The University of Hull is happy to announce PhD Studentship in Enhancing Fish and Eel Migration in Rivers through Flow Field Optimisation at Control and Pumping Stations. This studentship is available for UK/EU and international students.
The University of Hull was established in 1927 and opened its doors one year later to an initial cohort of just 39 students and 14 departments, all operating out of a single building.
Originally an outpost of the University of London, the then University College Hull offered courses in the arts and pure sciences, before becoming an independent institution (and Yorkshire’s third university) in 1954.
Today, it offers over 2,000 courses to 18,000 students across six faculties, with its academic portfolio comprising 50 disciplines in the arts and humanities, business, education, health, the sciences and the social sciences.
Courses are split between two campuses, with the main one located two miles north of Hull city centre in leafy, redbrick surrounds. Its second campus is in the seaside town of Scarborough, 40 miles from Hull and within an hour’s drive of the city of York.
A £28-million refurbishment of the university’s Brynmor Jones Library was recently finalised with other redevelopments underway: a further £70 million is being invested in a performance and concert venue, new student accommodation and a revolutionary ‘health hub’ for medical training.
The university is home to plenty of green open space, bars, coffee shops, gardens and plazas, as well as its award-winning, on-campus nightclub, Asylum, which hosts concerts and live music events.
Away from the campus, Hull is a cultural hotspot, home to festivals, art galleries, theatre companies, and live comedy and music venues. In 2017, Hull becomes the UK’s City of Culture when a year-long programme of festivities takes place. In the same year it will also host the Turner Prize – one of the biggest events in British art.
What You Need To Know About The PhD Scholarship at the University of Hull in the UK
Level / Field of Study:
Scholarships are available to study PhD programme at the University of Hull in the UK
Scholarship is be taken in UK University of Hull. If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
This scholarship is available for international students.. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Full-time UK/EU PhD Scholarships will include fees at the ‘home/EU’ student rate and maintenance (£14,777 in 2018/19) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress.
Full-time International Fee PhD Studentships will include full fees at the International student rate for three years, dependent on satisfactory progress.
PhD Scholarship at University of Hull in UK Eligibility:
Applicants should be highly motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic and have:
- Applicants should have at least a 2.1 undergraduate degree in a relevant subject. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will have a 1stclass undergraduate degree or Masters level qualification.
- Hold a current driving licence as the role requires field site visits.
- Excellent writing and fluency in English is expected.
- Candidates will be required to work flexible hours in remote locations in the UK and other countries.
- Prospective students are expected to pursue independent research and work effectively with colleagues to contribute to cluster research goals.
How to Apply The PhD Scholarship at University of Hull in UK
- Applying online means you can to track the progress of your application and upload supporting documents.Create a MyAdmin account and choose ‘Postgraduate Applicant – Create a Postgraduate Account’. If you are a current or returning student, you can use your existing account.
Scholarship Link Scholarship Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Copy linkInternational Postdoctoral Humanities Fellowship At Columbia University 2018/2019 in USA
- Copy linkAQM/Data Sets Studentship for UK and EU Students in UK, 2018
- Copy link2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships – APPLY NOW
- Copy link2018 Newton International Fellowships for Early-Career Scientists
- Copy linkStudy in University: of Oklahoma Admission, Courses Offered Tuition Fee, Ranking
- Copy linkUniversity of Cambridge PhD Studentship for EU Students, UK, 2018
- Copy linkEuropean Commission STARTS Prize to Brussels and Netherlands 2018
- Copy linkGoethe-Zentrum Kampala/ UGCS Grant programs for Ugandans 2018
- Copy linkLocal Community Programs Funding: Two Pomona College Juniors Receive Public Service Scholarships