Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation Scholarship
The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation (PBTF) is delighted to announce its College Scholarship Program. High school seniors, high school graduates starting college and college students who are attending an accredited academic institution in U.S. are eligible to apply. The mission of the PBTF is to Increase public awareness about the severity and prevalence of the deadliest childhood cancer and provide educational and emotional support for patients and families. The winners of the College Scholarship will get a one-year award of $500.
The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is the world’s largest nonprofit solely dedicated to the pediatric brain tumor community. They serve the more than 28,000 children and teens in the United States who are living with a brain tumor diagnosis.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Diagnosed at or before age 19 with a primary malignant or nonmalignant central nervous system brain and/or spinal cord tumor, as identified by the World Health Organization
- Be a high school senior, high school graduate starting college or college student
- The applicant must have the plan to attend or already attending an accredited academic institution within the United States.
How to Apply:
To begin the application process, the applicant will need to provide your email address and create a password. The link is: https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/pbtfscholarship2017
To complete an application, the applicants will be required to provide the following electronic documents (Only documents in PDF (.pdf) format can be uploaded):
- A signed medical release form (physician’s signature required)
- One letter of recommendation
- School transcript
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The scholarship is a one-year award of $500 and will be paid directly to an accredited academic institution.
The application deadline for submission is due on Monday, May 1, 2017, at 5 p.m. Eastern. The applicants are notified by mail.
Link for More Information: