The Deakin University is inviting applications for a scholarship from students in Australia. Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme in Australia.
The aim of the project is to develop a novel sizing agent for carbon fibre to improve the properties of composite materials.
Deakin University is an Australian public university with approximately 53,000 higher education students. Deakin received the highest rating possible for its research in Macromolecular and Materials Chemistry, Environmental Science and Management, Zoology, Materials Engineering, Human Movement and Sports Science, Medical Microbiology, Neurosciences, Nutrition and Dietetics, Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences and Medical Physiology.
Course Level: This Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded within the topic “New Sizing Agents for Carbon Fibre”.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship offers:
- A stipend of $26,682 per annum tax exempt (2017 rate)
- A relocation allowance up to $1,500 (2017 rate) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- Paid sick, maternity and parental leave
- Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for international students for the duration of 4 years.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Successful applicants must have achieved a first class Honours degree or equivalent. Please refer to the entry pathways to higher degrees by research for further information.
- Awards are only available to those who will be undertaking a Masters or Doctoral degree full?time in 2017 and have applied for, or are currently enrolled in, a higher degree by research.
- Applicants who have commenced their graduate research degree must have at least 12 months full-time or equivalent candidature remaining.
- Additional Eligibility requirements:
- Previous experience in synthetic organic chemistry preferred.
- Sound knowledge of polymer chemistry.
- Knowledge of key techniques such as NMR, FTIR, MS, viscosity determination, strength testing.
Nationality: Australian applicants can apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have achieved a first class Honours degree in order to apply.
How to Apply: Please apply using the expression of interest form.
Application Deadline: Scholarship is application deadline is July 1, 2017.