OPEC/OFID Scholarships for Developing Countries 2019-2020
The OPEC Fund for International Development – OFID Scholarship 2019 is ongoing for qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree, to win up to $50,0000.
The OFID Scholarship Award supports outstanding young individuals from developing countries so that they are able to pursue graduate studies in a development-related field.
The OFID Scholarship program, which is currently in its twelfth year of operation, has to date helped 40000 young people complete their education. This year, OFID received close to 10,000 applications.
About the OPEC/OFID Scholarship 2019
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the development finance institution established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a channel of aid to the developing countries.
OFID works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world.
It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness and trade.
OFID’s work is people-centred, focusing on projects that meet basic needs – such as food, energy, clean water and sanitation, health care and education – with the aim of encouraging self-reliance and inspiring hope for the future.
Through its OPEC scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of graduate studies.
The winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a scholarship of up to US$50,000.
The funds will be spread over a maximum of two years, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution, starting in the autumn of the academic year 2019.
Aside from this OFID scholarship 2019, there are other scholarships you can also apply for that is open to developing country students like commonwealth scholarships, Erasmus Mundus scholarship, Chevening scholarship etc
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- World Bank Scholarships for Developing Countries 2019
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- 21 Masters Scholarships in UK, 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
What You Need to Know About the OPEC/OFID Scholarship 2019
Level/ Field of Study
The OPEC Scholarship is a Full masters scholarship open to those students who wish to pursue studies in a relevant field of Development or Energy Studies such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
OFID scholarship award for international students is open to Any recognized University in the world.
The OPEC/OFID scholarships for developing countries are available to OFID member countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship. See the list of eligible developing countries for OFID Masters scholarship. OFID has 13 members.
Countries: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela. Ecuador reactivated its membership in June 2014 after a 22-year absence.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Aside from OPEC/OFID scholarships 2019, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
The winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a full-tuition scholarship of up to the US $50,000. The funds will be spread over a maximum of one year, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution.
Eligibility OPEC/OFID scholarships 2019
To be eligible to apply for the OFID Masters Scholarship, applicants:
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2015, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Easiest Ways to Apply for the OPEC/OFID Scholarship 2019
Applicants must complete the online application.
Within the online application, applicants must upload the required documents as listed below. All materials including the online application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than the deadline as stated below.
How To Apply for OPEC/OFID scholarship 2019-2020
- STEP 1: Ensure that you fulfil the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria and all necessary documents are ready for submission.
- STEP 2: Register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using your email address. Please note you can log onto the portal as many times as required before finally submitting the application.
- STEP 3: Fill out the application form. Make sure to save data each time you update your application. Once you are logged in, if the page remains inactive for more than two hours, your session will time-out and you may lose unsaved data. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process!
- STEP 4: Upload necessary documents: CV, two recommendation letters, certificates/transcripts from the highest level of completed education, acceptance letter into a postgraduate program, passport copy and personal essay.
- STEP 5: When your application is complete, and all additional documents are uploaded, your application is ready to be submitted. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or upload any more documents.
- A completed online application form.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
- A scanned copy of the last university degree or certificate.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from the chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program (must not exceed one year).
- Proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
- A short essay – of about 500 words in English – giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at the applicant’s present university.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Only the winner will be notified by June 2, via OFID website at www.ofid.org.
OFID scholarship 2019 Application Deadline
- Within the online application, applicants must upload the required documents as listed below in Section III. All materials including the online application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than April 14th, 2019.
OFID scholarship 2019 Application Portal
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for more details
Sponsors: The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
- Department of Defense Stem Scholarship 2019-2020 | USA
- Sugar Industry Scholarship at Sugar Research Institute in Australia, 2019
- 10 Public Health Scholarships in UK for Students from Developing Countries
- 24 fully funded scholarships for developing countries 2019-2020
- 35 university scholarships for developing countries 2019-2020
- 35 university scholarships for developing countries 2019-2020
- 15 Best Civil Engineering Schools in Canada 2019
- Top 20 Masters Scholarship for Marketing Students
- 30 scholarships To Study In Ukraine For International Students.
- International Student Scholarships at Kettering University in USA, 2019-2020
- 10 Best Medicine Scholarships in Germany for Students from Developing Countries
The OPEC/OFID Scholarship 2019 helps outstanding young individuals from developing countries.to achievetheir drams with full-tuition scholarships of $50K