Securing admission into the Best Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Bangalore or elsewhere in India is a daunting task as the number of colleges offering this particular course is far fewer than you can imagine.
But no need to worry, this writing is targeted at helping you everything about Petroleum Engineering, as well as a list of the Best Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Bangalore.
- About Bangalore
- About Petroleum Engineering Degree
- What Subjects do I need to Study Petroleum Engineering in Bangalore?
- How long does it take to study Petroleum Engineering in Bangalore?
- General Eligible Criteria for Petroleum Engineering in Bangalore
- Admission Procedures for Petroleum Engineering in Bangalore
- Where do Petroleum Engineers work in Bangalore?
- What are the Career Opportunities for Petroleum Engineering in India?
- How much are Petroleum Engineers paid in Bangalore?
- Petroleum engineering colleges in Bangalore
- Presidency University, Bangalore
- Admission Requirements for B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering at the Presidency University
- Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Bangalore – FAQs
Bangalore is the city with many prestigious colleges and universities. Bangalore or Bengaluru is known for its engineering schools and IT industry and the city is one of the dream destinations for engineering aspirants.
About Petroleum Engineering Degree
The petroleum engineering degree is a bachelor’s degree in engineering that covers topics related to the production of hydrocarbons. For laypeople, hydrocarbons include crude oil and natural gas. Petroleum engineering specifically examines the properties of oil, gas and water and this helps in the exploration and processing of crude oils into petroleum products.
B. Tech in Petroleum Engineering is a professional degree that trains students to become petroleum engineers who can design and develop methods for extracting oil and natural gas using methods such as mining and drilling, etc.
Engineers are also expected to develop methods of processing these natural gases and oil extracts to separate them into different products that can be used by end users. Petroleum engineering students are also trained to safely transport petroleum products as they can be flammable.
At the higher level, one can specialize in one of these two specializations:
Petroleum Upstream Engineering: This aspect of petroleum engineering focuses on the exploration and extraction of raw materials such as crude oil and natural gas. This phase also includes the safe and effective transportation of petroleum-based raw materials.
Petroleum downstream engineering: this aspect of petroleum engineering focuses on refining the raw material and manufacturing petroleum-based products.
What Subjects do I need to Study Petroleum Engineering in Bangalore?
Some of the topics dealt with during petroleum engineering are math, physics, chemistry, geology, economics, thermodynamics, and others. Based on these main subjects, students are taught geophysics, petroleum geology, formation assessment, drilling, economics, reservoir simulation, reservoir technology, well construction, artificial lifting systems, etc.
It is definitely one of the most challenging areas of engineering, but it is worth the hard work as career opportunities can be good.
How long does it take to study Petroleum Engineering in Bangalore?
Petroleum Engineering is a 4-year basic course that includes theoretical courses as well as practical training and project work.
As a rule, engineering courses are not offered remotely because they involve a lot of practical work that can only be done in full-time mode.
General Eligible Criteria for Petroleum Engineering in Bangalore
Petroleum engineering is an extremely challenging course, perhaps more than any other area of technology. Therefore, the admission criteria are quite high.
Potential candidates must complete a 10 + 2 upper secondary level from a recognized state, national or international board.
In addition, they have to choose mathematics, physics, and chemistry in upper secondary education. The minimum number of points that must be achieved is a total of 60%. Depending on the university, the minimum number of points can be up to 80%.
Admission Procedures for Petroleum Engineering in Bangalore
Admission to petroleum engineering takes place through admission tests at the national, state, or university level. This course is offered by a limited number of universities and most of them accept UPESEAT as an admission test.
The standard admission procedure for the Petroleum Engineering College in Bangalore or elsewhere in India is as follows.
- Download the admission form from the university website / collect the admission form from the university campus
- Fill out the full form with detailed information and attach copies of all relevant documents required by the university or college. This usually includes proof of education, proof of identity, proof of birth, etc.
- Application for a corresponding entrance examination in accordance with the requirements of the university or college. Some of the usual entrance exams are listed below.
- JEE Main
- UPESEAT (University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES))
- Wait for the performance list based on the results of the entrance exam. Most universities draw up a list of achievements exclusively on the basis of the entrance examination. Therefore, performance in the entrance exam is the key to admission.
- If requested by the university, you will appear for a personal interview, followed by a consultation. All original documents should be presented during the consultation to ensure approval. Some universities may not have a personal interview or counseling session.
Where do Petroleum Engineers work in Bangalore?
Petroleum engineering appears to be a very focused industry with a narrow scope, but there are several different options for petroleum engineers. Obviously, the largest volume is in an oil refinery. Apart from that, one can work in the exploration and production of crude oil.
With regard to extraction techniques, there is a certain scope for research and development in this area. Engineers are also needed in the chemical industry, which produces petroleum-based products such as fertilizers and plastics.
Some pharmaceutical companies manufacture petroleum-based products, such as medical-grade rubber, and therefore also employ petroleum engineers.
