The Petroleum Training Education Fund (PETROFUND) offers scholarships in the field of petroleum engineering and petroleum geosciences to Namibian students.
The Board of Trustees of the Petroleum Training and Education Fund, an institution established to build capacity for the petroleum exploration and production industry. The Scholarship is designed to help students pursuing their Masters and Undergraduate Programme. The Opportunity promises a
The scholarship is awarded for one academic year only but can be renewed each year if satisfactory progress has been made. Full-time applicants wishing to study oil and gas receive financial support.
Types of Scholarships:
The following scholarships are available to high performing and motivated students intending to undertake full-time studies in the following fields only:
Petrofund Funded Scholarships:
- BSc. Education (Mathematics and Science) SADC region only
- BSc. Engineering (all fields) in the SADC region only
- BSc. Honors: Geology in the SADC region for 1 year only (January Intake)
- MSc. Oil and Gas Taxation for 1 year only (September intake).
The Scholarships should be applied by clicking on Apply Now
Chevening/Petrofund Joint Scholarship:
- MSc.: Oil and Gas Accounting, 1 year only.
- MSc.: Oil and Gas Law 1 year only offered.
Jointly with Chevening Scholarship. Applications must be made via the Chevening website: http://www.chevening.org/namibia/
Applicants are reminded that applications for courses other than named above will not be considered.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is open to students pursuing an undergraduate or masters degree in Engineering, Geography, Mathematics, Science, and Technology.
The Government of the Republic of Namibia established the Petroleum Fund for Training and Education (PETROFUND) in 1993 in recognition of the shortage of skilled personnel in the oil exploration and production sector in Namibia.
They also provide training in the fields of science and information technology through scholarships and the creation of educational support institutions.
This PETROFUND Scholarship 2020 is open to only Namibian citizens.
Successful applicants of PETROFUND Scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- Registration and tuition fees directly to the educational institution.
- Accommodation and lodging at the educational institution (private accommodation cannot exceed the starting prices).
- Allowance for books and stationery.
- Travel allowance (between the city of origin and university).
- Pocket money allowance.
To qualify for the PETROFUND Scholarships, interested applicants must adhere to the following:
- Applicants must be Namibian citizens.
- The academic performance must be satisfactory.
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in the following fields: Engineering, Geography, Mathematics, Science and Technology.
- A change of study requires a new scholarship application.
- Fellows, once graduated, must work in Namibia for the same number of years, provided that jobs are available. Total or partial non-compliance with this condition requires the repayment of all or part of the stock exchange, with interest being calculated at market rates.
- Fellows must submit at least two progress reports each year (or more, if necessary) of their academic results.
The award of these PETROFUND Scholarships depends on the performance potential and needs of the student.
A legal and binding contract between PETROFUND and the student will be signed.
The deadline for application is September 30.
For more information and how to apply for the PETROFUND Scholarship 2020, interested applicants should visit the link below:
- Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship
- Macquarie University Africa Development Scholarship in Australia
- KC Kuok Scholarship for International Students in Australia
- UKNEST Scholarships for Undergraduate Degree in Science & Engineering