The University of Queensland is delighted to invite applications for the Queensland University Academic Scholarship in Australia. The Scholarships is designed for students pursuing their undergraduate and any subsequent postgraduate coursework study at the University.
There are three types of the UQ Academic Scholarship will be granted i.e. UQ Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships, UQ Excellence Scholarships and UQ Merit Scholarships. A range of benefits will be given to the winners of each scholarship types. To apply, entries must be submitted no later than 31st October each year.
UQ’s Academic Scholarship program aims to reward the achievements of outstanding school leavers and gap year students. If you are a high-achieving student and you are completing Year 12 in 2017 (or you completed in 2016 and you’re on a gap year) then you are encouraged to apply. The university awards following types of scholarships:
- UQ Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants achieving at the very top of the OP1 band or equivalent who aspire to undertake a program of study for a coursework degree at the University of Queensland.
- UQ Excellence Scholarships are awarded to OP 1 applicants who demonstrate outstanding academic, leadership and/or community service achievements during their senior secondary studies who aspire to study at The University of Queensland.
- UQ Merit Scholarships are awarded to high academic achievers across a range of study areas who demonstrate significant leadership and/or community services who are commencing the first year of a bachelor’s degree at The University of Queensland
Each types has own benefits as follow:
- UQ Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships: The value of the scholarship is $12,000 for each year for which it is held (excluding any periods for which the scholarship is deferred or suspended).
- UQ Excellence Scholarships: The value of the scholarship is $6,000 for each year for which it is held (excluding any periods for which the scholarship is deferred or suspended).
- UQ Merit Scholarships: The value of the scholarship is $6,000 for the first year of study only, conditional on students meeting ongoing eligibility as specified in the scholarship rules.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in any studies.
Place of Study
At Queensland University in Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
Those who are satisfying the criteria below will be considered for those scholarships:
- are Australian Citizens or Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders; or
- are Australian Permanent Residents, New Zealand citizens, or international student who is completing or has completed Years 11 and 12 in Australia;
- And have not completed any previous tertiary study other than that undertaken as part of Year 11-12 studies (eg. Enhanced Studies Program); and
- have applied for a tertiary place through the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC); and
- are intending to enrol as a full-time student in an undergraduate program at The University of Queensland in 2016 (or 2017 if they are deferring their tertiary place); and
- have UQ listed as their 1st or 2nd QTAC preference.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please the detail instruction at the website and application link below.
31 October each year.