Pernod Ricard Fellowship 2020 for African Artists
Pernod Ricard and Villa Vassilieff are pleased to announce the continuation of the Pernod Ricard Fellowship 2020 for the fifth year in a row.
Each year, an Artistic Committee invites 4 international fellows (artists, curators and researchers) to spend three months on a research proposal.
The Pernod Ricard Fellowship sees itself as a research and artistic platform experimenting non-linear models of knowledge generation and dissemination to stimulate diverse connections between researchers, contemporary artists, cultural institutions, non-profit organizations and the general public.
Inheriting the cosmopolitan and sociable spirit of the historical studio, the art academy and artists’ cantina founded and directed by Marie Vassilieff in the heart of Montparnasse, the fellows enjoy a tailored support, special meetings with local or international researchers and arts professionals relevant to their needs, and access an extensive network of institutions in France and abroad, such as the Center Pompidou (a long-term privileged partner of Pernod Ricard and Bétonsalon – Center for Art and Research).
Level/Field of Study
This Pernod Ricard Scholarship 2020 is a Short course program that is research-based.
The Pernod Ricard Fellowship 2020 will take place in Paris, France.
Fellows (artists, curators and researchers) will be invited by an artistic committee to spend three months on a research proposal.
Applicants can read more about the Pernod Ricard Fellowship 2020 below:
Four recipients, one from each region will receive the following benefits:
- A three-month stay in a private studio at Villa Vassilieff.
- A grant of 6000 euros to cover the cost of living in Paris.
- 1 or 2 return flights to Paris.
- A grant of 5000 euros for production and research.
- A tailor-made program for meetings and visits.
- Access to unexplored resources.
- An exceptional network of collaborators, with the Centre Pompidou as its main partner.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a proposal including the following before the deadline:
- A brief overview of a research project to be developed in Paris.
-Please give a brief artistic explanation to present your practice (300 words maximum).
– Describe a proposal for a research program to be developed at Villa Vassilieff (500 words maximum).
– Please describe some resources and contacts that you want to activate during your research (500 words maximum).
- Please group all the answers into a single PDF document.
- Documentation of previous work (portfolio, PDF format max. 50 MB)
- Bio (maximum of 300 words) + CV
- Your availabilities in 2020 to be in Paris for the residency. You must be free for at least 3 months a year to be selected for the residency program.
The application must be sent by email to the address below: [email protected]
Subject: Pernod Ricard Fellowship application
The deadline for submission of the Pernod Ricard Scholarship Application is April 30, Annually.
For more information on the Pernod Ricard Scholarship 2020, applicants should visit the link below: