NUI Galway and Galway University Foundation are sponsoring two scholarships, for the value of €6,000 each. Scholarships will be awarded to students of the Masters in Journalism and the Masters in History at NUI Galway in 2017 – 2018.
NUI Galway is a constituent university of the National University of Ireland. It is located in Ireland’s westerly city of Galway. A tertiary-level educational institution, it is ranked among the top 2 percent of universities in the world.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Journalism and History.
Scholarship Award: Two scholarships, to the value of €6,000 each, will be awarded to students of the Masters in Journalism and the Masters in History at NUI Galway in 2017 – 2018.
Number of Scholarships: There are two scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Students will be eligible to apply for MA in Journalism Scholarship if:
- They have accepted a place on MA in Journalism at NUI Galway in the year of application.
- Hold at least an H2.2 in a Level 8 degree (or equivalent).
- They can demonstrate an established engagement with journalism and media production, including those with professional experience in the sector and those with substantial experience with non-professional media.
- They will be eligible to apply for the P.J. Mara Scholarship in History if:
Students have accepted a place on MA in History at NUI Galway in the year of application.
- Hold at least an H2.1 in History or a cognate discipline at BA level (or equivalent).
Nationality: Students from Ireland are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
How to Apply: Apply Now- specific documentation in support of your application will be required:
- The award will issue after the successful applicant has registered onto the MA programme.
- Equivalency of awards from non-Irish institutions will be determined using NUI Galway International Office guidelines.
- If examination results are not known at the time of application, a provisional offer of the scholarship may be made on condition that the undergraduate result meets the minimum requirements.
- Where the Scholar intends to prematurely terminate the Scholarship, the university will assess evidence of academic progress to date of departure. In the event that the university deems the Scholar’s progress inadequate, the university may pursue the Scholar for reimbursement of the amounts expended.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 30, 2017.