Rae Lee Siporin Scholarship for Women
Albuquerque Community Foundation is pleased to offer Rae Lee Siporin Scholarship for freshman, sophomore and junior years of college females. The scholarship is for those women who are continuing or returning to college/university for their first undergraduate degree and need financial assistance. The scholarship program encourages the women who have taken a break(s) in their educational career and want to return to complete their senior year and graduate. One to two awards up to $1,000 will be given annually to the winning candidates.
The mission of Albuquerque Community Foundation is to build, invest and manage endowment funds to enhance the quality of our community through informed strategic grant making.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a female New Mexico resident
- As completed her freshman, sophomore and junior years of college
- Returning to college to complete her senior year
- Has taken an official break during her educational career
- Will attend a New Mexico college or university for a minimum of one semester during the 2017-18 school year
- Will be a full time or part time student for the 2017-18 school year
- Be able to demonstrate graduation within three semesters (explain in the essay). What is your graduation plan?
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate financial need
How to Apply:
- To be applying online, firstly you must login through the given link: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_3382/?SA=SNA&FID=35043
- After that you have to complete the application form and upload the supporting documents
- Resume including education, employment, community service, and awards or honors (maximum 4 pages)
- Include the number of years and hours of participation for any volunteer work
- Include any award(s) and recognition(s) you have received
- Include the number of years and approximate hours worked for recent and past employment
- Current official transcript through spring 2016 semester
- Statement about your educational and career goals. What are your “next steps” after graduation?
- Financial aid award letter from college/university for the 2016-17 school year
- Financial Student Aid Report for the 2016-17 school year
- One reference from a teacher or counselor- if you are returning to school after an absence, the reference may be from someone related to your employment
Financial aid and Award Money:
There are one to two awards up to $1,000 will be given to the wining candidates of Rae Lee Siporin Scholarship.
The deadline for Rae Lee Siporin Scholarship applications is Friday, June 9, 2017 at 5pm
Link for More Information:
If you have any query you can contact on this no. 505-883-6240