You can study a professional course in India as a citizen with ease with the ONGC scholarships. The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) India provides scholarships to meritorious Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST) students. However, to proceed to fill the ONGC scholarship application form, you must be an Indian student in your first year of schooling studying the selected Bachelor’s or Master’s program.
The ONGC scholarships 2020-2021 is a prestigious one, providing over 1,000 scholarships worth INR 48,000 to students annually. Also, reserving 50 percent of the scholarships for females, the scholarship encourages women in education.
This post shares every vital information about this scholarship including the supported courses, regions, and process of application.
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), India administers this scholarship. The corporation is a pioneer public enterprise company in India. It is also India’s largest producer of natural gas and crude oil.
ONGC has set several benchmarks over the years, gaining it the recognition as ‘Most Admired Energy Companies’ in the list of Fortune.
Also, as a way to discharge its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), ONGC has taken part in several schemes. These schemes focus on areas like education, healthcare, entrepreneurship, women empowerment, water management, e.t.c.
The ONGC scholarship for SC/ST students is thus one of its initiative to promote higher education among the students belonging to SC/ST category.
Furthermore, the scholarship specifies states in the five zones that will benefit from the award. These states by their zones are as follows:
North Zone: Chandigarh, Delhi, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand
West Zone: Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu
North-East: Assam, Mizoram, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, and Nagaland
East Zone: Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, and Jharkhand
South Zone: Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, and Lakshadweep.
Engineering – 494 scholarships
MBBS – 90 scholarships
MBA – 146 scholarships, and
Masters in Geology/Geophysics – 270 Scholarships.
Each selected student for the ONGC scholarships will receive an award amount of INR 48,000 per annum. However, successful applicants will receive this funding monthly. Therefore, they’ll get INR 4,000 monthly till the duration of their course. The continued funding is subject to their conduct and performance in each year’s annual exam, however.
ONGC Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for the ONGC India scholarship and proceed to fill the application form, you’ll have to be:
- An Indian student studying in India.
- Categorized as a Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) student
- A first-year undergraduate student studying engineering or MBBS courses, or
- Pursuing a master’s degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA in your first year.
Additionally, you should:
- Have secured at least 60% marks in class 12 for engineering/MBBS disciplines, or
- Must have scored at least 60% marks in graduation if you’re studying PG courses (Geology/Geophysics/MBA)
- Have a gross annual income that does not exceed INR 4.5 Lakh (i.e., INR 37,500 per month)
If you’re an Indian woman passionate about furthering your study abroad, you can also check out our 17 Women Scholarships for International Students.
Finally, you must not be more than 30 years of age as on 1 November of the application period.
How to Apply for ONGC Scholarships
If you find that you meet the eligibility criteria for the ONGC scholarships, you can proceed to apply by following the steps below
Step 1: Visit the official page of the ONGC scholarships here: https://www.ongcindia.com/wps/wcm/connect/en/career/recruitment-notice/advertisement-for-meritorious-sc-st-students
Step 2: Download the application format available on it. You can also download the form here:
Step 3: Fill in all required details in the application form. Also, note that you are to fill the application form in capital letters.
Step 4: Attach all supporting documents duly certified as well as forwarded by the Dean/Head/Principal of the University/Institute/College.
Step 5: Send the completed application form along with the documents to the designated ONGC office of your respective zone.
Note, however, that the zone from where you can apply depends on the location of your college/institute/university of the qualifying examination. Your zone does not depend on your domicile!
Documents Required for ONGC Scholarship
It is not enough to be eligible for the ONGC India scholarship or know the application process. You’ll also have to get some documents ready as required by the scholarship.
The applications for ONGC scholarship remain incomplete without certain important documents supporting the information you provided in the application form.
Thus, here is a list of key documents you need to get ready before applying for the ONGC scholarships.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Caste certificate (in English/Hindi language)
- Age proof (birth certificate/ class 10th mark sheet)
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination
- Annual family income certificate (in English/Hindi language)
- Bank details (in the prescribed format), and
- A copy of the PAN card.
Zonal Address for ONGC Application Submission
For the purpose of submitting your application to the right location to be considered for the scholarship, here are the zonal addresses for application submission.
