Organization For Autism Research Scholarship Program
The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) is pleased to announce the OAR Scholarship Program (the Schwallie Family Scholarship or the Lisa Higgins Hussman Scholarship) to supports students attending two or four-year universities. They are pleased to invite applications from persons with an autism diagnosis (DSM-IV or later criteria) who are pursuing full-time, post-secondary, undergraduate education or vocational-technical training in the four-year or two-year undergraduate college or university, trade, technical or vocational school. The OAR’s mission is to apply research to the challenges of autism.The scholarship program provides $3,000 scholarships to students across the autism spectrum.
The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) is an organization founded in December 2001 and led by parents and grandparents of children with autism, who serve as the Board of Directors providing leadership, life experience, and heart.
- Any individual with an established autism diagnosis and who will be attending an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education in the United States for the Fall 2017/Spring 2018 semesters is eligible to apply.
- Eligible individuals need to be enrolled on a full-time basis or be working toward certification or accreditation in a particular field (e.g., studying to be a paralegal, chef, etc.).
- Past recipients of a Schwallie Family Scholarship/Lisa Higgins Hussman scholarship or immediate family members of any person serving on OAR’s Board of Directors or Scientific Council are not eligible to apply.
- An autism diagnosis (DSM-IV or later criteria) who are pursuing full-time, post-secondary, undergraduate education or vocational-technical training in any of the following:four-year undergraduate college or university, two-year undergraduate college, trade, technical or vocational school, and cooperative life skills programs.
How to Apply:
To be applying, the applicant may sign-up for the application through the given link:
- The scholarship application contains basic contact information, date of diagnosis, proof of enrollment, and three short essay questions.
- Letter of recommendation:
- One letter of recommendation by the Schwallie Family Scholarship applicants
- Two letters of recommendation by the Lisa Higgins Hussman Scholarship applicants
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Organization for Autism Research (OAR)’s scholarship program provides $3,000 scholarships.
The application submission deadline is due on May 5, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any query, contact at scholarship-at-researchautism.org.