Questbridge Scholarship for National and International students
QuestBridge is a non-profit program that links students with educational and scholarship opportunities at some USA colleges and universities. QuestBridge provides a College Prep Scholarship for high school juniors and a National College Match program for high school seniors.
Questbridge started in 1987 as the Stanford Medical Youth Science Program (SMYSP). It evolved into the Questbridge Program in 2004 after the founder of Questbridge, Michael McCullough, realized that the Internet was a great tool to recruit promising low-income students.
Amherst College, Rice University, Grinnell College, Wheaton College, and Trinity College joined as the first Questbridge partner schools. Twelve years later, the pool of partner schools has increased to 40 of the nation’s leading universities and liberal arts colleges.
In the last seven years, over 7500 low-income students have been admitted and offered financial aid to these partner schools.
What You Need to Know
is Questbridge legit?
I know most of you might be having this question bugging our mind at this point. College Match Scholarship Recipients are granted admission to one of QuestBridge’s partner colleges with a full, four-year scholarship worth over $200,000 each.
Our college partners use a combination of their own funds as well as state and federal aid to fund the scholarship. This scholarship is offered as part of a generous financial aid package provided by the QuestBridge college partner that covers the cost of attendance, including:
- Tuition and fees
- Room and board
- Books and supplies
- Travel expenses
All College Match Scholarship packages:
- Have NO parental contribution
- Have NO student loans
- May contain a student contribution in the form of Federal work-study, summer work, or student savings
All College Prep Scholars will receive:
- Exclusive access to 40 of the nation’s best colleges at a QuestBridge National College Admissions Conference: Learn from and interact with admissions officers from leading colleges and universities at this full-day event
- A head start on applying to college: Fill out a full college application as a high school junior and receive valuable support and guidance to make yours further stand out
- The distinction of being a College Prep Scholar: Our college partners are among the nation’s best institutions, and they identify College Prep Scholars as outstanding potential candidates to highly selective colleges
College Prep Scholars could also receive:
- Full scholarships to college summer programs at Stanford, Yale, Emory, Penn, and more than cover travel, tuition, and room & board
- Personalized feedback on your college essay from a trained coach
- Quest for Excellence Awards, such as laptops and reimbursement for college application fees
- All-expense-paid campus visits to our college partners
- One-on-one college admissions telementoring from Amherst College students
Questbridge Scholarship Reviews
QuestBridge College Prep Scholarship
The College Prep Scholarship is a pre-college scholarship program offered by QuestBridge for qualifying high school juniors. The application is a condensed version of the National College Match application, and also asks students to list their interest in each of the partner schools.
The QuestBridge College Prep Scholars Program gives outstanding low-income high school juniors an early advantage in college admissions.
College Prep Scholars are uniquely prepared to gain admission and full scholarships to top-tier colleges through QuestBridge. The majority are also selected as Finalists for the National College Match. Being selected as a College Prep Scholar is a notable distinction that celebrates your achievements and gives you an early start in applying to college.
QuestBridge National College Match Scholarship
The QuestBridge National College Match is a college and scholarship application process that helps outstanding low-income high school seniors gain admission and full four-year scholarships to the nation’s most selective colleges.
The National College Match is an alternative, generally binding, and free application process for high-school seniors. It helps students apply to and be selected for admission at partner colleges with full four-year scholarships.
Students may also use the program’s application materials to apply for admission through partner colleges’ regular decision processes.
Questbridge Scholarship Requirements
QuestBridge students have succeeded academically while experiencing long-term financial hardship.
QuestBridge is looking for academically stellar students who have demonstrated a level of academic achievement that meets the admissions standards of our college partners. These are students whom you can envision thriving on the campus of a leading college. In addition, students must demonstrate ongoing financial hardship.
The characteristics below are based on successful QuestBridge applicants from previous years, and are not strict requirements or cut-offs:
- In the top 5% or 10% of their class.
- Have received mostly A’s in the most rigorous classes available.
- Strong standardized test scores (if taken).
- Household income is less than $65,000 a year, and often less for a typical family of four, with minimal assets.
- Often eligible for free or reduced-price lunch.
- Often in the first generation in their family to attend a four-year U.S. college.
