Scholarship offers are currently available for PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship Programme in Malaysia.
The scholarship is an annual offer to a maximum of twenty applicants, to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies locally.
The programme aims to reach out to deserving Malaysians who are in need of financial aid to pursue their education.
PIDM is a Government agency under Akta Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (Malaysia Deposit Insurance Corporation Act).
PIDM was set up in 2005 to administer the Deposit Insurance System (DIS) aimed at protecting depositors.
The PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship offers are available for pursuing an array of subject areas in the undergraduate programme.
Field of study:
These scholarships remain valid for candidates interested in pursuing courses in the following fields;
- Business Administration
- International Business
- Islamic Banking
- Financial Banking and Management
- Computer Science / Information Technology
- International Financial Economics
- Actuarial Science
- Law / Shariah Law
- Human Resource Management / Human Resource Development
- Mathematics (Actuary)
- Risk Management and Insurance
As a beneficiary of the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship, you’re entitled to certain benefits such as;
- RM10,000 a year in course fees or the actual cost.
- Up to RM2,000 in allowances for learning aids including books, computer, stationeries and other materials per semester or up to RM4,000 per year.
- Up to a maximum of RM6,000 allowance per year or RM500 per month;
There will be no bond to this scholarship and the recipients are not to repay the amount of scholarship.
- Induction Programme
An induction programme will be provided to all recipients of the PIDM Scholarship Award. This is to ensure the recipients understand the mandate, vision, mission and values of PIDM.
- Mentoring and Coaching
Each recipient will be assigned a “mentor” from the Senior Management team. The mentor will provide consistent and continuous mentoring and coaching throughout the programme. This is to ensure that the recipients have the necessary support and are able to leverage on the experience of our management team.
- Internship Programme
As part of the strategic design of the programme, graduates will be offered paid six-month internship opportunities in PIDM to apply what they have learned in an operational context (subject to a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations).
In summary, the programme will cover the above fees and allowance up to a maximum of RM20,000 per person per annum.
During the period of internship with PIDM, each recipient will receive a monthly allowance of RM1,000 for a six-month period.
Place of Study
The country of study for candidates under the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship is Malaysia and the following institutions are available;
PUBLIC HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan
PRIVATE HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK)
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
- Universiti Industri Selangor (UNISEL)
- Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC)
- UNITAR International University (UNITAR)
A maximum of twenty successful applicants will be taken under the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
All Malaysian students are eligible to apply.
Certain prerequisites need to be adhered to in order to become a beneficiary of the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship such as;
The list of prerequisites includes:
- A requirement to provide information on income for the applicant and/or parent(s);
- The offer of scholarship will be subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions of a scholarship agreement with PIDM;
- Recipients of the scholarship award will be required to fulfil conditions as set out in the scholarship agreement including, but not limited to, maintaining a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or achieve a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations.
To be eligible for the PIDM Local Undergraduate SCholarship Programme;
- You must be a Malaysian citizen under 25 years of age (as of 1 January 2018) and be a full-time student;
- The candidate must have good academic results in SPM (minimum 5As with credits in Bahasa Malaysia and English) /STPM or A-Level equivalent (minimum 2As). In the absence of STPM or A-Levels, the applicant should possess Pre-University entrance examinations (such as foundation, matriculation, or diploma) with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50 and above.
- You must be a full-time student and have admission into any of the courses of studies in a college or university in Malaysia.
- The candidate must not be in a position to take on the course without financial aid or award.
- The candidate must not be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation.
- You must not have been terminated from or ceased to be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation, due to disciplinary action against the applicant
- Applications will only be considered if they meet the eligibility criteria; the specific field of study and the list of colleges and universities as approved by PIDM.
- Be unable to continue his or her studies, for whatever reason;
- Fail to achieve a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) and Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 in any semester;
- Fail to maintain conduct which is consistent with the rules and regulations specified by the college or university and is placed on probation; or
- Is in breach of any of the terms and conditions of the PIDM scholarship agreement.
The application deadline for applicants interested in the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship is 15th April 2019.
You may submit your application prior to receiving your acceptance by one of the PIDM approved list of colleges and universities. However, any offer of scholarship will be conditional upon you meeting all necessary conditions and upon securing admission into one of the eligible programs.
How to Apply:
Please submit your completed application online together with all relevant supporting documentation. You can begin this by clicking Online Application
Get additional information through the Scholarship Link
If you have any further enquiries, please direct it to the email address at: [email protected] or alternatively you may contact Ms. Beatrice Low at 03-2173 7475
WE DULY RECOMMEND
- 3D Printing Student Grant 2019-2020 | Updated
- West Virginia (WV) Promise Scholarship 2019
- Total/NNPC International Masters Scholarships 2019/2020 for Nigerian Students
- Brighton University Forward Bound Scholarships 2019/2020
- GEM Fellowship Programs 2017
- Scholarships For Women Deliver Conference In Canada 2019
- Adventist University Brempong Owusu-Anwti Graduate Scholarship in Africa, 2017
- Wells Mountain Education Undergraduate Scholarship Program for Developing Countries 2019
- Fully Funded ISE Undergraduate Scholarship for Foreign Students in Thailand, 2019
- CIA Scholarship Program 2019-2020 | In USA