Last updated on February 13th, 2018 at 02:56 pm
Great opportunity for students in Africa and Asia Continents. The PROVIA Visiting Fellowship Program in Bangladesh, Ghana and China is a great opportunity for a research on Climate Change. Are you a student passionate about the world’s Climate and how it affects the Ecosystem? PROVIA Visiting Fellow will spend four weeks for residential programme at the host institution in Bangladesh, Ghana and China. Up to five awards will be given. Each of those covers living allowance and travel cost for the duration of the program.
World Climate is a big discussion in United nation general assembly. Experts from across the world are invited to provide solutions to the world problem. I know am speaking to someone right? Imagine if you are the one.
See Your passion can drive you around the world. This is an opportunity that can make you dreams come true.
PROVA, in partnership with START, introduces a new and exciting opportunity for young professionals and researchers to engage in PROVIA through the PROVIA Visiting Fellows Programme. This PROVIA Visiting Fellowship Programme announcement is for the programme’s inaugural round, and invites young professionals and researchers from Africa and Asia to apply.
PROVIA Visiting Fellowship provides travel (airfare, visa application fee, and airport transfer) and accommodation (housing, daily subsistence allowance) expenses for this fellowship will be covered. Also, Fellows are expected to attend the May 2016 Adaptation Futures Conference in Rotterdam. Fellows’ cost of attendance and conference fees will be covered as part of the fellowship. Mentorship will be provided for an additional six months upon the fellow’s return home.
Level/Field of Study:
This is a four weeks residential programme for research in climate change.
The program will be taken in Bangladesh, Ghana and China.
African and Asian students are eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
PROVIA Visiting Fellowship Program Requirements:
- The PROVIA Visiting Fellowship Programme is open to professionals and researchers whose work involves designing, implementing, or promoting adaptation solutions.
- Professional candidates must have at least a Master’s degree in a field related to climate change VIA (e.g. geography, environmental management, environmental policy and economics, climate science, etc.) and 3 years of research or related work experience in adaptation at the time of application.
- Preference will be given to early career professionals and researchers (i.e. those under 35 years age who have received graduate degrees [Master’s or PhD] within the last 5 years).
- The applicant should be able to fully participate in the fellowship as described above.
- The applicant must select a research theme (see application form) and present a corresponding research idea that addresses an emerging issue regarding adaptation solutions. The thesis or goal, objectives, methods, and what stakeholders will be engaged with (if any) must be clearly articulated.
- The expected research and communications outputs must be described.
- The applicant should specify who the target audience for each output is, and if the output will be research-based, such as a journal article, or policy/practice-oriented.
- Each fellow is eligible for up to $1500 in research project funding, to be used in the production of research and communications outputs. The applicant must prepare a simple budget and budget justification for up to $1500, demonstrating how these funds would be used to produce the proposed outputs.
- Selected candidates must possess valid medical insurance for the duration of their stay at the host institution, expiring no less than one month after their return home.
How Best to Apply for the Scholarship:
Please learn the detail instruction at the website and application link below.