university of Calgary pathways scholarships 2019
The Cumming School of Medicine of the University of Calgary is glad to announce its Pathways to Medicine Scholarship which is one of the newest University of Calgary pathways scholarships.
The program supports the enrollment and success of future MD students from traditionally under-represented groups throughout Alberta.
A group of dedicated general practitioners brings specialty training in family medicine to Calgary. A three-year residency for certification in General Practice is piloted at the Calgary General Hospital.
Do you dream of being a doctor but medical school seems out of reach?
If you have the brains, passion, and dedication to pursue it, a career in medicine is within your grasp.
This scholarship includes tuition support for your choice of University of Calgary undergraduate program, a relocation allowance if you need it, supports a paid summer internship, and connects you with mentors from the faculty, student body, and community. When you complete your undergraduate degree you are guaranteed admission (assuming certain criteria are met) into the university’s MD program.
What You Need To Know About The Pathways to Medicine Scholarship
If you’re a graduating high school student from anywhere in Alberta and you want to help people live healthier lives, your pathway to medicine could start right now.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
Level/Field of Study
These Scholarships are available to study an undergraduate degree program awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
The scholarship is to be taken in Canada. Selection of awards will be based on overall quality of submitted entries and will be the sole discretion of the Cumming School of Medicine.
This scholarship is for Canadian students. If you are an international student and you wish to study in America, this is a List of Latest Undergraduate Scholarships for America 2019-2020
Tuition and fees: $5,000/year (for four years)
Relocation allowance: up to $1,000
Summer internship: $6,000 (in the third year)
Pathways to Medicine Scholarship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available for domestic students.
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must apply to their undergraduate degree program of choice at the University of Calgary independently.
- The scholarship applies only to studies at the University of Calgary.
- Applicants must be residents of Alberta as defined by the Cumming School of Medicine (CSM) Admission Policy. See MD Program Applicant Manual
- Only students from a low socioeconomic status background are eligible for this scholarship. Consideration will be given to applicants who are of Indigenous ancestry and/or from a rural community.
- Note: Low socioeconomic status is defined as having an average gross family income (as reported on line 260 of parental and personal tax returns) that is 1.5 times or less than the Statistics Canada before tax “low-income cut-offs” (LICO) for the past two to three years. More information can be found in the Pathways to Medicine Scholarship Applicant Manual.
- Note: Applicants whose parents hold graduate or professional degrees (e.g. MBA, PhD, MD, LLB, etc.) will be considered on a case by case basis, but are unlikely to be awarded a scholarship. The scholarship is intended to primarily support individuals who come from socially disadvantaged backgrounds in addition to financial disadvantages.
- Note: Rural is defined as having graduated high school in a community of fewer than 15,000 inhabitants.
- Note: Indigenous applicants must provide a status card/certificate of Indian Status or offer other documentation of indigenous ancestry. Metis applicants must provide a
- Metis membership card issued by a recognized provincial Metis organization associated with the Metis National Council.
- All applicants must provide a letter of nomination from your high school principal or a representative from a recognized community organization, Indigenous group or rural community.
- Note: Community organization is defined as a non-profit or geographic entity that serves or represents the target populations (rural, indigenous, or under-served urban). Organizations may nominate a maximum of two applicants per application year.
How to Apply for The Pathways to Medicine Scholarship :
The deadline to apply to the University of Calgary is March 1, 2019, please see application for admission to the University of Calgary.
All applicants who express an interest in the scholarship program will be asked to complete a preliminary Pathways to Medicine Scholarship application by March 1, 2019.
The Pathways to Medicine Committee will review the preliminary applications and shortlist based on two criteria: that the applicant fits with the vision of the pathways program and that the applicant demonstrates a strong academic ability. Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a full secondary application and take part in an interview process with the committee.
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
Applicants will be informed of award decisions by the end of June 2019.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Griffith University A Level Undergraduate Scholarships In Australia 2019
- Young Farmers Scholarship Programme in Australia, 2019
- Warren Buffett Scholarship 2019
- Student Financial Aid in the United States
- 2019 US and French Scientists, NIDA Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students 2019 at Robert Gordon University
- River Valley Cooperative Agriculture Scholarship in USA
- Foster Care-to-Success Scholarships 2018-2019
- Top 10 Turkey Scholarships for Pakistani Students
- Apply: VLIR-UOS Scholarship for Training and Masters Program in Belgium 2019
- Top 15 Turkey Scholarships for Ethiopian Students 2018-2019
- DCU Executive MBA Ambition Scholarships in Ireland, 2019
- GAANN Fellowship at Ohio State University, USA
- Dell Scholarships, 2019 In USA