The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is the federal government agency responsible for developing local human capacity and oil technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry.
Currently, PTDF invites applications from well-qualified candidates for Masters and Doctorate Scholarships abroad in institutions of the United Kingdom-Germany Strategic Partnership Initiative.
Therefore, it is important you apply immediately because applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Hence, this article brings all the information that you need in detail on how to apply for the PTDF Scholarship Program, including the levels, and most importantly, the scholarship application deadline.
Carefully, read this article and apply immediately to be a beneficiary. Below is an overview of what to expect.
- About The Sponsor
- PTDF Scholarship Portal | Website
- PTDF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORMS
- PTDF Overseas Scholarship Application
- PTDF Masters Scholarships 2021
- Eligibility for PTDF Local Scholarships
- PTDF Postgraduate Scholarships Requirements
- How To Apply For The PTDF SCHOLARSHIP
- PTDF Ph.D. Scholarships in 2021
- PTDF Scholarship Past Questions and Answers
- PTDF Scholarship Deadline
- PTDF SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES | PTDF Scholarship list
- PTDF SCHOLARSHIP 2021 FAQ
About The Sponsor
To ensure a steadfast implementation of this mandate, PTDF is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas and in-country MSc and Ph.D. Scholarships. Awards will be granted for studies in the 2021-2022 academic session in the United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, France (through Campus France), Top Institutions in the United States of America as well as Federal Universities and Centres of Excellence in Nigeria.
PTDF Scholarship Portal | Website
The official ptdf scholarship portal is the online platform where every MSc or Ph.D. student who wishes to apply for this scholarship can access the ptdf application form. See the link below.
PTDF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORMS
PTDF Scholarship Application forms can be accessed online HERE using an ATM (Interswitch, Master & Visa) card or through the purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the 36 States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only).
Instructions on how to access the form online are clearly stated on the backside of the cards.
Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements below shall be shortlisted and invited for a Computer-Based Aptitude Test, in the case of MSc applicants, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD applicants (full time and Split-site) on dates to be announced later.
Following the aptitude tests and interview, successful candidates will be selected and awarded the PTDF Scholarship.
For more information onThe Split-Site PhD Programme please click on this link.
PTDF Overseas Scholarship Application
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected. The 2021/2022 PTDF scholarship received 19,232 applications. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria;
Applicants for OSS must be in possession of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)(USA)
- G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA)
- GMAT –for Management related courses (USA)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK
PTDF Masters Scholarships 2021
- Under this scheme, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programs at the partner institutions in any of the countries (full list of sponsored courses is available below).
- The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
- The programs will also include language classes to aid scholars to settle into their new environments.
Eligibility for PTDF Local Scholarships
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria:
PTDF Postgraduate Scholarships Requirements
Level/Field Of Study
For 2020, the scholarships will be restricted to select courses (available on the PTDF website)
The study centers for the scholarship awards are universities in the United Kingdom, China, Germany, France, and the United States.
This scholarship is available to Nigerian students
How To Apply For The PTDF SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants are advised to read through the requirements in the link below before applying.
Click the link below:
PTDF Ph.D. Scholarships in 2021
Documents to Scan and Attach to the Application Form
Applicants are advised to scan the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
# First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result;
# NYSC discharge certificate;
# WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results;
# 2 Recent Passport Photographs;
# Local Government Identification Letter;
# Masters’ Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only); and
# Admission Letter (PhD Applicants).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE POSSESSION OF A VALID UNIVERSITY ADMISSION LETTER IS COMPULSORY FOR LSS (UNDERGRADUATES, MSC & PhD) APPLICANTS.
List of Approved Courses for Sponsorship | ptdf scholarship courses
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under-listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK, Germany, Brazil, France and the United States that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship.
The PTDF Local Scholarship Scheme applicants can apply to all Federal Universities and Centre of Excellence in courses relevant to the Oil & Gas Industry.
PTDF MSc Approved Courses
# DOWNSTREAM OPERATIONS: REFINING, TRANSPORTATION AND MARKETING
# UPSTREAM EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION OF CONVENTIONAL AND UNCONVENTIONAL ENERGY RESOURCES.
