SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are currently accepted for the 2017 Ocean Awareness Student Contest.Applicants from across the globe are encouraged to forward their applications, Eligibility for the contest requires that They applicants must be currently attending middle and high schools. Varied amount of the award will be given to successful students.All applications must be submitted before the application deadline.
Fromthebowseat Organization invites middle and high school students from around the world to participate in the 2017 Ocean Awareness Student Contest. The contest believes that students who learn by creating and making, experience deeper learning and longer-lasting behavior change. The theme of 2017 contest is “Ocean Pollution: Challenges & Solutions”, and it challenges you to research, explore, interpret, and say something meaningful about the connections between human activities and the health of our oceans. A number of awards will be given to the winning candidates.
Prizes will be awarded in each of the four categories at both middle school and high school levels as Gold Award, Silver Award, Bronze Award and Gold Award winner’s school, 10 Honorable Mention Awards and 3 Teacher Recognition Awards.
Level and Area of Studies
Middle and high school level in any field of studies.
Place of Study: Not specified.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Any student in grades 6-8 or the international or homeschool equivalent is eligible for the middle school division.
- Any student in grades 9-12 or the international or homeschool equivalent is eligible for the high school division.
- As long as you were a high school or middle school student for any amount of time during the Contest (Fall 2016 – June 2017) then you are eligible to enter.
- Students must have one or more adult sponsors – usually, your teacher is your sponsor. Homeschooled students may put down their homeschool teacher’s name. Please email info-at-fromthebowseat.org if you are unable to meet this requirement.
Students from any country may participate in this contest.
To apply, please follow the instruction as follow:
- Research: Use the website to find resources and inspiration Do research on your own, ask tough and complex questions, think about the way science and society help you interpret the theme, and start building your case for ocean advocacy.
- Create: Interpret the theme to create your own work of art, writing, poetry, or film that advocates for ocean stewardship. Make sure you’ve met all the requirements for your category
- Submit: To enter the contest, submit both your work and reflection through the given link: http://www.fromthebowseat.org/submit.php
June 19, 2017.