- North Zone: The Chief Manager (HR) is in charge of the application collection. Also, the address is Reservation Cell, Green Hills, A-Wing, Ground Floor, ONGC, Tel Bhavan, Dehradun – 248003.
- West Zone: The GM (HR) is in charge of the application collection. Also, the address is ONGC, NBP Green Heights, Plot No. C-69, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai – 400051.
- North-East Zone: The HR/ER is in charge of the application collection. Also, the address is SVS, ONGC, Assam Asset, Central Workshop, 2nd Floor, B.G. Road, Sivasagar – 785640, Assam.
- East Zone: The HR/ER is in charge of the application collection. Also, the address is MBA Basin, ONGC, 50 – J.L. Nehru Road, Kolkata – 700071.
- South Zone: The HR/ER is in charge of the application collection. Also, the address is ONGC, 7th Floor, East Wing, CMDA Tower – I, Gandhi Irwin Road, Egmore, Chennai – 600008.
The ONGC India scholarship is a merit-based scholarship. Thus, it takes into consideration your academic merit. The final selection of successful candidates depends on this.
However, the company itself – ONGC – prepares the final list of selected scholars.
Additionally, if you are pursuing an Engineering or MBBS program, the selection will be based on your performance in the class 12th examination.
On the other hand, if you are pursuing an MBA or Masters course in Geology or Geophysics, the selection will be based on your performance at graduation level.
ONGC Scholarship Terms and Conditions
In addition to the other information about the scholarship, there are terms and conditions which ONGC has set aside regarding their scholarships.
You’ll have to read and fulfil these terms and conditions for successful implementation and disbursement of the scholarship.
The following are ONGC scholarship terms and conditions:
- The students, who intend to apply for the ONGC scholarship should not be in receipt of any other scholarship or financial assistance.
- To ensure the continuation of scholarship every year, the scholars need to show satisfactory performance in their annual examination.
- The conduct of the scholar is also taken into consideration for scholarship continuation.
- The students have to obtain at least 50% marks or a scale of 5 grade points out of 10.
- In case the student fails to maintain the academic requirements or conduct, the scholarship will not be paid to them for the respective year.
- Furthermore, if the scholarship is discontinued, the students can apply for renewal by filling the scholarship renewal application form in the specified format. However, they would have been able to maintain the said percentage or grades again.
You can also check out the HDFC Bank Educational Crisis Scholarship Support if you are unable to continue your education from the loss of a sponsor.
The deadline for applying for the ONGC India scholarships is usually October 15th every year.
The ONGC scholarship is not an online scholarship. You’ll have to download the application form, complete it, and submit in your various zonal submission centers.
Additionally, if you have any query concerning this scholarship, contact ONGC. Here’s their address:
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited,
Green Hills Tel Bhavan,
Dehradun – 248003
Tel.: 0135 – 2792630, 2792656
However, If your interest is to study in Canada for free, check out our Fully Funded Undergraduate Studies in Canada.
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) India provides scholarships to meritorious SC/ST in Engineering, MBBS, MBA, and Geology. It is an opportunity for Indians living and schooling in India to complete professional courses without financial hassles. However, the scholarship specifies states in five zones in India that are eligible for the scholarship. You’ll have to be schooling in any of these zones to benefit from the INR 48,000 annual scholarship.
We Also Recommend:
- Moma Scholarships for Indian Students momascholarship.gov.in
- E-Kalyan Jharkhand Scholarships [Updated]
- MOBC Scholarship | Application [SHARE THIS]
- Ashirwad Scholarship Punjab-Post Matric Scholarship for SC and OBC
- Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship | DTE Diploma Results OUT!
- Brunei Scholarships for international students – APPLY NOW
- NTSE: Exams, Admit Card, Eligibility, Date & Process
- Sonali Bank Scholarship | Education Stipend
- Bank Negara Scholarship for Malaysian Students | UPDATED
- How to Apply for Oasis Scholarships on www.oasis.gov.in
- Latest Maulana Azad Scholarship
- APPLICATION FORM
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
ONGC India Scholarships for Meritorious SC/ST Students funds Indians INR 48,000 annually towards selected courses, but you’ll fill the application form and submit in your respective zone to be considered for the scholarship.