Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is calling on eligible applicants to apply for PhD fellowship in didactics of mathematics. The fellowship is also available to international researchers.
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology is a public research university with campuses in the cities of Trondheim, Gjøvik, and Ålesund in Norway, and has become the largest university in Norway, following to the university merger in 2016.
Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhD research programme.
Study Subject: mathematics.
Institution: The Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Scholarship Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- The position as PhD fellow follows code 1017 with a gross salary of NOK 435 100 a year. A pension contribution of 2% of the salary will be deducted as an obligatory premium to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The position is open to researchers holding a master degree in didactics of mathematics, in mathematics/statistics, or in another relevant field. A solid background in mathematics at university level is required. Experience from teaching mathematics in higher education is an advantage.
- Master students in their final year are also invited to apply. Employment will then be postponed until the master degree is finished.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a master degree in didactics of mathematics, in mathematics/statistics, or in another relevant field.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants who do not master a Scandinavian language must provide evidence of good English language skills, written and spoken.
- The following tests can be used as such documentation: TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). Minimum scores are:
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 92 (Internet-based test)?IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted) CAE/CPE: grade B or A.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- Applications are to be submitted electronically through this page. Preferably, all attachments should be combined into a single file.
- The application should contain: CV, information about the applicant’s pedagogical qualifications and experience, testimonials and certificates
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 15, 2017.