SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The China University of Petroleum is accepting applications for Qingdao Government Scholarships. These scholarships are open to new students for pursuing long-term non-degree, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree and doctoral degree programme. The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
What do i need to know about China University of Petroleum
The China University of Petroleum is a university in China. It consists of China University of Petroleum（which located in Qingdao ) and branch school called China University of Petroleum (Beijing), located in Beijing. Both are regarded as the best universities in the field of petroleum related subjects in China. It is placed under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education. It is a Chinese Ministry of Education Double First Class Discipline University, with Double First Class status in certain disciplines
The university, founded in 1953, was known then as Beijing Petroleum Institute. It moved to Dongying, Shandong Province in 1969, with name changed to Huadong Petroleum Institute. In 1988, it was renamed The University of Petroleum consisting of one part in Dongying as the college and one in Beijing as the graduate school. Each gradually developed into universities with both undergraduate and graduate students.
China University of Petroleum specializes in upstream, midstream and downstream petroleum science and engineering, in the overall level of domestic lead. Its five national key specialties are:
- Chemical Engineering and Technology
- Mineral Resources Prospecting and Exploration
- Oil and Gas Well Engineering
- Oil and Gas Storage and Transportation Engineering
- Oil and Gas Field Development Engineering
Scholarships are available for pursuing long-term non-degree, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree and doctoral degree programme to study the subjects offered by the university.
The scholarship is hosted by the University of Petroleum, China.
Scholarship is open to international students who are non-Chinese citizens
These opportunities has value that includes;
- Long-term Non-degree Students: A partial tuition waiver: RMB 10000 in total.
Bachelor’s Degree Students: A partial tuition waiver: RMB 20000 in total, first-year partial tuition waiver: RMB 10000, when passing the annual review, students will have a second-year partial tuition waiver: RMB 10000 and students can apply for current student scholarships.
Master’s Degree Students & Doctoral Degree Students: Living allowance: RMB 30000 in total, three-year living allowance: RMB 10000 per year (RMB 1000/month for 10 months every year) and students can apply university scholarships in the meantime.
The number of offers was not specified.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
Applicants do not have any Chinese government scholarship.
Language proficiency requirement
Long-term non-degree studies should be two academic semesters at least.
- English Language Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree Students: Chinese-instructed applicants must provide HSK-4; English-instructed applicants must provide TOEFL (iBT) 60 or above/IELTS 5.0 or above/English as the instruction language certificate during previous studies.
Master’s/Doctoral Degree Students: Chinese-instructed applicants must provide HSK-4; English-instructed applicants must provide TOEFL (iBT) 80 or above/IELTS 6.0 or above/English as the instruction language certificate during previous studies
- Submit your online application: Register at our International Student Online Application System, fill in online application information, upload application documents and submit it.
- Announce admission results: Admissions Office will announce the admission and scholarship results within 2 weeks after receiving online applications.
- Deliver admission documents: Admissions Office will deliver the admission documents within 2 weeks after the admission and scholarship result announcement. Please provide a post address and contact information to the Admissions Office in prior.
- Make a room reservation and deposit payment: Admissions Office will inform scholarship winners of the room reservation and its deposit payment of RMB1000.00. The winners must pay their room deposits to the accommodation reception in due time in order to finalize their admission and scholarship. The accommodation reception will refund the room deposit on checkout. The room deposit will not be refunded if the winners do not register for enrollment and scholarship for any reasons.
- Registration in due time: Scholarship winners should register at our university in due time. Otherwise, the winners will be considered giving up the admission and scholarship.
The deadline for Qingdao Government Scholarship is 1st July 2018
To access other Chinese scholarships, click on the link
What you need to know about China
- The world’s largest national population, more than 1.3 billion people – 20% of the Earth’s entire population
- More than 90% of the population live in the eastern third of the country
- Full official name is the People’s Republic of China
- Capital city is Beijing, largest city is Shanghai
- Main language is Mandarin Chinese, which has more native speakers than any other language
- The world’s fastest growing and second largest economy, after overtaking Japan in 2011
- Fourth-largest country by area (after Russia, Canada and the US)
- The only country other than Russia and US to have launched a manned space flight; government has set target of establishing a space station by 2020
- Under Communist rule since 1949
- The world’s second-largest oil consumer, after the US
- Very diverse climate – from tropical in the south to subarctic in the northeast
- Chinese cities frequently appear in reports on the world’s most polluted places
About Studying in China
Studying in China is an excellent opportunity to explore the world’s most populous country. You will experience China’s unique blend of ancient and modern civilization.
China’s economic progress in the last 30 years is unprecedented in world history. In just a few decades China has gone from one of the poorest countries in the world to a regional and global leader with a vibrant economy. Since 1980, China’s average annual growth rate was over 10% – more than twice the United States and the European Union. China is now the world’s third largest economy.
China’s cost of living is quite low compared to the United States, Canada, Australia and many parts of Europe. Food products and consumer goods are the least expensive items in China. A meal at a local restaurant for one person could cost one or two dollars.
Getting around in China is convenient and inexpensive thanks to a well-developed and modern transportation infrastructure. All cities are well-served by buses and taxis, and larger cities have modern subway systems.
What are the advantages of studying in China
- A recent economic and industrial hub and driver of global growth thereby attracting students and scholars from all over the world
- The University is located at the Center of China, with good proximity to the commercial hubs in the South and the industrialize East.
- Top quality infrastructural and learning facilities comparable with the very best school in the world.
- Huge pool of international students in the city and cities beyond
- Tuition fees lower than western Europe’s and most Asian countries yet providing quality service and beautiful environment.
- Chance to school and chase your business/trade dreams in the world most dynamic trading center.
- Less stressful admission requirements and process.
- Employment Advantage
- Quality of Education and international Recognition
- Travel and exploration
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.