# GAS ENGINEERING INNOVATIONS
# INNOVATIONS AND SOLUTIONS FOR NEW RENEWABLE ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES
# MULTIDISCIPLINARY ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
PTDF Scholarship Past Questions and Answers
If you are preparing for this PTDF scholarship exams, you should know that ;The PTDF Exam is handled by Flexisaf with questions for Local Undergraduate Awards, Local M.Sc Awards, Oversea M.Sc, and Ph.D. Awards all drawn from Nigerian and major landmarks in foreign current affairs, issues in the oil and gas sector, and recently English language for part 1. Part 2 has to do with your course of study in relation to oil and gas. below are sample questions you can look up to point you in the right direction.
Part I: General paper (50 Objective Questions)
- Basic English
- Simple statistics,
- Quadratic equations,
- Word problems in mathematics
EXCERPTS OF 2017/2018 PTDF EXAM QUESTIONS
- If you demur during a discussion, you
a. raise an objection.
b. make a good point.
c. make an embarrassing remark
d. say something that insults someone.
- If you stymie someone’s plans, you
a. copy those plans.
b. change those plans.
c. Cancel those plans.
d. obstruct those plans.
- Something that is biased and not impartial is referred to as
For questions, choose the best synonym for each vocabulary word.
- A harrowing experience is
a. mundane and boring.
b. distressing and upsetting.
c. sensual and romantic.
d. happy and joyful.
- An ineluctable consequence
a. cannot be avoided.
b. is not desirable.
c. would not be anticipated.
d. can be avoided.
- An exigent medical condition would
a. affect the extremities.
b. be slow to develop.
c. be commonplace and of little concern.
d. require immediate attention.
EXCERPTS OF 2016/2017 PTDF EXAM QUESTIONS
(1) The villagers told him to cut the cackle and come to the horses
- Start his narration from the beginning
- Forget the essential and go into the heart of the matter
- Prepare for war instead of making peace
- To stop wasting their time with excuses
(2) He is the best in his team. he practiced so hard for the relay race. He pulled a muscle, unfortunately, his team lost
- He was beaten by his mates
- He was booed by the fans
- His game-master scolded him
- He was unhappy
(3)Ropes are made from strands
(4) To him, achieving the goals was squaring the circle
(5) We heard much about the professor. We all expected him. He taught and muted and nobody heard what he said
- We all shouted at him
- We shut him up
- We went home disappointed
- We slept off
EXCERPTS OF 2013/2014 PTDF EXAM
GENERAL PAPER SAMPLE QUESTIONS
(1) Who is the African footballer of the year 2012?
- Didier Drogba
- Mikel Obi
- Yaya Toure
- Samuel Eto’o
- Asamoah Gyan
(2) How many numbers of states were first created in Nigeria?
- 12 states
- 19 states
- 21 states
- 7 states
- 30 states
(3) When did the attack on the World Trade Centre take place in?
- 12th August 2001
- 12th September 2001
- 21st August 2001
- 11th September 2001
- 31st August 2001
For more of the questions and answers, click on the following link
PTDF Scholarship Deadline
Application for the 2021/2022 PTDF Scholarship Is Currently Ongoing. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 17TH FEBUARY 2021.
PTDF SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES | PTDF Scholarship list
It will please you to know that the Official List for the 2021/2022 PTDF Scholarship Award for Local and Overseas has been released Kindly Check the Link below to see the Official List as stated by the PTDF scholarship Award body
Please Note That
1) Candidates who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same type of program, except for a higher program;
2) Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
PTDF SCHOLARSHIP 2021 FAQ
What is PTDF scholarship?
The PTDF overseas Scholarship Scheme is an annual programme for MSc and PhD studies. The purpose is to provide Nigerian students with the intellectual foundation and skill set that will enable them to participate actively in Nigeria’s oil and gas industry at the conclusion of their studies.Mar 8
What is PTDF all about?
The major purpose of the establishment of the PTDF is to develop and promote petroleum technology in addition to creating the human resource needs of the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians.
What does PTDF stand for?
PTDF – Petroleum Technology Development Fund.
What is the Value of the scholarship?
This is a Full scholarship.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.