Last updated on April 11th, 2018 at 12:56 pm
Applications are currently been accepted for the 400+ OAS-GCUB SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM, BRAZIL 2018, eligible persons are welcome to apply for this program
Program for Education and Training (PAEC), Organization of American States (OAS) and the Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB), with the support of the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Division of Educational Topics and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO / WHO) is offering more than 400 scholarship opportunities to outstanding citizens of OAS Member States to pursue master’s or doctorate programs in Brazilian universities.
The programs cover various fields of study, cutting edge research and development programs, relevant to the realities and needs of Latin America and the Caribbean. Since its first edition in 2011, the OAS-GCUB Scholarship Program has offered a total of 1,792 scholarships for master’s and doctorate degrees in over 50 participating universities. According to the 2017 QS University Ranking for Latin America, from the top 20 universities in the region, eight are Brazilian universities.
HOW TO APPLY
- Potential candidates must review the Announcement and the list of participating Brazilian universities and available programs.
- We encourage potential candidates to begin their application process by collecting the required documents.
- Applicants are requested to select a maximum of three (3) master’s and/or doctorate programs. Each one of these programs has to be from different universities, located in the various geographical regions of Brazil.
- To apply to this scholarship, the applicant must fill out completely the scholarship application form for the OAS-GUCB 2017 scholarship program, and attach all the documents required for the application.
- Full tuition waiver (program cost).
- Partial monthly stipend for living expenses, taking as reference the value of CAPES as the least. (Covered by host universities).
NOTE: The monthly stipend DOES NOT intend to cover all living expenses, the student must be prepared and have the necessary funding to complement all living expenses.
- A one-time grant of $1,200 USD to be disbursed once the student arrives at the university, to the first 150 ranked candidates.
- Portuguese language support.
- The benefits are available for up to 24 months for Master’s and 48 months for Doctorate degrees.
- Applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of any OAS Member State except from Brazil.
- Applicants must not have received other academic scholarships from the OAS or from Brazil for the same level of studies as that for which they want to apply.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) to apply to a Master’s and/or a Doctorate program.
- There is NO PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT at the application stage. Those selected to receive the scholarship must show proof of superior intermediate level of Portuguese before completing their studies in Brazil.
- Applicants must complete and submit the online Scholarship Application Form. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Applicants must read, understand and accept the Announcement/Edict in its entirety
|STUDENTS FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY