Pan African University Scholarships, 2019-2020
The Pan African University is currently calling for applications from young, qualified, talented and enterprising applicants from African countries and the African Diaspora to apply for masters and doctoral program in the Pan African University Scholarships, 2019-2020.
This is one of the efforts by the Pan African community to encourage research among students, in the quest to achieve political and economic stability in Africa.
What is Pan African University
The Pan African University is an initiative of the heads of state and government of the African Union. It is a premier continental university network whose mission is to provide high-quality postgraduate education aimed at achieving a prosperous, integrated and peaceful Africa.
It is a post-graduate training and research network of university nodes in five regions, supported by the African Union. The new organization is also supported by the Association of African Universities.
Candidates with potential, motivation and who desire to play transformative leadership roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators, and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply in any of the following four PAU institutes:
- Pan African University Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology, and Innovation (PAUSTI), at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Kenya.
- Pan African University Institute for Life and Earth Sciences- including Health and Agriculture (PAULESI), at the University of Ibadan (UI), Nigeria.
- Pan African University Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS), at the University of Yaounde II and the University of Buea, Cameroon.
- Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences – including climate change (PAUWES), at the University of Tlemcen, Algeria
Why should I join PAU
- Excellent programs from a world-class faculty;
- A wide network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond;
- Attractive scholarship system;
- Joint degree awards from the Pan African University and its host universities;
- Excellent career opportunities in some of the fastest growing sectors, with relevant career guidance; and
- Lively, multicultural and pan-African learning and research environments.
Level/Field of Study
The Scholarships are available to pursue Master and Doctoral degree program in the following field of study;
Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Mathematics (Financial/Computational/Statistics), Civil Engineering (Structural/Arid and Semi-Arid Land option), Electrical Engineering (Telecommunications/Power Systems option), Mechatronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geosciences (Mineral Exploration/Petroleum Geosciences option), Health Sciences (Reproductive Health/Reproductive Biology option), Plant Breeding, Environmental Management, Phytochemistry & Medicinal plants, Sports Sciences (Sports Development and management Studies option), Veterinary medicine (avian medicine/vaccine production & Management option ), Governance and Regional Integration, Trans-Border languages (Kiswahili option), Conference Interpreting, Translation, Water (Engineering/Policy option), Energy (Engineering/policy option)
The scholarships of the Pan-African university must be taken in the following institutions
- Pan African University Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology, and Innovation (PAUSTI), at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Kenya
- Pan African University Institute for Life and Earth Sciences including Health and Agriculture (PAULESI), at the University of Ibadan (UI), Nigeria
- Pan African University Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS), at the University of Yaounde II and the University of Buea, Cameroon
- Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences – including climate change (PAUWES), at the University of Tlemcen, Algeria.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in Africa, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for Africa students
The scholarship is available to all African Students residing in African countries and Africans in other countries. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to the successful African candidates. Scholarship awardees should be committed to working in Africa after graduation
Pan African University Scholarships in 2019 has no specific number of offers.
Eligibility for Pan African University Scholarships
Applicants enrolling into the Pan African University Scholarships 2019 must meet the following requirements:
Masters Students must satisfy the following conditions;
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school),
- National passport (personal details page);
- Clear colored passport size photograph(2cmx2cm);
- Detailed CV;
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors
- A letter of motivation justifying why you want to pursue your study at the PAU.
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants.
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after preselection.
- Candidates for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programs are required to have excellent knowledge of at least two of the African Union’s official languages (Arabic, English, French and Portuguese).
Applicants into the Doctoral Programmes must satisfy the following conditions;
- A Masters degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognized university;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts,
- Copy of Passport (personal details page);
- A 3 to 4-page research concept note (tentative title, research questions, objectives, the significance of the research, etc…)
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm);
- Detailed CV
- A letter of motivation justifying why you want to pursue your study at the University;
- Maximum age of 35 years for male and 40 years for female applicants.
Scholarship Application Procedures
Applications should be completed online at pau-au.net. Application forms should be downloaded at the following address: http://pau-au.net Interested applicants should go through the Program guidelines before applying.
Application Deadline of Pan African University Scholarships
The call for applications is usually opened from May to June every year. Applications received after this period will not be considered. Further inquiries can be made through [email protected]
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
If you are an African seeking for an opportunity to pursue your postgraduate program tuition-free, Check out the Pan African University Scholarships. APPLY NOW