1903. The organization, previously called the Rand Water Board, is Africa’s most significant water usefulness.
Rand Water supplies purified water that has been extracted from various resources to urban municipalities; local municipalities; mines and industries. The company is also involved in wastewater sanitation.
The supply system comprises over 3000 kilometers of pipeline, which provides 58 service reservoirs. The average supply of water is finished 3500 million liters of water every day.
Level/Field of Study
Rand Water is inviting students studying towards undergraduate qualifications to apply for the bursary program.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- The water Care (BTech/ Advance Diploma: 4th year)
- Water Treatment and Supply (BTech/ Advance Diploma: 4th year)
- Water and Sanitation (BSc: 3rd or 4th year, BTech/ Advance Diploma: 4th year)
- Environmental Management (Water or Environmental rehabilitation) (BSc: 2nd, 3rd or 4th year)
- Chemistry (BSc Hons: 4th year)
- Analytical Chemistry (BTech/ BSc: 3rd or 4th year)
- Civil Engineering (BSC Eng/ BEng: 2nd, 3rd or 4th year)
- Chemical Engineering (BSc/ BTech/ National Diploma: 2nd or 3rd year)
- Architectural Engineering or Design (Degree/ BTech/ National Diploma: 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year)
- Electrical Engineering (Light or Heavy) (BTech (TVET)/ National Diploma: 2nd, 3rd or 4th year or N4 – N6)
- Mechanical Engineering (Boilermakers, Fitter and Turner Welders and Special Fabricators) (Degree/ BEng (TVET)/ National Diploma: 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year or N4 – N6)
- Accounting (BCom Degree: 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year)
- Internal Audit (BTech/ BCom: 2nd or 3rd year)
- Economics and International Trade (BCom: 3rd or 4th year)
- Econometrics (BCom: 3rd or 4th year)
- Information Science (BSc IT: 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year)
- Computer Science (4th Industrial Revolution Tech. Cyber Security, Business Analysis/ System design & Architecture) (MSc/ MCom Honours Degree)
- Hotel/ Hospitality Management (National Diploma: 2nd and 3rd year)
- Professional Cookery (National Diploma: 2nd and 3rd year)
Rand Water Bursary is taken and hosted in South Africa. You can check other African Scholarships available for South African students and other African Countries
Rand Water Bursary is only available to South African Students.
The bursary fund is currently awarded to a maximum value of R6500 per student/ semester – this funding is intended to assist students with paying for registration fees, tuition, and prescribed book
Eligibility for Rand Water Bursary 2020
Applicants should meet the following minimum entrance standards before applying (please notice that failure to meet each of the prerequisites will probably result in an application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Under 35 years old
- Completed Matric or equivalent
- Studying full-time within one of the above-mentioned fields of study
- Registered and studying at a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa (University/ University of Technology/ TVET College)
- Achieved a minimum of 65% for all major subjects
- Interested in working within the water sector
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- NOT in possession of any other bursary awards/ funding
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply for Rand Water Bursary 2020
You’ll be required to register an account (https://randwater.erecruit.co/candidateap/Register) until you’re able to log in (https://randwater.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Login) and Apply.
Applicants should meet the following minimum entrance standards before applying (Please be aware that failure to fulfill each of the prerequisites will direct to an application not being considered ):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Application Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- The full academic record to date (certified copy)
- Any other relevant qualification certificates (certified copies)
Rand Water Bursary 2020 Application Deadline
The Rand Water Bursary application deadline is 25 January 2020.
(Applications submitted following this date won’t be accepted — please apply prior to the final date to make sure your application is contemplated.)
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted – if you did not receive any feedback about your application within 1 month by the application deadline, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Rand Water Bursary 2020 Application Link
The application has to be done online at https://randwater.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Jobs/View/181221-1/Rand_Water_Bursaries
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any questions associated with the bursary program, then please contact Rand Water right:
Tel: 011 682 0911
- Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries
- Scholarships For Developing Countries
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.