- Strong personal character and unusually high level of family responsibility (caring for siblings, part-time work to support the family financially, etc.)
- Extracurricular achievements, such as leadership or community activities.
Questbridge Scholarship Application | How To Apply
Before you apply Review who should apply to make sure you qualify, Learn how the National College Match works and Carefully consider our college partners, including their testing requirements to make sure you are on track to rank these colleges.
- A free, online National College Match application, including information on your academic and extracurricular accomplishments, financial background*, two essays, short answer questions
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers in core academic subjects
- A Secondary School Report from your high school counselor
- A School Profile (optional, but recommended)
- A high school transcript and additional transcripts (if applicable)
- Any standardized test score reports to-date. We accept the SAT, ACT, Subject Tests, IB, or AP test scores. SAT and/or ACT test scores are highly recommended.
*Access to previous year tax returns and other financial documents is highly recommended and will help you complete the application.
Application Requirements for Finalists
If you are selected as a Finalist in October, additional college materials are due to the colleges your rank. View each college partner page for more “Application Requirements“.
Questbridge Scholarship Deadlines
The 2018 National College Match application is now open. The deadline to apply is September 27, 2019.
All deadlines occur at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
2019 National College Match application opens online.
September 27, 2019
National College Match application is due.
October 11, 2019
College rankings and signed Match Agreement Form are due.
October 18, 2019
- Applicants are notified of Finalist decisions on the application’s Manage page.
- Finalists continue with their College Match applications. Applicants not chosen as Finalists (Non-Finalists) should proceed on their own with college applications.
November 1, 2019
- Finalists must submit required documents to the colleges that they have ranked.
November 5, 2019
Finalists can begin selecting colleges for QuestBridge Regular Decision.
December 3, 2019
- Finalists are notified of College Match Scholarship results on the application’s Manage page.
- Finalists who do not match continue with QuestBridge Regular Decision.
December 10, 2019
The QuestBridge Regular Decision Form is due.
Admissions decisions are sent out by the colleges for Regular Decision applicants.
Questbridge Scholarship Winners 2019
In 2017, out of 15,606 applications, 5,759 students were selected as National College Match Finalists. Finalists exhibit high academic achievement and qualify financially.
Below are some aggregate statistics that represent the strength of these Finalists:
- Average GPA: 3.89
- SAT (middle 50%): 1320 – 1450
- ACT Composite (middle 50%): 28-32
- Class rank: 88% from the Top 10%
Median Income: $34,390
Free or Reduced-Price Lunch: 78% eligible
First Generation to a 4-year college: 72%
Race and Ethnicity
- White: 51%
- Hispanic/Latino: 30%
- Asian: 29%
- Black/African American: 19%
- Native American: 4%
- Pacific Islander: 1%
Please note: The sum of these percentages is over 100% due to multiple races/ethnicities selected.
U.S. Regional Distribution
- Midwest: 17%
- Northeast: 20%
- South: 39%
- West: 24%
- Other: 1%
- U.S. Citizen: 77%
- U.S. Citizen with Dual Citizenship: 11%
- U.S. Permanent Resident: 6%
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA): 3%
- Non-Citizen: 3%
- U.S. Asylee/Refugee: <1%
WITH THIS INFORMATION YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND APPLY FOR THIS THIS SCHOLARSHIP WITHOUT FEAR.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- PALAS SCHOLARSHIP FOR JAMAICANS 2019
- International Students Fully funded Undergraduate Scholarships in Thailand, 2019
- Coca-Cola USA Scholarship 2019 | Coca-cola scholarship Application form
- study at Harvard University: its Tuition fees and Admission Requirements
- The Juniper Networks Engineering Scholarship 2019
- APPLY: QuestBridge College Prep Scholarship
- Walailak University Undergraduate Scholarships for Students in Thailand, 2019
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America Undergraduate Awareness Scholarships
- Fully Funded U.S. Department of State’s U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative Scholarship Program for North Africans
- Half Chrome Drones Scholarship Program
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. Remember to leave a Comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question.
QuestBridge provides a College Prep Scholarship for high school juniors and a National College Match program for high school seniors. Never miss out the Questbridge Scholarship.