SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Open Society Community is inviting applications from its Community Youth Fellowships. The Open Society Foundations fund a range of programs around the world, from public health to education to business development. Activists aged 18-25 who want to implement a project of their own design that advances human rights in Buffalo, San Diego, or Puerto Rico are eligible to the fellowship. Through these fellowships, the Open Society Foundations aim to provide young people at the early stage of their work with the support they need to develop great ideas. The fellowship’s award of up to $60,000 for full-time.
The Open Society Foundations, which began in 1979, remain today committed to the global struggle for an open society and responding quickly to the challenges and opportunities of the future. The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and tolerant democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people.
Check the basic entry requirements that are given below
- Applicants should be between the ages of 18 and 25. Their proposed projects must focus on human rights and take place in underserved communities in Puerto Rico, Buffalo, or San Diego.
- Applicants must be at the earliest stages of their careers, have and want to learn more about what it takes to be most effective as an activist. Applicants directly affected by, or with significant direct personal experience of, the challenges, policies, practices, and systems their projects seek to address are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with intellectual and developmental disabilities are also strongly encouraged to apply regardless of support required. Effective and meaningful support will be provided to ensure the candidate is successful.
How to Apply:
For applying the fellowship firstly candidates must create an account through the given link:
To apply, students must be ready to submit the following
- Resume or bio: No more than two (2) pages
- Letter of intent (LOI): A single-spaced letter of intent (maximum 2 pages) structured according to the template you will find online. The LOI can be submitted instead as a video or sound recording (maximum 4 minutes) covering the same points in the template
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The winner will receive a fellowship prize in the amount of $60,000 for full-time, 18-month projects (prorated for part-time or 12-month projects).
The selection and notification cycle for the Open Society Community Youth fellowship are given below:
- Letters of intent due: March 22, 2017 (11:59 p.m. EST)
- Full proposals invited: April 2017 (only those applicants who have been selected to submit a full proposal will be contacted)
- Full proposals due: late-May 2017
- Finalists selected: June 2017
Link for More Information:
If you have any problem or query about fellowship, please contact the Youth Exchange at youth.exchange-at-opensocietyfoundations.org.