Ohio Legislative Service Commission (LSC) is pleased to invite applications for a thirteen months Telecommunications Fellowship Program for the academic year 2017-2018. Fellowship will cover $31,200 annually with an opportunity to earn an additional bonus of up to $2,000 for the length of service in the program.
Telecommunications Fellowship Program aims to provide better knowledge of electronic media, technology, and professionalism and improve their skills and confidence.
T h e Ohio General Assembly, through the Ohio Legislative Service Commission (LSC), has sponsored a legislative fellowship program for over 50 years, now with over 900 alumni. This unique program provides participants of all ages, backgrounds, and experiences with an introduction to state government and promotes careers in public service.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for the thirteen months fellowship programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Telecommunications.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship will cover $31,200 annually with an opportunity to earn an additional bonus of up to $2,000 for the length of service in the program.
Number of scholarship: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken at the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Complete at least a bachelor’s degree program by December 2017, with a major or minor in at least one of the following areas
- Mass Media Communications
- Journalism (Broadcast or Video & Film)
- Communications/Communication Arts (Electronic Media, Broadcasting)
- Have production experience in one or more of the following areas: videography, editing, directing, lighting, and/or audio production
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in another area of study may be acceptable if the applicant has acquired the requisite video production skills as evidenced by the resume and demo reel.
Nationality: USA citizens are eligible to apply for this programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply: Applicants will be sent all information at Ohio Legislative Service Commission as one complete application packet.
- A 2018 Telecommunications Application form A resume
- Official, sealed transcript(s) from each
- College or university attended (for more than one quarter or semester)
- Two sealed letters of recommendation;
- A carefully edited two- to four-page typewritten personal statement
- A five-minute (max) demo reel publicly accessible via web link with your name and duties related to the project(s) clearly indicated.
- The Commission will not accept application forms, resumes, personal statements, transcripts, or letters of recommendation that are sent via fax machine or email.
Application Deadline: The Application deadline is April 30, 2017.