SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Postdoctoral fellowship offers, funded by the Brain-Behaviour Unit of the University of Cape Town in South Africa is currently available,Applicants are advised to take advantage of this opportunity. The fellowship is available for South African students who intends to pursue research in the areas of psychiatric neurogenetics, neuroimaging, or neuro-development.
The University of Cape Town (UCT) is South Africa’s oldest university and is one of Africa’s leading teaching and research institutions. UCT’s success can be can be measured by the scope of study it offers and the calibre of its graduates.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue a postdoctoral degree.
Study Subject: The Fellowship is awarded in the areas of psychiatric neurogenetics, neuroimaging, or neuro-development.
Scholarship Award: The value of the fellowship is R200 000, but may vary according to training and professional background.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- This fellowship is available only to individuals who have achieved the postdoctoral degree within the past 5 years.
- Applicants may not previously have held full-time permanent professional or academic posts
- Fellowships are awarded for one year. Applications for renewal for one further year will be considered.
- The fellowship must be taken up as soon as possible.
- There are no fringe benefits, thus, the successful candidate is responsible for his or her own medical aid and insurance arrangements. Tax-free status will be arranged with the South African Revenue Services.
- The successful incumbent will be required to comply with the University’s approved policies, procedures and practices for the postdoctoral sector.
Nationality: South African applicants are eligible for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a postdoctoral degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- A cover letter
- Application form – attached below
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of academic transcripts
- To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single PDF file to Ms Nadia Hoffman at nadia.hoffman-at-uct.ac.za.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 31, 2017.