Overall, you can work as a petroleum engineer in various industries. These industries currently employ petroleum engineers in India:
- petroleum companies
- Chemical industry
- Research centers
- government company
What are the Career Opportunities for Petroleum Engineering in India?
Petroleum engineers can be so much more than just an engineer. As they advance their careers and specialize in their field through more experience, they can do a number of different types of jobs, including managerial jobs. Some of the profiles that a petroleum engineering graduate can have are:
- Chemist and materials scientist
- Chief petroleum engineer
- drilling engineer
- Earth scientist
- Industrial engineers
- Natural gas modelling and simulation engineer
- Offshore drilling engineer
- petroleum engineer
- Pipeline transportation engineer
- PNG, CNG operations and sales engineer
- production engineer
- refinery manager
- Reservoir Engineer
How much are Petroleum Engineers paid in Bangalore?
Petroleum engineering is one of the niche fields in which graduates can expect very good pay right from the start. At the entry-level, petroleum engineers can claim Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000 per month.
If they gain more experience and push the career ladder upwards, they can expect significant increases in salaries. The average salary of an oil engineer in India is currently Rs 6.99.027 per year. This corresponds to a monthly salary of around Rs 58,000.
This means that most petroleum engineers are employed at higher levels because they have received such a monthly allowance. This also means that there is good growth potential in this area.
In the Gulf States, the amount a graduate can earn is exponentially higher and tends to vary from country to country.
Petroleum engineering colleges in Bangalore
Petroleum engineering is a unique course that is becoming increasingly popular in India. However, this course includes practical units and industry visits are a must for those studying this course.
Therefore, it is only offered by Indian universities located in cities where such facilities are accessible. Without a solid practical background, graduates in this area may not be successful.
Therefore, it is advisable that candidates choose the best universities that offer the best infrastructure to complete this course in a healthy way.
However, there is only one university that is certified to offer Petroleum Engineering courses in Bangalore.
The Presidency University is the only institute in Bangalore to offer this course. There is no doubt and it is the only presidential university in Bangalore.
The Presidency University was founded in 2013 in Bangalore, Karnataka. The university is recognized by the UGC. The university was founded with the aim of offering high-quality training in technology and management.
The Department of Petroleum Engineering at Presidency University is dedicated to teaching and research in upstream and downstream areas of petroleum engineering.
The department offers the first-degree program with a modular structure and various flexibilities, including electives, components of industrial practice, etc.
The curriculum provides a broad foundation for the students. Students must improve their conceptual knowledge and skills in engineering through exploration, drilling, reservoir, production, surface operations and management courses under the guidance of experienced faculties.
Students have the opportunity to learn various courses that are useful for research and can, therefore, complete a higher education, as well as a chance to enter the research and development (R&D) sectors of the industry.
Admission Requirements for B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering at the Presidency University
- Pre-university / higher secondary level / 10 + 2 exam Pass physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects as well as chemistry / biotechnology / biology / technical professional subject
- Achieved at least 45% in the above subjects (40% for applicants in the Reserved category)
- Published for JEE (Main); JEE (advanced);
Karnataka CET; COMED-K; PUEET-2020 or another state entrance exam.
- The Presidency University is one of the eight best universities in India due to the best academic universities and universities with high quality infrastructure
- Review of higher education.
Tuition Fees: ₹8.4 LAKHS
Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Bangalore – FAQs
Which is the best college for petroleum engineering in India?
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), UttarPradesh.
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun.
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU), Gandhinagar.
Universities of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun.
Is Petroleum Engineering a good career in India?
Petroleum Engineering is one of the most interesting and rewarding career opportunities available to engineering students in India. The rising scarcity of petroleum products coupled with expansion in search operations for new petroleum sources has brought the field again in the limelight.
Which country pays petroleum engineers the most?
Denmark Average annual salary $171000 (USD)
Netherland Average annual salary $180000 (USD)
Although petroleum engineering is a risky area for entry into foreign countries where the sustainable energy movement has developed as an evolving economy, India remains heavily dependent on non-renewable energies including petroleum-based energy.
Therefore, this field is still strong in Bangalore and in India as a whole and it is expected to continue to boom for a few more decades. Given the salary prospects and the demand for petroleum engineers, petroleum engineering is a promising field in India.
If you have the aptitude and commitment to study this area and one of the petroleum engineering colleges in Bangalore and India, you are sure of growth and prosperity in this area.
- www.bangaloreeducation.com › engineering › Petroche…
- presidencyuniversity.in › program › petroleum-enginee…
- campushunt.in › blog › best-b-tech-petroleum-engineer…
- www.campusoption.com › … › Bangalore
- www.allschoolscolleges.com › engineering › petroleum…
- 10 Best Petroleum Engineering Colleges in India
- 15 Best Petroleum Engineering Schools in the World
- Petroleum Engineering Gus Archie Undergraduate Scholarships
- Best Accredited Petroleum Engineering Schools in Florida