SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Philip R. Shawe Scholarship Competition
The Phillip R. Shawe has developed the Philip R. Shawe Scholarship Competition, a writing and oratorical contest focusing on a controversial corporate law. The contest is open to second and third-year law students to compete for scholarship funds by developing a cogently written argument (no more than a 15-page brief). The challenge is asking contestants to write an argument to be heard by the United States Supreme Court reversing a decision by the Delaware Supreme Court. Awards will be given to the top three students, first place will be awarded $65,000, second place $25,000, and third place $10,000.
Phillip R. Shawe is the co-CEO of Trans Perfect Translation Company, the largest privately held translation company in the world, with nearly 4000 employees and 100 offices globally. Mr. Shawe has been involved in a lawsuit with his co-founder Elizabeth Elting, who is seeking to force a sale of the entire company as a remedy for her complaints.Phil Shawe and Elizabeth Elting both began TransPerfect together in 1992.
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- All second- and third-year law school students, focuses on the TransPerfect case, (In reTransPerfect Global, Inc.,” Civil Action No. 9700-CB and “Elizabeth Elting v. Philip R. Shawe, et al.” Civil Action No. 10449-CB) in which the Delaware Chancery Court,
- An oral defense of the reversal of the Delaware Supreme Court’s affirmance of Chancellor Bouchard
- The contestants will assume that the case is being heard before the United States Supreme Court.
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can submit online application through the given link: https://philshawechallenge.wufoo.com/forms/zox8h760usyn7q/
- Essays should be written double-spaced in Times New Roman, 12-point font. Margins should be 1-inch on all sides. Citations should be done in accordance with Bluebook rules.
- All submissions shall become the property of the competition and Philip R. Shawe and may be published on the internet.
- A cogently written argument (no more than a 15-page brief)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Philip Shawe Scholarships will be awarded after the oral competition.$1, 00,000Scholarships will be given in the following amounts:
- First place: $65,000
- Second place: $25,000
- Third place: $10,000
The application submission deadline is due on April 20, 2017, at 11:59 pm, and finalist will be announced on May 2017.
Link for More Information: